Best way to hunt.?

#11_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 6:39:31 PM
Madigari posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Granted they make you feel like a hunter and so on, that doesn't make them more useful than just shooting everything you see with a bow.

Knock yourself out. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that's the best way to either A) successfully catch and skin all creatures around you; or B) maximize your pelt yield.

Not to mention, even raising your bow makes foxes and deer freak out, one arrow isn't always enough to down a doe or a female elk, changes in terrain/other natural obstacles can block your shots, etc.

But, do whatever makes you happy. The point is this topic asked for the best way to hunt, I told her. Again, I'm in the top 50 worldwide for successful animal hunts. I think I can manage to pass along some pointers.

Funny that, I'm in the top 10%, but you don't see me throwing it around like it matters. The truth is that the bow/hidden blade is all you need to make loads of perfect kills with 0 effort or cost. Anything else is just fluff to feel like a badass hunter with.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#12MadigariPosted 11/5/2012 6:47:47 PM
_Dura_ posted...
Funny that, I'm in the top 10%, but you don't see me throwing it around like it matters. The truth is that the bow/hidden blade is all you need to make loads of perfect kills with 0 effort or cost. Anything else is just fluff to feel like a badass hunter with.

It doesn't matter in the sense of, "Oh, I'm a better person than you," or, "You are clearly beneath me." But it does in the sense that, yes, I think I've got a better handle on hunting than you do. I'm trying to pass along those points and you're trying to tell me I'm just wrong, or I'm trying to feel like a badass hunter?

Let's not even get into the point that I already told you hunt however you want, as I frankly don't care. But, again, don't even try and tell me that your method is the best way to hunt when I clearly know what I'm talking about when it comes to hunting in this game.

"Anything else is just fluff". Good christ, turn your GameFAQsian attitude problem elsewhere.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#13_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 6:51:26 PM
Madigari posted...
_Dura_ posted...

It doesn't matter in the sense of, "Oh, I'm a better person than you," or, "You are clearly beneath me." But it does in the sense that, yes, I think I've got a better handle on hunting than you do. I'm trying to pass along those points and you're trying to tell me I'm just wrong, or I'm trying to feel like a badass hunter?

Let's not even get into the point that I already told you hunt however you want, as I frankly don't care. But, again, don't even try and tell me that your method is the best way to hunt when I clearly know what I'm talking about when it comes to hunting in this game.

"Anything else is just fluff". Good christ, turn your GameFAQsian attitude problem elsewhere.

I'm sorry, but how does you being in the top 50% make you better at hunting than me if I'm in the top 10% for perfect animal kills? The person asked for the most efficient way to hunt, I told them the objective best way to do it. Save your subjective ideas for a different thread.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#14varunsethrocksPosted 11/5/2012 6:59:24 PM
I find it both fun and satisfying to hunt from the trees, whether its air assassinating the animals, or shooting them with a bow and arrow.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."
PSN: varunsethrocks (Add me for AC3 multiplayer)
#15MadigariPosted 11/5/2012 7:04:05 PM
_Dura_ posted...
I'm sorry, but how does you being in the top 50% make you better at hunting than me if I'm in the top 10% for perfect animal kills?

Tell me where you see a percentage sign, then we'll talk. Not 50%, top 50. As in, rank 25 for the moment. I'm scrolling down to rank 500 right now, but still no you. How much further do I have to go?

The person asked for the most efficient way to hunt, I told them the objective best way to do it. Save your subjective ideas for a different thread.

Really? I see "Best way to hunt.?". Where do you see "efficient"? And how exactly is that even close to efficient in the face of all the evidence I've brought up? The only thing you can do is try and dismiss it as "fluff designed to make you feel like a badass hunter."

And, again, I'm not even telling you to do it differently. The only reason I even addressed what you said is because it's -not- the best way to hunt. It's -a- way to hunt, but it's definitely not the best way to hunt, as it's not even maximizing your hunting yields.

No offense, but, again, please turn your attitude problem elsewhere. There is nothing objective about the way you're describing; you're just talking about the way you do it as though it's the only right one.
---
#16tizimin9Posted 11/5/2012 7:08:51 PM
The best way to hunt is using the Rope Dart. It's an instant kill against foxes and rabbits.

Against larger game, use the musket. It has long range and is always a one shot kill.

That is the best way to hunt.

Oh, and I'm in the top 5% for hunting, so I know what I'm talking about.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#17MadigariPosted 11/5/2012 7:10:11 PM
tizimin9 posted...
The best way to hunt is using the Rope Dart. It's an instant kill against foxes and rabbits.

Against larger game, use the musket. It has long range and is always a one shot kill.

That is the best way to hunt.

Oh, and I'm in the top 5% for hunting, so I know what I'm talking about.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/29448187.jpg
---
#18FireMage7777Posted 11/5/2012 7:15:49 PM
I just run around and stab whatever comes across my way, am in top 10%, and who cares? I have too many pelts and hunting is meh IMO
---
The official Valbanisher
#19tizimin9Posted 11/5/2012 7:17:42 PM
Madigari, I have seen you over in the RE6 board.

Glad to see you have good taste in games.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#20MadigariPosted 11/5/2012 7:20:24 PM
tizimin9 posted...
Madigari, I have seen you over in the RE6 board.

Glad to see you have good taste in games.

I don't, though. :[
---