New to AC games, have a question regarding Ezio storyline (no spoilers)

#1Illusions1980Posted 10/31/2012 11:19:39 AM
So I played through AC starting about 2 weeks ago, and am now about 1/2 way done with ACII. I wanted to know from anyone who's played all of the AC games, I understand that AC: Brotherhood and Revelations are continuing the storyline of Ezio, but as far as the general storyline, does ACIII pick up after ACII or should I play Brotherhood and Revelations before ACIII?
---
PSN: Illusions1980
#2Nightmare966Posted 10/31/2012 11:21:08 AM
Brotherhood and Revelations do continue the Story of Desmond, too. In fact, you'll be like "WTH is this all about?" when you start ACIII if you haven't played those 2.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#3Prost1278Posted 10/31/2012 11:21:09 AM
By all means ACIII picks up from the end of Revelations.

I recommend playing Brotherhood at least since it's a VERY good game in it's own right, and then just watch a playthrough/read about Revelations.
---
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.
#4Nightmare966Posted 10/31/2012 11:21:52 AM
Prost1278 posted...
By all means ACIII picks up from the end of Revelations.

I recommend playing Brotherhood at least since it's a VERY good game in it's own right, and then just watch a playthrough/read about Revelations.

Revelations is a good game. Just a bit lacking on side content... But at the price you should find it now, it's good to go.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#5shabalakazamPosted 10/31/2012 11:22:40 AM
At least Brotherhood.
Revelations' can be summed up in a single video, just search for the ending on YouTube.
#6habbox77Posted 10/31/2012 11:22:44 AM
AC3 picks up right after Revelations, Brotherhood would be the most important one cause quite a bit happens there but If you really are in a rush you can just google the endings to both of them
---
Official Gran Maestro of the Spanish Assassins of the AC3 Boards.
Victoria a los Asesinos!
#7Illusions1980(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 5:38:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I will and was planning to play both brotherhood and revelations, I just was interested to dive right into ACIII because I like the time period, but I have no problem playing the other two games first.
---
PSN: Illusions1980
#8MoooglemanPosted 11/1/2012 6:58:57 PM
I loved revelations I thought brotherhood was the low point of the series but i seem to be alone in that. I'd really recommend playing through them all. I plan on replaying them after I beat 3.
#9notedeathPosted 11/1/2012 7:10:07 PM
Illusions1980 posted...
Thanks for the info. I will and was planning to play both brotherhood and revelations, I just was interested to dive right into ACIII because I like the time period, but I have no problem playing the other two games first.

Revelations and brotherhood are both so amazing. You know why many people complain about this game? it's because those 2 placed the bar so high that AC3 falls a little short, IMO.
---
GameFAQ's logic: Not answering someone's question directly = being a jerk.
#10darkestmercPosted 11/1/2012 7:12:11 PM
You can jump right into AC3 if you really want. The only problem with that is, the Brotherhood and Revelations will feel dated if you go back and play them.

I would suggest playing through at least Brotherhood (picks up literally right after AC:2. You are standing on the ground that you end AC:2 on which was really cool).

Revelations was the weakest point of the series, in my opinion- and not much happens. It is also the shortest game- and you can beat it in about 12-15 hours. If you want to play it though, it isn't bad by any means.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc