Slow reloading..

#1Wooden MindPosted 10/31/2012 2:22:18 PM
Anyone else think reloading guns takes way too long? It's almost impossible in battle, because you keep getting interrupted. I know we're using guns from the civil wars, but it seems ridiculous after you've you played brotherhood/revelations. Ezio's, hidden blade-gun is much more efficient when reloading, yet it was a long while before AC:3 takes place, so they actually should have made the guns better by now, given all that time.
---
sig
#2SSTrunks1138Posted 10/31/2012 2:25:59 PM
It's realistic, but I know what you mean.

I think the pistol reloads pretty fast, and with rifles I usually just pick up another one after each shot.
---
PSN/Steam:SSTrunks1138
In Black Ops 2 you play as Frank Woods, unfrozen in the future to battle evil. -4/23/12
#3Element_PearlPosted 10/31/2012 2:26:47 PM
Yeah, except Ezio's gun was a custom made design and worked on by the smartest people of the time, and they didn't let that technology get out into the wider world.

For the most part you're using contemporary flintlock pistols and rifles in this game. Having to put in wadding, powder, a ball, and pack it all down again is exactly how those weapons were used in real life.

I mean, are you arguing that they should have changed how history actually was to fit your ADHD, CoD trained super fast reloadshootshootshoot tendencies?
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.
#4root_brianPosted 10/31/2012 2:32:56 PM
Also I think the gun Ezio had was the one Altair made by looking into the apple. So I think it was suppose to be way better than anything that was gonna be made normally for awhile.
#5MadigariPosted 10/31/2012 2:35:52 PM
Element_Pearl posted...
I mean, are you arguing that they should have changed how history actually was to fit your ADHD, CoD trained super fast reloadshootshootshoot tendencies?

Really? This was necessary?

Anyway, you also have to remember that Ezio's Hidden Gun was made by Altair, who used a Piece of Eden to figure out how. It's likely that meant it was probably way more advanced than most other firearms would be for that time (and, apparently, AC3's time as well).
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#6Element_PearlPosted 10/31/2012 2:36:53 PM
100% necessary.
---
#7Wooden Mind(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 2:39:05 PM
Well the hidden blade technology was passed down, I don't see why the gun part wouldn't be. As for historical accuracy, the game already takes liberties. They could have still made the reloading faster and kept the civil war guns, it would only serve to make the game better. In the other games you get a maximum of 6-10 shots, yet as you go on in AC:3, each upgrade gives the base 8 shots + 8 and there are quite a few of them. This only tells the player that it's expected for you to use the guns a lot, yet it seems silly with the reloading time they have.
---
sig
#8Element_PearlPosted 10/31/2012 2:45:22 PM
A real life musket takes significantly longer than the ones in this game do. It's already sped up quite a bit for 'gameplay' purposes.

Some rifles during the revolutionary period took as long as a minute to prepare for firing from an empty barrel. Some could be fired as many as 3 times during a minute, which roughly matches what you can do with the rifles in this game.
---