Parry-and-counter Glitch?

#1ScurePosted 10/31/2012 10:26:54 PM
I could be doing something wrong, and not realizing, but I am in the first sequence, where you're on the ship for the first time. I have to parry and counter the crew mates, but when I parry, and it goes slow motion, there's no indication of how to attack. It has 'Counter' by the circle button, but nothing happens when I press it. I've tried holding it down, pressing X, I believe I also tried incorporating the shoulder buttons, but so far nothing. The parry just ends and I do it all over again.
#2EedrahPosted 10/31/2012 10:34:11 PM
Maybe try the attack button(square) ?
#3TheIronGubGubPosted 10/31/2012 10:34:46 PM
Scure posted...
I could be doing something wrong, and not realizing, but I am in the first sequence, where you're on the ship for the first time. I have to parry and counter the crew mates, but when I parry, and it goes slow motion, there's no indication of how to attack. It has 'Counter' by the circle button, but nothing happens when I press it. I've tried holding it down, pressing X, I believe I also tried incorporating the shoulder buttons, but so far nothing. The parry just ends and I do it all over again.

When it goes into slow motion, press square to attack them. I had the same problem actually. lol
---
PSN: KingseekerFrampt
DD Pawn: Gub Gub
#4Scure(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 10:37:17 PM
Tried Square when it goes into slow motion. I cna't even attack outside the parrying. Is there a combination of shoulder buttons plus square or something to perform an attack?
#5Scure(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 10:47:46 PM
Okay, it seems with the first guy, you don't have the option to attack. I had to avoid his attacks, as parrying just was an endless sequence. He would miss me and stumble then I would press the counter button, which completed that portion, now the game is telling me to attack with square. I must have missed the instructions for the first part as to how to complete it. Oh well, at least that's resolved. Thanks for any help provided :)
#6killerdestinyPosted 11/4/2012 10:46:52 PM
In case anyone else was wondering in the first part u just hold circle down and it will auto parry for u. It won't counter or go into slow motion, it will just parry the attack. that's what the game was trying to teach u.
#7ry_mannPosted 11/4/2012 10:48:40 PM
Parry - Hold Circle
Counter - Tap Circle before the attack connects.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#8jacobfilyaw22Posted 11/4/2012 11:29:54 PM
Wait there is a parry and counter? lol I missed that somehow!
---
"Chuck Norris was in charge of tightening up teh grafix on Crysis. Any game trying for better is doomed for epic fail." -Vrack
#9lifelessdummyPosted 11/8/2012 6:15:10 PM
omg, i came across same problem during my 2nd playthrough...
thank you for this thread!~
---
"Those who are not willing to put their lives on the line are not prepared to deal with issues of life and death." -Kurogane, Tsubasa Chronicle