What time period for AC4?

#31paperbowser1Posted 11/5/2012 11:05:27 AM
nwtnsbstrdson posted...
paperbowser1 posted...
It was hinted in a conversation with Desmond and Shaun that the next one is going to predate Altair, and go back to the start of when human civilization first began.

That was before he... um, died.

Then I suspect Desmond will respect he wishes.
#32Nathan__DrakePosted 11/5/2012 11:19:04 AM
zook2231 posted...
I know this is a little too soon. But what time period do you want to see for Assassins Creed 4? If they have one. I for one want to see Cival War.
I know I am thinking ahead but everytime a new one comes out I get excited for the next one. I was hoping the third would be Revolutionary War and I got my wish!

No this game should end before it gets horribly repetitive. My journey ends with desmonds.
#33EvilAbdyPosted 11/5/2012 11:25:18 AM
bish0p2004 posted...
EvilAbdy posted...
They could still do the Civil war actually. It wouldn't be to much different from this since the firearms were still flint lock I believe.

Still think the battle of Gettysburg would be awesome to see in an AC game

This is what I was thinking. I would love playing in the Civil War.

Just imagine something like Pickett's charge. Or scaling Devil's Den and Big Round top in the middle of battles.

Man that could be AWESOME
---
Oh snap!
PSN: EvilAbdy
#34OmgitsMarioPosted 11/5/2012 12:02:42 PM
I'm pretty sure they said that Assassin's Creed is supposed to be a trilogy, so either that opinion has to change or this is the final main game in the series.
#35Yunthor_HnCPosted 11/5/2012 12:19:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they said that Assassin's Creed is supposed to be a trilogy, so either that opinion has to change or this is the final main game in the series.

Except this is the 5th game, more if you count the handhelds. If it's supposed to be a trilogy, they need to find a dictionary. They're nearly as bad about the 'trilogy' concept as GTA.
---
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal
#36Kamen_Rider_HPosted 11/5/2012 12:31:58 PM
Victorian-era England.

TOP HATS!!!
---
OUENDAN!!!
#37sortajanPosted 11/5/2012 12:37:44 PM
personally i think that:

1. they should get rid of the "simulate the past with the animus" thing and simply make the entire story about that game's assassin of choice. basically, not a VR sim.

2. instead of moving forward in time (or even around in the same time period connor exists in), move back in time. start at an earlier point.

remember, the only reason we played as Altair, Ezio, and Connor was because they were all Desmond's ancestors. he was playing them in order, and for very specific reasons. now that his story is wrapped up they can go wherever the hell they want.

here's an example: give us a sort of ezio character (big fleshed out story that covers most of his life, spans several games) in a different part of the world (idk, france? england? somewhere in asia?). there's absolutely no reason to move forward in time anymore. it's no longer required by the plot, and it's certainly not what people want.
#38SteelToothPosted 11/5/2012 12:49:00 PM(edited)
Are we talking true AC4 or ACIII's version of BH and Rev?

If we're talking the latter, I'd like to se a game featuring Achilles and learn how Haythem nearly wiped out the entire Colonial Assassin Brotherhood.

EDIT: If this is covered in AC3, disregard; I'm only on Sequence 5 thus far.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#39BromatoPosted 11/5/2012 1:01:02 PM
No. Just no. After the dismal ending of AC3, I sincerely hope Ubisoft retires Assassin's Creed for good!
#40heyitsthatguy11Posted 11/5/2012 1:04:30 PM
Bromato posted...
No. Just no. After the dismal ending of AC3, I sincerely hope Ubisoft retires Assassin's Creed for good!

And I sincerely hope you shut up! :)
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98