Thanks guys, you save me $60

#41MahouShounenELPosted 11/1/2012 9:01:31 PM
For one thing, we were promised epic battles where there would be 1000 enemies on screen. I can think of only one event where there might have been that many enemies, and we weren't even allowed to engage them. There are absolutely no events like shown in the trailer where you get to charge into the front lines and assassinate the general.

first assassin's creed had promotional material like that too

don't trust trailers that are just pre-rendered cinematics, dude
---
http://i.imgur.com/mY7MC.jpg
No, I will not crush people with a steamroller for my finishing move. Stop asking.
#42the_requiemPosted 11/1/2012 9:01:49 PM
Anatomy of a GFaqs board:

Someone says he hates the game, almost everyone jumps on him calling him a troll.

Someone says he loves the game, almost everyone jumps on him calling him a blind fanboy.

I find it funny the way fanboys want everyone to spend money on the game to see if it is good for them or not.

I find it funny the way haters rip apart a game without even playing it.

Carry on guys, we all got tropes and cliches to live up to.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-50, Axton-10, Sal-25
#43ZodasRevengePosted 11/1/2012 9:10:16 PM
tizimin9 posted...
I have to say, I was disappointed.
Also, why did they take away the ability to grab onto ledges?

I was mad about this at first too, lol. I kept thinking "maybe connor hasn't learned it yet" or something. Finally after much testing I realized that to ledge grab the ONLY thing you have to do is push the stick up. Don't have to be holding R1 or pushing any buttons. Just up on the Left stick as you're falling.

That being said, it's only 100% reliable when you're up against a building and dropping straight down. If you make a flying leap into the air, and hope to grab something on the way down to save yourself, you're at the mercy of the game. Sometimes it lets you, usually it doesn't.

Anyway about the OP, I don't think this is a troll topic but I love to see people embarrassing themselves when threads like this get posted. Like you're taking it personally that someone doesn't like the game. Let people have their opinions! You look really dumb calling them "trolls" like you don't even know what trolling is.

I'm kinda disappointed in the game. If there's another one I definitely won't preorder and will probably buy it used. There was too much wrong with this one.
#44OoSubaruoOPosted 11/1/2012 9:24:28 PM(edited)
the_requiem posted...
Anatomy of a GFaqs board:

Someone says he hates the game, almost everyone jumps on him calling him a troll.

Someone says he loves the game, almost everyone jumps on him calling him a blind fanboy.

I find it funny the way fanboys want everyone to spend money on the game to see if it is good for them or not.

I find it funny the way haters rip apart a game without even playing it.

Carry on guys, we all got tropes and cliches to live up to.

It's one thing to hate a game, it's another to come to the board just to start an argument, which is in fact trolling.

Also, TC even admitted to not even own the damn game. So yeah, nice try though.
#45SIytherinPosted 11/1/2012 10:00:29 PM
_krat0s_ posted...
SupahPanda- posted...
tizimin9 posted...
I have to say, I was disappointed.

For one thing, we were promised epic battles where there would be 1000 enemies on screen. I can think of only one event where there might have been that many enemies, and we weren't even allowed to engage them. There are absolutely no events like shown in the trailer where you get to charge into the front lines and assassinate the general.

I really wanted multiple missions like that, instead I didn't get one.

Second, the horseback riding is TERRIBLE. Red Dead Redemption did it 10x better, and that game was made years ago.

The targeting system is lacking as well.

Also, why did they take away the ability to grab onto ledges? That was a very useful feature, and it really was a great help to be able to do so. Now when I want to grab a ledge sometimes I will jump down onto something I didn't mean to. Also, they shouldn't have done away with R1+X to jump, there have been too many times where I want to run to a ledge and drop down, only to have me jump down into some chasm because I pressed R1 too long

1000 enemies onscreen and engaged in battle with you? Can you imagine the lag?!?!?

Not too mention. why the f*** would i, a lone assassin, want to fight that many people, i'd never get past that part

Who said that the assassin would want to fight that many people? Various trailers keep depicting a battlefield filled with rows of each army fighting each other, and the cinematic trailer specifically showed Connor penetrating through enemy lines and assassinating a Templar. It would be really cool to actually, you know, do that in the game.
---
MAD MEN, LOST, AND SEINFELD ARE ALL TERRIBLE, OVERRATED SHOWS!
MAD MEN, LOST, AND SEINFELD ARE ALL TERRIBLE, OVERRATED SHOWS!