Sequence 7-3 is nearly unplayable (Spoilers)

#11RyureilPosted 11/3/2012 11:48:37 PM
Vicious756 posted...
Nami, I've tried to kill one right after the other but it doesnt work. The guard that's left standing after the first assassination immediately notices that I'm there.

Does no one find it totally odd that the ability to double assassinate someone on the ground, in low profile has been completely removed? Why could we do it for the last three games, but no longer. The in game manual even says that we can do it. It makes no mention of it being any different than past games.

I really think this is a glitch.

Yeah, actually this probably one of my biggest issues with the game. It seems they got a bit lazy in the gameplay area in general, this is a huge issue. They deliberately set up missions (like this one) where you pretty much need to dual assassinate without being detected but you are unable to.
---
"You're going to be a hero now Suzaku."
#12Godstriker8Posted 11/4/2012 1:03:20 AM
Yeah, this one annoyed me.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#13GreyfeldPosted 11/4/2012 2:06:26 AM
Ryureil posted...
Vicious756 posted...
Nami, I've tried to kill one right after the other but it doesnt work. The guard that's left standing after the first assassination immediately notices that I'm there.

Does no one find it totally odd that the ability to double assassinate someone on the ground, in low profile has been completely removed? Why could we do it for the last three games, but no longer. The in game manual even says that we can do it. It makes no mention of it being any different than past games.

I really think this is a glitch.

Yeah, actually this probably one of my biggest issues with the game. It seems they got a bit lazy in the gameplay area in general, this is a huge issue. They deliberately set up missions (like this one) where you pretty much need to dual assassinate without being detected but you are unable to.

It's something I noticed early on and bugged the hell out of me all the way until the end of the game. Not being about to double low-profile assassinate made taking out pairs of guards a huge pain in the butt.

That said, you can still double assassinate of you go into high-profile mode. It looks pretty badass, but it's really flashy, so I only used it when I was opening on a large group of enemies.

Another thing that really bothered me was the apparent complete removal of in-combat one-shot assassinations. The smoke bombs made taking out large groups totally awesome in the last game, but you can't do that any more in AC3. You also can't 1-shot assassinate any enemy that's in combat, even if you're not in combat yourself, which is just ridiculous.
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa
#14Vicious756(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 6:25:39 AM
The Chow posted...
Double low-profile assassination only seems to be available if you equip double-blades.

Wait, how do you equip double blades? In my game there is only the option for one hidden blade. There's no icon for 2.
#15The ChowPosted 11/4/2012 8:58:08 AM
I think Hidden Blade itself is automatically a double kill if there's a couple of enemies. Try it yourself on some random enemies. If they're side-by-side, Connor will dual-kill exactly the way Ezio does. If they're two enemies lined up, Connor will step on one and stab the other.

I didn't look too closely, but it appears he uses both Hidden Blade and the Tomahawk at the same time when you stealth kill with the Hidden Blade equipped.
---
"I dreamt that I was a 'Genie-Firefighter'! I fought fires and granted wishes!"
#16dimebagdrlPosted 11/6/2012 2:50:02 AM
endrance2108 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8E8QL25-XI

Follow that ^ my friends, its pretty simple, this guy helps alot

Genius... Simple genius.
---
"Don't fight with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - A guy who clearly lost the fight.
#17BenjithamanPosted 11/6/2012 3:27:58 AM
After many attempts at this, finally did it simply by climbing the rigging up to the masts. Go to the right ship first and climb up the rigging on the left front side. Guards will be alerted but as you climb they don't trigger into alarm status. Just whip out your bow and start popping them off while moving between masts. Then switch to poison darts to finish off the rest of the right ships troops. Make sure to loot all the bodies though to regain your arrows and sometimes darts.

For the second ship, go to the back of it and go up the bow. Take out the guard at the small little opening when he walks past which shouldn't trigger anyone and move up the rigging again to use your trusty arrows again. Obviously leaving the grenadier for last. And just air assass him. Hope that helps.
#18egpNoodlezPosted 11/7/2012 11:06:14 AM
Just did this now, actually it's easy once you learn the guard positions and exploit the hell out of the stupid AI.

From where you start, left and right ships. Left ship, swim around to the other side and ledge assassinate the one guy, climb right to the guy who patrols around a box. Whistle, kill him, grenadier should notice, if not run near him to attract his attention. While he goes to look around the box, run around and use the stuff near the box as steps to run up and air assassinate. Lure the others over to the box here or the one in the middle, corner assassinate them all, done.

Right ship is even easier, I was moaning because I used two poison darts and restarted checkpoint to find out none were replenished, but you only need one kill. Usuing the same side as the last ship, simply ledge assassinate the one officer, wait for the other one to go around the boxes. If you look, no one else can see the black powder store, so easy plant and run.

Missions that make you think you need to double assassinate, but it's actually easier to skip that and exploit the piss poor AI xD
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#19JManGTPosted 11/7/2012 11:08:10 AM
So it's unplayable for having OPTIONAL objectives that you DOMT have to do?
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#20Col_88Posted 11/7/2012 11:42:59 AM
I climbed up and just shot everyone with a bow except the grenadier.. Dropped on him then went to next ship and did the same (officers took 2 bow shots so leave one till last so you can stealth assassinate him incase you run out of arrows) ... Timing the climb was probabley the hardest thing about that mission?
---
PSN=Col_c88
"Only a mind free of impediments is capable of grasping the chaotic beauty of the world. This is our greatest asset."