Does this horrid tree climbing thing improve?

#11ManuKesnaPosted 11/1/2012 9:18:15 PM
lolwhat, you can die while climbing trees? the climbing mechanic is so simple i wouldnt know lol
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#12ZodasRevengePosted 11/1/2012 9:21:34 PM
ManuKesna posted...
lolwhat, you can die while climbing trees? the climbing mechanic is so simple i wouldnt know lol

Well you won't die climbing the tree. But I died several times trying to get DOWN from a tree lol
#13PabloDuganheim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 9:22:00 PM
So I take it there's no improvement like there was in 2. Because there was a specific improvement when you challenged that thief girl to climb up the building. That's what I'm talking about.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#14ZodasRevengePosted 11/1/2012 9:23:00 PM
PabloDuganheim posted...
So I take it there's no improvement like there was in 2. Because there was a specific improvement when you challenged that thief girl to climb up the building. That's what I'm talking about.

No, no upgrades or new learned abilities or anything.
#15PabloDuganheim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 9:25:40 PM
ZodasRevenge posted...
PabloDuganheim posted...

No, no upgrades or new learned abilities or anything.

Ok, good to know, thanks! I may actually skip some tree viewpoints for now. No biggie. Lot's of other cool stuff to do!
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#16FreakyFrancPosted 11/2/2012 4:26:59 AM
PabloDuganheim posted...
Ataradan posted...
Are you only holding R1, or are you also holding X? R1 only is supposed to keep you from falling off...haven't progressed too far in Connor's part yet though, so not sure as to whether you get more skills.

Yeah, the R1 thing isn't a problem. I can run thru the trees without much effort. That's actually sort of fun at times. What's the problem is specifically getting some of the views in the bigger trees. I just now started Ch5 and was wondering about it, because in 2 his climbing improved with a later skill upgrade. Thanks for responding though, much appreciated.

all those viewpoint trees also have branches near the V shaped part,instead of jumping on the other V shaped part and make Connor climb,look for those branches and monkey swing to reach the 2nd V part.
#17gamefan190Posted 11/2/2012 4:36:33 AM
JManGT posted...
Seriously you have to go out of your way to FALL OUT of trees....
If you just hold r1 your pretty much the predator

---
Games - Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, DMC, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance, Crysis 3
#18XxLogeexXPosted 11/2/2012 5:33:32 AM
You guys having issues obviously never paid attention during the 3 hour long tutorial. It states that when you get to the V part of a tree, let go of R1 and hit the X button and Connor will Climp UP the tree. Its rather simple and I have never fallen out of a tree yet.
#19StaticnovaPosted 11/2/2012 5:49:08 AM
gamefan190 posted...
JManGT posted...
Seriously you have to go out of your way to FALL OUT of trees....
If you just hold r1 your pretty much the predator

XxLogeexX posted...
You guys having issues obviously never paid attention during the 3 hour long tutorial. It states that when you get to the V part of a tree, let go of R1 and hit the X button and Connor will Climp UP the tree. Its rather simple and I have never fallen out of a tree yet.

These.
---
Awaiting: Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Amnesia: AMFP, NS: UNS 3
Playing: TF2
#20riddlebox89Posted 11/2/2012 6:16:29 AM
PabloDuganheim posted...
Kaeaus posted...
No. You need to improve. It's an effortless game.

And you need to learn some social skills.

Actually he's right, if you're constantly falling out of trees and dying, then you didn't pay attention to the points when it tells you how to climb them, and are just not doing a very good job of it.

Or to put it simply, if you're sucking pretty hard, try to get better at it before saying it's the games fault, cause it'll most likely be your own fault you're doing bad.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.