New to AC games, have a question regarding Ezio storyline (no spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. New to AC games, have a question regarding Ezio storyline (no spoilers)

User Info: Illusions1980

Illusions1980
4 years ago#1
So I played through AC starting about 2 weeks ago, and am now about 1/2 way done with ACII. I wanted to know from anyone who's played all of the AC games, I understand that AC: Brotherhood and Revelations are continuing the storyline of Ezio, but as far as the general storyline, does ACIII pick up after ACII or should I play Brotherhood and Revelations before ACIII?
PSN: Illusions1980

User Info: Nightmare966

Nightmare966
4 years ago#2
Brotherhood and Revelations do continue the Story of Desmond, too. In fact, you'll be like "WTH is this all about?" when you start ACIII if you haven't played those 2.
PSN: Nightmare966

User Info: Prost1278

Prost1278
4 years ago#3
By all means ACIII picks up from the end of Revelations.

I recommend playing Brotherhood at least since it's a VERY good game in it's own right, and then just watch a playthrough/read about Revelations.
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.

User Info: Nightmare966

Nightmare966
4 years ago#4
Prost1278 posted...
By all means ACIII picks up from the end of Revelations.

I recommend playing Brotherhood at least since it's a VERY good game in it's own right, and then just watch a playthrough/read about Revelations.

Revelations is a good game. Just a bit lacking on side content... But at the price you should find it now, it's good to go.
PSN: Nightmare966

User Info: shabalakazam

shabalakazam
4 years ago#5
At least Brotherhood.
Revelations' can be summed up in a single video, just search for the ending on YouTube.

User Info: habbox77

habbox77
4 years ago#6
AC3 picks up right after Revelations, Brotherhood would be the most important one cause quite a bit happens there but If you really are in a rush you can just google the endings to both of them
Official Gran Maestro of the Spanish Assassins of the AC3 Boards.
Victoria a los Asesinos!

User Info: Illusions1980

Illusions1980
4 years ago#7
Thanks for the info. I will and was planning to play both brotherhood and revelations, I just was interested to dive right into ACIII because I like the time period, but I have no problem playing the other two games first.
PSN: Illusions1980

User Info: Mooogleman

Mooogleman
4 years ago#8
I loved revelations I thought brotherhood was the low point of the series but i seem to be alone in that. I'd really recommend playing through them all. I plan on replaying them after I beat 3.

User Info: notedeath

notedeath
4 years ago#9
Illusions1980 posted...
Thanks for the info. I will and was planning to play both brotherhood and revelations, I just was interested to dive right into ACIII because I like the time period, but I have no problem playing the other two games first.

Revelations and brotherhood are both so amazing. You know why many people complain about this game? it's because those 2 placed the bar so high that AC3 falls a little short, IMO.
GameFAQ's logic: Not answering someone's question directly = being a jerk.

User Info: darkestmerc

darkestmerc
4 years ago#10
You can jump right into AC3 if you really want. The only problem with that is, the Brotherhood and Revelations will feel dated if you go back and play them.

I would suggest playing through at least Brotherhood (picks up literally right after AC:2. You are standing on the ground that you end AC:2 on which was really cool).

Revelations was the weakest point of the series, in my opinion- and not much happens. It is also the shortest game- and you can beat it in about 12-15 hours. If you want to play it though, it isn't bad by any means.
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. New to AC games, have a question regarding Ezio storyline (no spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived