What time period for AC4?

#11nwtnsbstrdsonPosted 11/5/2012 8:31:18 AM
I really just want to loot and plunder... I think It would be awesome if you could take out a ships masts, board, force any survivors to join your crew and sell the goods! Maybe even built a fleet like my hero: Bartholomew Roberts. Ubi could definitely win with a Pirate Sim.
---
psn: grapeismurder
#12Viper114Posted 11/5/2012 8:32:53 AM
Discounting any AC 3.5 or whatever they may make to extend Connor's story, the major events that could have AC4 take place (if it's not in the present day focusing solely on Desmond) could include:

1. Napoleon's saga

2. American Civil War

3. World War 1

4. World War 2

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#13nwtnsbstrdsonPosted 11/5/2012 8:33:54 AM
Viper114 posted...

1. Napoleon's saga

^This
---
#14gibby_1982Posted 11/5/2012 8:35:02 AM
Vikings would be incredible. It could still utilize naval gameplay as well as all the violent hand-to-hand combat. No shops, you would be required to sack towns and loot and plunder your supplies only, perhaps crafting with a blacksmith, but you would need to find the materials. Would also allow a lot of customization options in terms of weapons/armour and what materials they were made of. Juts my 2 though.
---
PSN: gibby_13
#15zook2231(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 8:36:57 AM
The guns back in Cival War were no longer flintlock for the most part accept for the U.S Military standard issue muskets, that were one shot muzzle loader just like in AC3. In the Cival War they were still mostly behind on hand guns; however, they had invented revolvers that were able to load like today. The best gun for easy loading was the Henry Rifle.
The Cival War would be great because you can still be stealthy especially since swords and knives were still used. Any kind of time period can have sneak around, just look at Hitman, Socom, and some others. To say Cival War time period would not be as good is wrong. Plus I think the story line going to keep moving forward in time, because they are trying to accomplish a goal that looks in over time until they get to present day. Maybe AC6 or 7 will be in present day or the future.
#16vinny_bPosted 11/5/2012 8:37:27 AM
#1 = French Revolution

alternate choice = Russian Revolution

_
#17JManGTPosted 11/5/2012 8:42:02 AM
Seriously why do people want a free roam naval game? That is the most BORING open world concept.
Hey guys we're sailing here, it's been 15 minutes! Oh hey look over there it's water.... And of you look to your right there's more water!!!! Omg look at what we're about to pass! More water!!!
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#18zook2231(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 8:49:49 AM
JManGT posted...
Seriously why do people want a free roam naval game? That is the most BORING open world concept.
Hey guys we're sailing here, it's been 15 minutes! Oh hey look over there it's water.... And of you look to your right there's more water!!!! Omg look at what we're about to pass! More water!!!

I agree I think that what these posters want goes off the topic of Assassins Creed games LOL. If there was a looting/Pirate game that would be like a whole different game.
#19bish0p2004Posted 11/5/2012 8:54:55 AM(edited)
EvilAbdy posted...
They could still do the Civil war actually. It wouldn't be to much different from this since the firearms were still flint lock I believe.

Still think the battle of Gettysburg would be awesome to see in an AC game

This is what I was thinking. I would love playing in the Civil War.
#20nwtnsbstrdsonPosted 11/5/2012 8:59:14 AM
I definitely do not was Assassins Creed Caribbean... I want Ubi's dev team to make a pirate sim.

Why can't they incorporate free-running and a good tool kit?

And sailing open water WOULD be boring... So cut it out, pick a heading and fast travel. If you've prepared and know the waters, than you arrive at your destination. Didn't do your homework? Maybe during the fast travel, it gets interrupted due to a storm, or an ambush... NOW you take control as the Captain and must survive.

Sorry if I think Pirates are cooler than ninjas or some other carp...

If it had to be another Assassins Creed, the Napoleonic Era would be great... What with his banishment and subsequent attempts at a return to power.
---