Help THIS GAME IS BORING....WTF did Hutchison do to AC franchise!

#11rush86Posted 11/3/2012 10:57:32 AM
wow something is wrong wit u. Nathans story is really awesome. And theres lots to do.
#12rufuzmitchellPosted 11/3/2012 11:06:30 AM
wow i must be really dense but who the hell is nathan callaway?
#13AlexichuPosted 11/3/2012 11:09:55 AM
It wasn't the most exciting but it sure wasn't boring either. It was good story telling.
---
PSN: Sonic_1985
Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister
#14zidane7007Posted 11/3/2012 11:10:59 AM
TheDoctorIsln posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
SymphonicRain posted...
A lot of people are saying it's slow to start. That may be a fault on their end, but surely your attention span/patience could use some work.

You really have to blame the entertainment industry in general first. They have made it so that the first 5 minutes (let alone first few hours) draw you in so when they fail their own formula it shows a failure on their part not ours. We expect a certain level of quality that the industry itself has set so its not our fault for being bored by slow pacing its their fault for placing so much emphasis on it in the first place.

This, blame movies like Transformers or other high budget action movies. People want instant satisfaction and don't want to wait a little longer for the plot to develop, they just want the "good" stuff.

While both of you are on to something, I think there's another factor at work here. What bothered me was the fact that I didn't see anything at all about having to play as a different character for almost half of the game. Now, I didn't see every preview there was, but no major trailers that I saw showed anything but Connor. Now, I didn't really mind playing as Haytham. The only problems I had with it were anticipation to play as connor for the open world and all that, and anxiety about exploring because I wasn't sure what carried over. For example, I opened a treasure chest as Haytham, which was basically money wasted. But for the sake of the story, I was rather entertained and the twist was nice as well.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.3 Ghz, MSI Geforce GTX680 Twinfrozr Ed, 8 gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600 Mhz.
PSN: zidane7007, XBL: Basstardfish
#15lamMelvinPosted 11/3/2012 11:15:14 AM
zidane7007 posted...
TheDoctorIsln posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
SymphonicRain posted...
A lot of people are saying it's slow to start. That may be a fault on their end, but surely your attention span/patience could use some work.

You really have to blame the entertainment industry in general first. They have made it so that the first 5 minutes (let alone first few hours) draw you in so when they fail their own formula it shows a failure on their part not ours. We expect a certain level of quality that the industry itself has set so its not our fault for being bored by slow pacing its their fault for placing so much emphasis on it in the first place.

This, blame movies like Transformers or other high budget action movies. People want instant satisfaction and don't want to wait a little longer for the plot to develop, they just want the "good" stuff.

While both of you are on to something, I think there's another factor at work here. What bothered me was the fact that I didn't see anything at all about having to play as a different character for almost half of the game. Now, I didn't see every preview there was, but no major trailers that I saw showed anything but Connor. Now, I didn't really mind playing as Haytham. The only problems I had with it were anticipation to play as connor for the open world and all that, and anxiety about exploring because I wasn't sure what carried over. For example, I opened a treasure chest as Haytham, which was basically money wasted. But for the sake of the story, I was rather entertained and the twist was nice as well.

Aw man, you just reminded me of all the treasure chest I opened as Haytham... Damn.

But Metal Gear Solid 2 did something similar. They pretty much advertised nothing but Solid Snake, and 30 minutes into the game, you end up playing as... Raiden.
---
" My name is Teru Mikami, and i'm going to say Delete over 50 times even though there's only 9 people in the room, and only 8 I have to kill!"
#16lionhartwolfPosted 11/3/2012 11:21:35 AM
lamMelvin posted...
zidane7007 posted...
TheDoctorIsln posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
SymphonicRain posted...

Aw man, you just reminded me of all the treasure chest I opened as Haytham... Damn.

But Metal Gear Solid 2 did something similar. They pretty much advertised nothing but Solid Snake, and 30 minutes into the game, you end up playing as... Raiden.

Good call that was the first example that came to mind. I really feel bad for Raiden I think he got a bad wrap because of that game. People wanted to play as Snake, the demo had Snake (it actually was his entire playthrough in the game) the cover had Snake on it. I think a lot of people felt lied to and took it out on Raiden but I guess thats a different story for a different thread.
#17riddlebox89Posted 11/3/2012 11:25:24 AM
Joeydollaz topic, move along people nothing to see here.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#18lamMelvinPosted 11/3/2012 11:27:12 AM
Yeah, if you look on the back of the game case or something, all you see is Snake. That was my first Metal Gear game though, and I was just as confused as Raiden was, so I don't really hate him. I kinda dislike how he is in MGS4 though.
---
" My name is Teru Mikami, and i'm going to say Delete over 50 times even though there's only 9 people in the room, and only 8 I have to kill!"
#19Xipe-TotecPosted 11/3/2012 11:34:49 AM
I don't see what is so boring, I was completely drawn in right away
---
Like a corpse in a shallow grave, corruption rises to the surface...
#20tales_of_chaosPosted 11/3/2012 11:36:23 AM
zidane7007 posted...
TheDoctorIsln posted...
lionhartwolf posted...
SymphonicRain posted...

almost half the game really? u must have done everything possible as haythem cause i got to connor only 3 hours in.....
---
mothers sleep better when finding out people on gamefaqs cry more then their infant children