If this is the end of Desmond....

#1WilliambatsonPosted 9/16/2012 8:55:18 AM
If it is the end of Desmond Miles, does it mean Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor Kenway is only going to be on one game? It'd suck if that is the case. :-/
---
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
#2bobbyrkPosted 9/16/2012 9:08:14 AM
Williambatson posted...
If it is the end of Desmond Miles, does it mean Ratonhnhaké:ton/Connor Kenway is only going to be on one game? It'd suck if that is the case. :-/

We don't know. They could easily bring in a separate descendant of Connor's to replace Desmond. I've been hearing rumblings that the next game is already under development, too.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3Williambatson(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 9:26:42 AM
bobbyrk posted...
Williambatson posted...

We don't know. They could easily bring in a separate descendant of Connor's to replace Desmond. I've been hearing rumblings that the next game is already under development, too.

I hope they do bring in another descendant, if this is Desmond's final game. I know we've only seen trailers of Connor so far. But, he is in a super-clear path to become my favorite assassin. Even though Altair & Ezio were pretty badass and it'd take a lot to beat them, but I think Connor has an extreme amount of potential to become the best assassin they have ever made. I like his story, his fighting skills, movement and it's about time they had an assassin which was muscular too. :]

Oh well, if Connor isn't on ACIIII, I know the assassin would be badass anyway. :-)
---
Your sacrifice, no matter how painful; is worth something. Even if you never see the outcome.
#4Rojo_Posted 9/16/2012 11:51:47 AM
Williambatson posted...
bobbyrk posted...
Williambatson posted...

I hope they do bring in another descendant, if this is Desmond's final game. I know we've only seen trailers of Connor so far. But, he is in a super-clear path to become my favorite assassin. Even though Altair & Ezio were pretty badass and it'd take a lot to beat them, but I think Connor has an extreme amount of potential to become the best assassin they have ever made. I like his story, his fighting skills, movement and it's about time they had an assassin which was muscular too. :]

Oh well, if Connor isn't on ACIIII, I know the assassin would be badass anyway. :-)

Dont think about the Ezio trilogy as part of the plan at ubisoft that kinda happened due to time constraints and corporate greed. The assassins are supposed to get 1 game per person/ time period.
#5ChouTengenToppaPosted 9/16/2012 12:42:17 PM
Rojo_ posted...
Williambatson posted...
bobbyrk posted...
Williambatson posted...

Dont think about the Ezio trilogy as part of the plan at ubisoft that kinda happened due to time constraints and corporate greed. The assassins are supposed to get 1 game per person/ time period.

Doesnt matter, the trilogy was as good as AC2, they were extensions, AC 2.1 and 2.5 if you will.
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS
#6ScoobySnackPosted 9/17/2012 2:29:45 PM
Somehow, I doubt it.
---
"This issue doesnt concern you. Dont Bother me. Die..."
#7DevilTears604Posted 9/17/2012 9:14:43 PM(edited)
Maybe I'm the only one, but I never minded the Ezio trilogy. I mean, sure, it was made a trilogy because they wanted to make money, but c'mon guys, that's what a business is supposed to do. If there's an opportunity to make money off something and nobody pulls the trigger on it, that's fiscally irresponsible.

And besides, I PERSONALLY, felt I got my money's worth with ACB and ACR. More so with Brotherhood than Revelations. ACB tried some new things and they worked good. ACR tried some new things and they didn't work out so good. That's kind of the risk you take when bringing new stuff in. The den defense and Desmond sections were pretty bad, but I thought the combat was good. It was cool to finally see who Subject 16 was. I thought exploring Constantinople was fun and I really liked how we learned more about Abstergo and the Templars as we leveled up in MP. And as always, the database is a feature that I adore, and I'll never say no to more of it.

Not to mention, I think ACR had THE best ending of all the ACs so far. From the moment Ezio and Sofia arrive at Masyaf to Desmond waking up is just pure beauty.

So yeah, ACR may be the low point of the series so far, but you can't deny game companies put out a lot of games at $60 that are WAY crappier than ACR was.
---
Day One buys for 2012: Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed 3
#8LegendaryOozaruPosted 9/19/2012 3:36:35 AM
Williambatson posted...

it's about time they had an assassin which was muscular too. :]

What?
#9GLADI_ATORPosted 9/19/2012 4:33:35 AM
Williambatson posted...
bobbyrk posted...
Williambatson posted...

I bet that we've been playing as a descendant of Desmond's this entire time.
---
official grand master assassin of everywhere of ACIII boards
#10ChouTengenToppaPosted 9/19/2012 10:54:12 AM
GLADI_ATOR posted...
Williambatson posted...
bobbyrk posted...
Williambatson posted...

I bet that we've been playing as a descendant of Desmond's this entire time.

Then we wool band together and best the hell our of Alex.
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS