The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Assassin's Creed III - Magic Lantern Puzzle? Need help!

#1upquarksPosted 11/1/2012 2:26:37 PM
I can't solve this puzzle. I read the text and tried to use the clues. Still, I am unable to orient the lenses correctly.

Here are the icons: SUN, MASONIC 'G' EMBLEM, BALANCED SCALE, and MALE SYMBOL.

Here are the clues:
- ALL MASONS SHALL WORK HONESTLY UNDER THE SUN
- MASONS RECEIVING THEIR LAWFUL AND JUST WAIGES RIGHTLY
- FOR NO MAN CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH ANOTHER'S
- NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON

By reading these clues I figured the SUN would be on top, the MALE SYMBOL to the left, the SCALE to the right, and the MASONIC EMBLEM at the bottom. However this doesn't work. I've tried other variations because some of the clues are vague. Such as the first and last clue, they could be interpreted as the reverse with the SUN on bottom and the EMBLEM on top. I've tried all kinds of variations and it's not doing anything. Suggestions?

Thanks
#2AtaradanPosted 11/1/2012 2:30:55 PM
Sounds like mason G on top, sun on bottom, male on left, scale on right to me. I haven't found this puzzle yet though.
#3upquarks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 2:34:52 PM
I'm gonna try some more variations. So, should it just open automatically after I get the correct orientation? This is the first of these puzzles that I've done.

BTW: This puzzle has the "St. Paul's Chapel" banner above it.
#4AtaradanPosted 11/1/2012 2:41:15 PM
Yes, once you move them to the correct location and press X, you stop using the lantern and the door unlocks. At least that's how it worked for me on the two or three I've done so far.
#5shalakashkaPosted 11/1/2012 2:51:05 PM
Easiest.
Puzzle.
Ever.
---
~COI~ "It doesn't matter if your fat, ugly, smart, pretty, its all the same once your DEAD!"
PSN: Shalakashka
#6upquarks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 2:53:44 PM
I explained my solution clearly, so if you did something different please tell me.
#7ifostasticPosted 11/1/2012 7:18:54 PM
For whatever reason, I got it to work with MALE on the LEFT, SUN on the TOP, MASON on the RIGHT, and SCALE on the BOTTOM. I am pretty sure, I was just messing around and it clicked. I do know that the MALE was definitely on the LEFT, and the SCALE was on the BOTTOM. The other two I'm not positive on, but it's not difficult to check which one.
#8SunricerPosted 11/1/2012 7:38:21 PM
I can't solve this puzzle. I read the text and tried to use the clues. Still, I am unable to orient the lenses correctly.

Here are the clues:
- NOR SHALL THEY TEACH LABOURERS AND UNACCEPTED MASONS AS THEY SHOULD SEE OVER AND TEACH A BROTHER OR FELLOW MASON

By reading these clues I figured the SUN would be on top, the MALE SYMBOL to the left, the SCALE to the right, and the MASONIC EMBLEM at the bottom. However this doesn't work. I've tried other variations because some of the clues are vague. Such as the first and last clue, they could be interpreted as the reverse with the SUN on bottom and the EMBLEM on top. I've tried all kinds of variations and it's not doing anything. Suggestions?

Thanks
#9ated505Posted 11/1/2012 7:46:18 PM
sunricer posted...

Here are the clues:

Thanks

This. As soon as I read it I knew it would have to be taken literally.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Total War: Shogun 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
#10ifostasticPosted 11/1/2012 8:18:05 PM
You guys should be right, I think it was just an oversight. The solution that worked for me made no sense with the clues, only two were in the correct places.