I am like 65% done with Revelations.....

#1Yuji KaidoPosted 10/31/2012 12:12:37 AM
....should I just get this game anyway ? Dun feel like slogging through the rest and I havent played in like 2 months.

>:I
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#2m00hawkPosted 10/31/2012 12:36:11 AM
Dude, everything you need to know in Revelations can be found in the last 15 minutes. Just youtube it.
#3James MasonPosted 10/31/2012 2:49:24 AM(edited)
Revelations was absolutely useless from a plot perspective imho. It litterally accomplishes nothing... It's only there as fan service and to bring closure so fans aren't tied up to old characters and they can move to new time periods.

*Spoiler alert*

AC1 Established Altair, AC2 established Ezio while giving us background info on what hapenned to Altair after AC1 , Brotherhood basically showed Ezio becoming leader of the Italian Asassins and basically wiping the floor with templars in Italy. It brought closure to AC2, getting rid of the Borgias for good and stuff. Each of these games advanced Desmond's story alot too.

Now for Revelations.

Revelations showed Ezio going on a trip, getting a wife and retiring... I'd go on a limb and say the Asassin Creed Embers aniimated short story is the real deal here in terms of closure and advancing the character further... Just watch that and you will learn more about Ezio and get the all closure you need without even playing Revelations.

The game is almost insulting , hinting at revelations when it's all about fetching 5 keys to a door...

Yep, that's right, everything that happens in Ezio's Campaign happens strictly because the door to the Maysaf Archives is locked. If said door was unlocked or unlockable from the start, the game would have not existed... It would have been a 20 minutes movie of Ezio getting to Maysaf, opening a door, finding Altair, then retiring... The rest of the game, all that constantinople stuff, key fetching, etc, that's all filler...

As for the Altair Flashbacks, the only thing cool about them is that it renders the terrible Oliver Bowden book about AC1 and the PSP spinoff useless... God that book was terrible, nothing beats reading about altair spying, eavesdropping on meetings, then killing his targets exactly like in the game, minus the interactivity and the fun... It does flesh out Altair more, but honestly, I'll admit sometimes a little mystery goes a long way in making a character more interesting. These short flashbacks aren't exactly good at depicting Altair as a cool guy, he's more of a loser who constantly fails, gets everyone he cares about killed all the time and then dies...

That's the main problem I have with Altair's story. Everyone imagined him as a cool asassin leader when the game depicts him as an outcast loser who always fails and gets everyone he cares about killed... And since Ubisoft was lazy, they didn't even make us play the cool stuff, like the Ghenghis Khan battles and stuff like that ... They preferred reusing Maysaf over and over and having Altair walking back and forth the slope getting there. I'll personally take a good mystery over some forced closure.

Oh and the worse is by far the Desmond stuff... Turns out he's in a coma and at the end of the game he wakes up... Whoppie !!! Very deep stuff...

That's what really pissed me off... AC3 could have started with Desmond waking up after the events of Brotherhood, the team having found the US vault on their own analysing data or something. Ezio closure was established by the Embers video anyway, as for Altair, the book was okay for closure, while a 20 minute short story like Embers would have made it work just as good... So to me Revelations was useless.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#4William406Posted 10/31/2012 2:51:38 AM
To be honest, I just skipped from the middle of Brotherhood to this. You can always go back & they tell you the important things that happened in ACB & ACR in this game. The way I figured is I might get burnt out on gameplay if I went back & played 20-30 hrs of the other two before starting AC3.
#5Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 4:32:58 AM
William406 posted...
To be honest, I just skipped from the middle of Brotherhood to this. You can always go back & they tell you the important things that happened in ACB & ACR in this game. The way I figured is I might get burnt out on gameplay if I went back & played 20-30 hrs of the other two before starting AC3.

This is exactly what happened to me in Revelations. I ended up playing all 3 games back to back and getting burned out.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
#6Mech_BattalionPosted 10/31/2012 4:47:36 AM
AC:R was important just to show the ends of Ezio and Altair. It wasn't a numbered game so I don't know what you expected.

I thought it had a decent story, sure it was the weakest game in the series but it had closure. The number one thing humans strive for is just that. Especially if you have been playing since 1.

The point of it could have been a movie can be said about any game though, but that is the beauty of games, they are interactive and have more room for story.
#7yenmaster1Posted 10/31/2012 6:55:57 AM
If anyone is enjoying the AC series with the 3rd one being their first AC game, there's an Assassin's Creed Ezio collection exclusive to ps3 that comes with AC2(includes all DLC), ACB and ACR for $40, which isn't too bad for 3 full games. Comes out in about 2 weeks.

This is the best way to experience Ezios story if you haven't already since each game is $20-$30 right now.
#8TintedsunPosted 10/31/2012 7:07:06 AM
i really disliked revelations. i actually watched youtube and read about the ending before forcing myself to finish it just for the fact of doing it.

i would say i gained nothing from finishing the game that i didnt get from just watching the ending and getting informed on how it altered the story.
---
i7 960 @ 4.1 | 12 GB DDR 3 (3 x 4GB) Corsair Dominator | ASUS Rampage Extreme III | 3 x Vertex 2's in RAID 0 | 3 x GTX 480's in SLI | Corsair 1200W
#9James MasonPosted 10/31/2012 7:25:29 AM
"AC:R was important just to show the ends of Ezio and Altair. It wasn't a numbered game so I don't know what you expected."

Brotherhood wasn't a numbered sequel, yet it's probably my favorite entry in the series so far. It advanced both Ezio and Desmond's story alot too...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#10Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 2:30:08 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who got burnt out.

<_<
---