Connor is very unlikeable/unrelatable - he needed a love interest

#21KillerSlawPosted 11/5/2012 10:23:13 PM
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...
I found Connor to be very likable.

Then again, it seems that this gen people don't like tragic characters in their games.

u wot m8? Look at how much people loved John Marston.

Yeah, and look at how much people loved Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebbitz and Cole Phelps.

I don't see your point. If we don't like all tragic characters, then we don't like any?

Can you blame anyone for not liking snorefest Niko and the boo hoo brigade?

The point was that these characters were from series that took a tragic tone, and people wouldn't shut up about how they didn't like it.

Don't worry, I can understand how someone who found Niko boring and calling the characters the "boo hoo brigade" wouldn't be able to understand that.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#22ConwaytwittyjrPosted 11/5/2012 10:25:19 PM
I like him. Be does what he wants right or wrong and he'll dice you up if you get in his way.
#23Damien94Posted 11/5/2012 10:25:22 PM
I guess I don't really understand the hate for Connor. I found him to be a quite likeable character. Just because he isn't James Bond doesn't mean he's unlikeable. As someone else mentioned, a suave, womanizing player just wouldn't make sense for a half-native American.

As it is, Connor is kind and polite when it's deserved, and ruthless and brutal when it calls for it. I think he makes for quite a nice character.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#24_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 10:26:42 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...
_Dura_ posted...
KillerSlaw posted...
I found Connor to be very likable.

Then again, it seems that this gen people don't like tragic characters in their games.

u wot m8? Look at how much people loved John Marston.

Yeah, and look at how much people loved Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebbitz and Cole Phelps.

I don't see your point. If we don't like all tragic characters, then we don't like any?

Can you blame anyone for not liking snorefest Niko and the boo hoo brigade?

The point was that these characters were from series that took a tragic tone, and people wouldn't shut up about how they didn't like it.

Don't worry, I can understand how someone who found Niko boring and calling the characters the "boo hoo brigade" wouldn't be able to understand that.

They're also all from Rockstar, a company from which people had grown accustomed to wacky fun. And people still like them anyway, so I don't see your point. Tragic characters do just fine. Look at Metal Gear, or Silent Hill to see that, and save your 2deep4u routine
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#25AzureVergilPosted 11/5/2012 10:29:53 PM
Connor has less personality than Altair... that's how boring he is.
#26KillerSlawPosted 11/5/2012 10:30:45 PM(edited)
They're also all from Rockstar, a company from which people had grown accustomed to wacky fun. And people still like them anyway, so I don't see your point. Tragic characters do just fine. Look at Metal Gear, or Silent Hill to see that, and save your 2deep4u routine

So your point is tragic characters do just fine...unless it's from Rockstar? Or only when it is from franchises that establish themselves as tragic from the start?

Or is it the fact that since some people liked them, the fact that a huge lot threw a tantrum about them doesn't mean anything?

And Metal Gear was tragic? Maybe MGS3, but Kojima has been trying his damn hardest to change that ever since...
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#27ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/5/2012 10:34:07 PM(edited)
The problem is that whether or not a character is charismatic or well-written steps into the realms of objectivity. Connor is a well-written character, there's very little (if anything) that points to otherwise.

Whether or not a character is easy to relate to or likable is a matter of opinion. If someone doesn't like tragic character, then that's their problem, but it has nothing to do with how good a character is from an objective point of view.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#28_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 10:32:13 PM
KillerSlaw posted...

So your point is tragic characters do just fine...unless it's from Rockstar? Or only when it is from franchises that establish themselves as tragic from the start?

Or is it the fact that since some people liked them, the fact that a huge lot threw a tantrum about them doesn't mean anything?

And Metal Gear was tragic? Maybe MGS3, but Kojima has been trying his damn hardest to change that ever since...

My point is that people like tragic characters just fine. All the examples you listed that people "don't like" (they do) is because of vocal fans of the company's more wacky games. Connor is unlikeable for entirely different reasons.
---
#29Damien94Posted 11/5/2012 10:34:03 PM
_Dura_ posted...
Connor is unlikeable for entirely different reasons.

Which are?
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#30_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 10:38:52 PM
Damien94 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Connor is unlikeable for entirely different reasons.

Which are?

He's childish, often rude to people who don't deserve it, claims to only do what's right despite often not, even going so far as to kill an innocent in cold blood, really knows nothing about the Assassins, and is quite dim.
---