I really want to start playing this series.

#1GameNerd1994Posted 5/14/2012 3:45:57 PM
However, I'm not sure where to begin. Should I start all the way at the beginning, with Altair? Or is it okay if I start with ACIII?
---
Official Moon Knight of the MvC3 and UMvC3 boards.
Tara Strong fan for life!
#2IhateMelvinPosted 5/14/2012 3:50:55 PM
Yes, start at the beginning with AC1. Then, play AC2, and brotherhood. I suggest skipping Revelations. You can read up on it if you like.
---
"Wah, mommy, The big mean CEO jerk beat me in a card game! He's just so rich and succesful and perfect, it just makes me so mad, waaaaah!"
#3ReVenANT1489Posted 5/14/2012 3:57:54 PM
If you do skip Revelations, at least look up what happens with the story, and watch AC: Embers to get the ending of Ezio's story. Revelations is a good game if you ask me, but the other ones are way cheaper now.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#4GameNerd1994(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 4:02:43 PM
Thanks. It's like asking the question as to whether one should start watching Doctor Who from the First Doctor, or the Ninth Doctor relaunch...for those of y'all who happen to be Whovians.
---
#5IhateMelvinPosted 5/14/2012 4:07:07 PM
GameNerd1994 posted...
Thanks. It's like asking the question as to whether one should start watching Doctor Who from the First Doctor, or the Ninth Doctor relaunch...for those of y'all who happen to be Whovians.

I personally liked the first season, but I know alot of people started watching recently.
---
"Wah, mommy, The big mean CEO jerk beat me in a card game! He's just so rich and succesful and perfect, it just makes me so mad, waaaaah!"
#6papery0shi2Posted 5/14/2012 5:01:52 PM
i wouldn't skip revelations, its a great game imo
---
Brawl FC- 3780- 8691-5039- Mist [( Mains- Yoshi, Bowser, Peach, Squirtle, Mario)]
Pokemon FC- 1547-9508-2200
#7najzerePosted 5/14/2012 5:12:56 PM
You've got plenty of time until AC3 comes out and they're all cheap, so might as well start at the beginning. If you want to do them all, buy ACR new and it comes with AC1. Might be a little cost savings there.
#8bobbyrkPosted 5/14/2012 5:29:42 PM
Yoy really should start with the first.

That being said, I did read an article a while back that said that they're making AC3 accessible to newcomers - and it would surprise me if they didn't include a segment on what happened in the previous games.

As for people's talking about Revelations... it really was a completely unnecessary filler title - in fact, it was never supposed to be a full AC game, it was originally planned as a 3DS title (called Lost Legacy), and there wasn't supposed to be an AC title released in 2011.

Nothing really happens in Revelations that's important to the overall plot of the series (or at least, nothing that couldn't have been told in a DLC for Brotherhood). All the new stuff in it (both items and gameplay concepts) was poorly thought out and/or unnecessary. The characters are all pretty flat and undeveloped, as well, and Ezio has overstayed his welcome (don't get me wrong, I liked Ezio, but to derail the series just to make more games with him was completely unnecessary).
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#9GameNerd1994(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:03:17 PM
Alrighty, then!

...And, as I'm typing this message, there's an ad for ACIII on my screen. -.-
---
#10MyMentorSnakePosted 5/14/2012 6:25:51 PM
GameNerd? .............. Welcome to the Brotherhood.
---
I will not change this sig till i be able to perform a 540 roundhouse kick!
The Official Deagle of the Max Payne Board