Connor is very unlikeable/unrelatable - he needed a love interest

#11Ein_SophPosted 11/5/2012 11:01:04 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
I found Connor to be very likable.

Then again, it seems that this gen people don't like tragic characters in their games.

You're right, we don't. We like pimp-ass, charming/charismatic characters.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#12_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 11:01:38 PM
KillerSlaw posted...

Then again, it seems that this gen people don't like tragic characters in their games.

u wot m8? Look at how much people loved John Marston.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#13KillerSlawPosted 11/5/2012 11:06:23 PM
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...

Yeah, and look at how much people loved Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebbitz and Cole Phelps.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#14Omega_Zero_XPPosted 11/5/2012 11:07:23 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...

Yeah, and look at how much people loved Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebbitz and Cole Phelps.

Who?

And Cole Mcgrath. and Kratos.
---
America is the best country in the world but that's the equivalent of being the prettiest waitress at Denny's. - Lionheart Master
#15ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/5/2012 11:11:05 PM
Ein_Soph posted...
KillerSlaw posted...

You're right, we don't. We like pimp-ass, charming/charismatic characters.

Ezio being charming/charismatic makes sense for the setting they gave him. For Connor to be just as charming and charismatic simply wouldn't make sense.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#16_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 11:11:42 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...

I don't see your point. If we don't like all tragic characters, then we don't like any?

Can you blame anyone for not liking snorefest Niko and the boo hoo brigade?
---
#17Captain_Sexy_TPosted 11/5/2012 11:14:41 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...

All of those guys kick ass.
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
The fungus is among us
#18Zio_DynePosted 11/5/2012 11:19:02 PM
Ezio being charming/charismatic makes sense for the setting they gave him. For Connor to be just as charming and charismatic simply wouldn't make sense.

No, but it seemed equally peculiar for them to make him out to be such an ungrateful douche...
Naive I get; that's a staple of his character, but there were a lot of moments where he pushed way past his naive idealist routine and jumped straight to imbecilic and flat out wrong. He seriously sounded like a bratty little infant at times, and he never understood the situations he kept throwing himself into.
#19ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/5/2012 11:20:54 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...

No, but it seemed equally peculiar for them to make him out to be such an ungrateful douche...
Naive I get; that's a staple of his character, but there were a lot of moments where he pushed way past his naive idealist routine and jumped straight to imbecilic and flat out wrong. He seriously sounded like a bratty little infant at times, and he never understood the situations he kept throwing himself into.

None of those are examples of being un-charismatic or poorly written. Even Hitler was charismatic.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#20_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 11:22:15 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Zio_Dyne posted...

None of those are examples of being un-charismatic or poorly written. Even Hitler was charismatic.

But the topic is about him being unlikeable and unrelatable, poorly written or not.
---