Air assassinate a grenadier?

#1blade_7124Posted 11/1/2012 10:43:24 PM(edited)
First of all, what does a grenadier look like?

Second, how are you supposed to accomplish that goal without failing the other goal of not being detected?
---
Bow ties are cool
#2blade_7124(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 10:52:17 PM
Okay, the grenadiers are the guys in kilts. How that makes any sense, you got me.

Still got problem two. As soon as I assassinate him, I get noticed.
---
Bow ties are cool
#3MoooglemanPosted 11/1/2012 10:52:26 PM
Can't recall what they look like but do it off a box or some thing away from the other people. you can kill people fast and get away with it if you run away quick.
#4JManGTPosted 11/1/2012 10:53:31 PM
He's the dude in the kilt.
Climb the mast, bow and arrow all the other guards (or poison dart) from up there. Air assassinate mr kilt
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#5iamchaossthoughPosted 11/2/2012 5:05:05 PM
blade_7124 posted...
First of all, what does a grenadier look like?

Second, how are you supposed to accomplish that goal without failing the other goal of not being detected?

Yea, crap like this is slowly eating away at my enjoyment of the game. Nothing is more annoying than having these optional objectives that are just rubbish and don't contribute to anything. Really... I am trying to assault a ship secretly to sabotage it, but to get 100% I need to air assassinate a character?

I honestly wish I could just turn all of the ridiculous optional objectives off.
#6MadigariPosted 11/2/2012 5:06:51 PM
iamchaossthough posted...
I honestly wish I could just turn all of the ridiculous optional objectives off.

You can. It's called, "Exercise some self control, don't pay any attention to them, and play the game how you want."

I'm not sure where in the options menu that setting is.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#7NicRPosted 11/2/2012 5:21:15 PM
That was a frustrating one.

Okay, walk-through.

First go to the hard part, which is the boat with the grenadier.

First take one of the 3 guards in front of the boat using a ledge kill, then take out the "regular" patrolling guard using also ledge kill (be careful to assassinate while no one is patrolling nearby, otherwise you'll get caught). Once you killed those 2, go to the back of the boat and take out the patrolling soldier there (I used a cover kill. Careful not to get spotted by the grenadier).

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. Go back to the front of the boat (swimming), climb to the front and rapidly use poison darts on those guards and immediately jump of the ledge, not to get spotted by the grenadier. It is extremely important to use the poison darts (I don't think it can be done without them), so DO NOT SEND ANY RECRUIT INTO MISSIONS WHILE DOING THIS!. If you do, the game will autosave after the mission is done, and you might loose the poison darts you had if you fail an attempt.

Ok, back to business. Once those 2 guys in front are dead, just climb to the mast and assassinate the grenadier.

Boat 2 is easy. Go to the back of the boat and ledge kill one of the patrolling officers (not the one in the back, but rather the one that patrols through the middle). Once that is done, go back to the middle of the boat, and wait for the other patrolling officer to move out of sight. Climb to the boat and ignite the powder quickly, ignoring the other guards, and jump down. That's it.

Optional objectives is the only way to make this game remotely challenging,
---
-"Crescit amor nummi, quantum ipsa pecunia crescit"
PSN : TAXLORD ; why don't you like my PSN???
#8Jbo1018Posted 11/5/2012 6:25:12 PM
NicR posted...
That was a frustrating one.

Okay, walk-through.

First go to the hard part, which is the boat with the grenadier.

First take one of the 3 guards in front of the boat using a ledge kill, then take out the "regular" patrolling guard using also ledge kill (be careful to assassinate while no one is patrolling nearby, otherwise you'll get caught). Once you killed those 2, go to the back of the boat and take out the patrolling soldier there (I used a cover kill. Careful not to get spotted by the grenadier).

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART. Go back to the front of the boat (swimming), climb to the front and rapidly use poison darts on those guards and immediately jump of the ledge, not to get spotted by the grenadier. It is extremely important to use the poison darts (I don't think it can be done without them), so DO NOT SEND ANY RECRUIT INTO MISSIONS WHILE DOING THIS!. If you do, the game will autosave after the mission is done, and you might loose the poison darts you had if you fail an attempt.

Ok, back to business. Once those 2 guys in front are dead, just climb to the mast and assassinate the grenadier.

Boat 2 is easy. Go to the back of the boat and ledge kill one of the patrolling officers (not the one in the back, but rather the one that patrols through the middle). Once that is done, go back to the middle of the boat, and wait for the other patrolling officer to move out of sight. Climb to the boat and ignite the powder quickly, ignoring the other guards, and jump down. That's it.

Optional objectives is the only way to make this game remotely challenging,

It's sooo much easier than all that.

First go to the far side of the boat with the Grenadier on it and preform a ledge assassination on the patrolling guard. (make sure you let the grenadier pass first!!) Then climb around to the front of the boat and do a ledge assassination to the guard standing alone. (again make SURE the grenadier has passed and is facing the other direction when you do this!! ) Now equip the hidden blade and watch the grenadier. He will stop facing the ledge you are holding AS SOON AS HE TURNS AWAY FROM YOU hop over the ledge and do the quick two in a row silent assassinations and get back out of sight. (over the ledge) Now head around the ledge to the back of the boat and watch the patrols pattern. When he is up in front of the boxes sitting on the rear of the ship hop up and get on the corner of the boxes and do a cover assassination. (again you might have to wait till the last second when the grenadier is turned away just monitor their patterns. PITA I know.) Now with all the guards cleared but the grenadier hop over the ledge and scoot around the the web like ropes you can climb up and scramble your way up there when the grenadier isn't looking. Preform an air assassination on him, ignite the boat, and then on to the easy boat.
#9GreyfeldPosted 11/5/2012 6:32:07 PM
*Shrugs* I just climbed the rigging and shot arrows into the heads of the guards that were paired together. Never got spotted.
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa
#10Damien94Posted 11/5/2012 6:33:58 PM
iamchaossthough posted...

Yea, crap like this is slowly eating away at my enjoyment of the game. Nothing is more annoying than having these optional objectives that are just rubbish and don't contribute to anything. Really... I am trying to assault a ship secretly to sabotage it, but to get 100% I need to air assassinate a character?

If you didn't ***** about the optional objectives in AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations, then you really have no reason to ***** about them in AC3.

And there is a way to turn them off... it's called ignore them and don't do them.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.