Can't I play the entire EU Freedom Edition on a US console&ID?

#1nir085Posted 5/3/2012 3:21:02 PM
A few people have grumbled that the U.S. will not be getting the Freedom Edition of AC III. What I do not understand is if they order it through a EU store (or later on ebay) and pay the overseas shipping, what is to stop them from playing all of the game-based content on a U.S. system?

If you create an extra PSN ID, in which you claim your region is Europe and redeem the DLC codes from the Europe PSNstore, wouldn't the DLC (and the main game) be saved on your main hard drive space, so that you could sync the associated trophies in whichever ID is on your system?
#2gaming_noob4000Posted 5/3/2012 5:39:07 PM
I think the reason is because of region locks. A EU game cannot work on an NA ps3, or something like that, I'm not sure...
---
vittoria agli assassini!
Official Assassin Mentor of AC3 boards PSN: l33twtf
#3ReVenANT1489Posted 5/3/2012 5:49:43 PM
gaming_noob4000 posted...
I think the reason is because of region locks. A EU game cannot work on an NA ps3, or something like that, I'm not sure...

Pretty sure the PS3 is region free.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#4gaming_noob4000Posted 5/3/2012 5:56:53 PM
ReVenANT1489 posted...
gaming_noob4000 posted...

Pretty sure the PS3 is region free.

Then I have no idea...
---
vittoria agli assassini!
Official Assassin Mentor of AC3 boards PSN: l33twtf
#5supergohan1Posted 5/4/2012 12:40:29 AM
Tried that when GameSpot were giving out free codes for that armour in Revelations.
My main account is EU, but the codes were all for the US, so I tried redeeming the code with a US account on the same console, but it didn't transfer over to my EU save.
#6DarkChii200Posted 5/4/2012 5:29:34 AM
nir085 posted...
A few people have grumbled that the U.S. will not be getting the Freedom Edition of AC III. What I do not understand is if they order it through a EU store (or later on ebay) and pay the overseas shipping, what is to stop them from playing all of the game-based content on a U.S. system?

If you create an extra PSN ID, in which you claim your region is Europe and redeem the DLC codes from the Europe PSNstore, wouldn't the DLC (and the main game) be saved on your main hard drive space, so that you could sync the associated trophies in whichever ID is on your system?

yes if you create a eurpoean/uk account then you can download the dlc for the game if you import the game, and it will work because i live in australia and i have games imported from the us and they work, if i wanted the dlc for it i go into my us account and get it.
---
Psn: DarkChii
(Don't send me a FR unless i tell you to!!!!!)
#7Coolio86Posted 5/7/2012 5:53:11 PM
DarkChii200 posted...
nir085 posted...

yes if you create a eurpoean/uk account then you can download the dlc for the game if you import the game, and it will work because i live in australia and i have games imported from the us and they work, if i wanted the dlc for it i go into my us account and get it.

Just for clarity. I have US PS3, I get EU copy, use my EU account to get DLC, install it, use MY REGULAR US ACCOUNT with all my trophies, and use the game WITH its DLC? When more DLC is released, will the US DLC work on the EU game since I dont have euros? Also if I have EU version, is the voice acting any different and can I play against my friends with the US version of the game? Basically is there a downside besides the extra cash spent?
---
Pokemon Pearl FC:2234 5782 9642 Pokemon Pearl Name:
Coolio pokemon Black FC 1978 9485 5036
#8DarkChii200Posted 5/7/2012 7:29:44 PM
Coolio86 posted...
DarkChii200 posted...
nir085 posted...

Just for clarity. I have US PS3, I get EU copy, use my EU account to get DLC, install it, use MY REGULAR US ACCOUNT with all my trophies, and use the game WITH its DLC? When more DLC is released, will the US DLC work on the EU game since I dont have euros? Also if I have EU version, is the voice acting any different and can I play against my friends with the US version of the game? Basically is there a downside besides the extra cash spent?

yes you will be able to use the game on your us account and get the trophies, but if they release dlc you will have to get it from the eu psn.
---
Psn: DarkChii
(Don't send me a FR unless i tell you to!!!!!)
#9Coolio86Posted 5/8/2012 1:05:03 PM
Is there a simple way to convert US money to euros on PSN? Or do I have to buy a code online?
---
Pokemon Pearl FC:2234 5782 9642 Pokemon Pearl Name:
Coolio pokemon Black FC 1978 9485 5036
#10paige_matthewsPosted 5/9/2012 2:04:03 AM
On the side of the games there is code...

So if you get dlc that code must be same as it says on the dlc on ps store.

Like when I got Dlc for Mafia II it says it only works with "BLES 00521"...

And as for "Lost Archive" dlc, in EU you need to own "BLES 01467" if you got an EU account. So if you gonna get ACIII freedom edition you must have a EU account and if there will be DLC you cant download it to your US version of ACIII. Since the code on the side do not match...
---
PSN: Snuttanuttan