help how do you climb the trees to sync them

#1shads3055Posted 11/3/2012 9:32:52 PM
omg everytime i get almost to the top of the tree to find where to sync it.. i jump off or cant figure out where to climb to next.. so anyoing and frustrating.. anytips what to look for or how.. ugg ugg
#2alexponentialPosted 11/3/2012 9:46:27 PM
There's like two or three branches where you press X to climb up rather than go forward, and then at the last one there is a bunch of branches you swing across like monkey bars until you get to the final perch to climb up on. All of those big tree viewpoints are the same (at least the ones I've come across). The problem that I have with them is that there either isn't a haystack or something similar at the bottom, or the game doesn't give you a clear view to find out which direction it is in, and I usually jump to my death at the top of those trees, lol.
#3Grendel PrimePosted 11/3/2012 9:51:23 PM
I had trouble with this the first time I climbed a tree, too. Instead of jumping toward the other main trunk that has the synch spot near the top, turn around and you should be able to leap to some branches and "monkey bar" your way around. The last couple monkey bar branches can be tricky but just maneuver back and forth until you leap forward. Eventually you'll get to the trunk you need to be on and you just climb a couple more times to get to the synch spot.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#4Grendel PrimePosted 11/3/2012 9:57:13 PM(edited)
@alexponential - it's funny we both described that as monkey bars.

And I've found that after you synch you're automatically facing a haystack so you should be able to leap off without looking around. Although one time I leapt to my death, too :/
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#5skinneyfatPosted 11/3/2012 9:56:18 PM
I think to be safe you only need to press X alone. Don't press R1 and you won't jump out of the tree, just up.
---
skinman1:Demon souls - 100% complete but lost the save file ><!!! Dark souls on its way to 100%
#6skinneyfatPosted 11/3/2012 9:56:52 PM
forgot to mention, lean toward the branch you are trying to reach.
---
skinman1:Demon souls - 100% complete but lost the save file ><!!! Dark souls on its way to 100%
#7shads3055(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2012 10:03:22 PM
ok i will try just x at the parts after the swinging.. its that aprt i keep jumping to my death..

so anyoing hopefully i figure it out.