Would you like it if.....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Would you like it if.....
3 years ago#1
At the end of the game Connor dies? The reason why this idea popped into my head was because in the AC franchise, we've seen Assassins live their lives to their fullest i.e. Altair and Ezio. But what if the writers of AC3 wanted to show that not every hero receives a happy ending? For example, hypothetically speaking, let's say at the end of the American Revolution, after Connor gets a woman pregnant thus allowing the generation to continue to Desmond, George Washington orders the American soliders to kill Connor, who's defending his people, so that they can show their army's superiority towards the Mohawks if there ever was a land dispute again between the two groups because even though the American Revolution is over, the side story about the argument between land rights is still occurring between the Americans and the Mohawks. Connor is, i'm assuming, the most powerful person within the Mohawk tribe. So by slaying Connor not only does it show that the American army can easily destroy the Mohawks, but it also forces the Mohawks to leave the land due to the difference in power. No Mohawks defending land= no problem taking over land for Americans.
3 years ago#2
I would not like that. Connor is a Mofo, and no doubt Ubi will make more games of him to milk him as well, meaning they won't kill him off in his first game.
---
I will hunt you down wherever you're hiding and I will eliminate you. I am... Justice!
3 years ago#3
He isn't going to die, and can't. Not while his life is being followed in the Animus.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
3 years ago#4
But what about the next game.

Surely they wouldn't take away my ability to spend money on another game featuring Connor.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards
3 years ago#5
lamMelvin posted...
I would not like that. Connor is a Mofo, and no doubt Ubi will make more games of him to milk him as well, meaning they won't kill him off in his first game.

but it's essentially the last of Desmond's story, so in order to do a sequel they'll also have to update Desmond's story, but Ubisoft can't do that since AC3 is the last that we'll ever get of Desmond.
3 years ago#6
bobbyrk posted...
He isn't going to die, and can't. Not while his life is being followed in the Animus.

like i said in the first post, let's say Connor dies after getting a woman pregnant, therefore Desmond's ancestral lineage can still continue, but we can't continue exploring Connor's life.
3 years ago#7
It would be a shame to waste such a awesome character with a death at the end.
---
Assassins Creed 3 October 30
HELP WANTED Derrick Rose needs a sidekick.
3 years ago#8
AndreNitro posted...
It would be a shame to waste such a awesome character with a death at the end.

ya but something such as: death makes people feel more empathetic towards the characters i.e. SPOILERS (when Zack dies at the end of Crisis Core)
3 years ago#9
Liv3urway posted...
bobbyrk posted...

like i said in the first post, let's say Connor dies after getting a woman pregnant, therefore Desmond's ancestral lineage can still continue, but we can't continue exploring Connor's life.

Once Connor gets the girl pregnant we follow the baby not Connor
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards
3 years ago#10
Liv3urway posted...
At the end of the game Connor dies? The reason why this idea popped into my head was because in the AC franchise, we've seen Assassins live their lives to their fullest i.e. Altair and Ezio. But what if the writers of AC3 wanted to show that not every hero receives a happy ending? For example, hypothetically speaking, let's say at the end of the American Revolution, after Connor gets a woman pregnant thus allowing the generation to continue to Desmond, George Washington orders the American soliders to kill Connor, who's defending his people, so that they can show their army's superiority towards the Mohawks if there ever was a land dispute again between the two groups because even though the American Revolution is over, the side story about the argument between land rights is still occurring between the Americans and the Mohawks. Connor is, i'm assuming, the most powerful person within the Mohawk tribe. So by slaying Connor not only does it show that the American army can easily destroy the Mohawks, but it also forces the Mohawks to leave the land due to the difference in power. No Mohawks defending land= no problem taking over land for Americans.

Since when is dying alone in a sealed vault/library or from a heart attack a happy ending.
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Would you like it if.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived