Sorta-kinda update on Beiswenger case.

#1MadigariPosted 5/24/2012 11:38:36 PM
I looked into it a little bit more, and noticed that Beiswenger is dropping Gametrailers from the suit as of the 15th, but keeping Ubisoft on as defendants.

In addition, Ubisoft has until August 27th of this year to file their response to the complaint because they filed for an extension. Ubisoft also brought in an attorney who is not licensed to practice law in a federal court (Pro Hac Vice).

Just a small update for those of you who are curious.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#2haynknightPosted 5/25/2012 4:47:38 AM
What is the case about? Sorry I don't keep up with this stuff.
---
Vocare Ad Regnum Nicholai!
#3haynknightPosted 5/25/2012 7:46:44 AM
Nevermind. I found out what it's about. Kinda effed up if you ask me. This guy is just looking for some money cause his book can't sell.
---
#4ScoobySnackPosted 5/25/2012 2:31:49 PM
I have a feeling that depressing excuse of an author is gonna weasel his way into winning the case.
---
"This issue doesnt concern you. Dont Bother me. Die..."
#5Madigari(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 2:48:09 PM
haynknight posted...
Nevermind. I found out what it's about. Kinda effed up if you ask me. This guy is just looking for some money cause his book can't sell.

Well, he's looking for more than just money. He's also hoping that the courts will grant him an injunction that would see Assassin's Creed III not release (at least state-side).

It had everyone miffed for a while, but I guess they're not too worried about it anymore since AC3 is going to be at E3.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#6haynknightPosted 5/25/2012 5:39:37 PM
Madigari posted...
haynknight posted...

Well, he's looking for more than just money. He's also hoping that the courts will grant him an injunction that would see Assassin's Creed III not release (at least state-side).

It had everyone miffed for a while, but I guess they're not too worried about it anymore since AC3 is going to be at E3.

Yea I read about that too. If he manages to cancel AC III, I will be so furious.
---
#7StaticnovaPosted 5/25/2012 6:22:35 PM
Imagine how many people would detest him if he ever got it cancelled, though. He's kind of shooting himself in the foot, really. I mean, he'd have money, just not the admiration he deep down probably craves.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#8haynknightPosted 5/25/2012 6:50:10 PM
Staticnova posted...
Imagine how many people would detest him if he ever got it cancelled, though. He's kind of shooting himself in the foot, really. I mean, he'd have money, just not the admiration he deep down probably craves.

Yea he'd have money but I don't think people would buy anymore of his books out of the sheer fact that don't respect him anymore.
---
#9metallica1fanPosted 5/25/2012 6:54:01 PM
His claim going public actually caused his books more popularity. Most of this is certainly a publicity stunt, and I really don't think he'll ever win this lawsuit...
---
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace.
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.
#10haynknightPosted 5/25/2012 7:10:25 PM
metallica1fan posted...
His claim going public actually caused his books more popularity. Most of this is certainly a publicity stunt, and I really don't think he'll ever win this lawsuit...

I really hope not.
---