Connor is very unlikeable/unrelatable - he needed a love interest

#31Damien94Posted 11/5/2012 10:45:40 PM
_Dura_ posted...

He's childish, often rude to people who don't deserve it, claims to only do what's right despite often not, even going so far as to kill an innocent in cold blood, really knows nothing about the Assassins, and is quite dim.

What game are you playing? o.O

The only time he's childish is near the beginning when he's a child. As an adult he is sometimes a bit bull-headed when it comes to the Templars who burned his village, but he's actually quite mature and polite to other people.

I don't remember any points where he's rude to someone who didn't deserve it. In fact, he's the opposite. He's often quite polite to people.

You're going to have to give an example of him going against "what's right". I don't recall him being hypocritical.

Knows nothing about the Assassins? Did you skip the parts where he talked about spending months learning about the Assassins? How "for every piece of physical training, there were 2 mental".

He's not stupid by any definition of the word. If anything, he learns incredibly fast.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#32xxcheexxPosted 11/5/2012 11:33:25 PM
I don't think he's unlikeable but imo he lacks charm like how Ezio has a way with words. But then again I suppose that could be how his character is written.
---
psn id: wicked_being
Dragon's Dogma pawn: Thane (Warrior)
#33GreyfeldPosted 11/5/2012 11:44:59 PM
I think most people are mislabeling the problem with Connor. He doesn't need to be charming or suave to be a good character, and having a side that's naive, childish, or rude doesn't necessarily make him a bad character.

The problem is that he never GROWS as a character.

He's just as bitter, angry and standoffish at the end of the game as he is at the beginning of the game. There are a handful of situations in which he shows emotion, but Connor never gives the impression that he's actually growing and changing as a character. He's ultimately a vessel to tell the story, and doesn't change or grow up at all as the game progresses. He's very 2-dimensional, a classic "hero" in the sense that he's the tool by which the story delivers its message, rather than a living person that happens to go through trials and comes out the other side, different for the experience.
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa
#34_Dura_Posted 11/5/2012 11:54:09 PM
Damien94 posted...
_Dura_ posted...

He's childish, often rude to people who don't deserve it, claims to only do what's right despite often not, even going so far as to kill an innocent in cold blood, really knows nothing about the Assassins, and is quite dim.

What game are you playing? o.O

The only time he's childish is near the beginning when he's a child. As an adult he is sometimes a bit bull-headed when it comes to the Templars who burned his village, but he's actually quite mature and polite to other people.

I don't remember any points where he's rude to someone who didn't deserve it. In fact, he's the opposite. He's often quite polite to people.

You're going to have to give an example of him going against "what's right". I don't recall him being hypocritical.

Knows nothing about the Assassins? Did you skip the parts where he talked about spending months learning about the Assassins? How "for every piece of physical training, there were 2 mental".

He's not stupid by any definition of the word. If anything, he learns incredibly fast.

Not childish?

"GRR I'M MAD AT YOU FOR KILLING MY MOM"
"But it was Washington..."
"I DON'T CARE GRR GRR GRR"

Give me a break, even Altair was questioning Al Mualim, despite being indoctrinated since the day he was born. And as far as going against what's right, my favorite example is still him murdering an innocent in cold blood over a piece of Kidd's Map.

He's one dimensional too, all he cares about is "HURR TEMPLERS"

And he's rude as hell, even FRESH out of Achille's training, on his way out of meeting with Sam Adams he walked right in to that guy with the crate and didn't even give him a second look, and it only gets worse from there.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#35alexponentialPosted 11/6/2012 12:14:59 AM
Ugh no love interest. Every single work of popular fiction always HAS to create a love interest. Almost every mainstream song out there is in one way or another about relationships, love, etc. He doesn't need a love interest. Also, he seemed less unlikeable and more ignorant to me. But, being ignorant makes sense since he literally lived in the forest his whole life.
#36Dual ZeroPosted 11/6/2012 12:18:16 AM
The scene where Connor meets and speaks with Paul Revere, where Ubisoft trys to make it a comical/humorous scene, ends up making Connor look like a huge douche.

Connor, imo, is completely unlikeable. The only places where he's tolerable are when he interacts with his Homestead family (other than Achilles).
---
In Memory of JT18
PSN: DrakeFZX3
#37MMaestroPosted 11/6/2012 12:24:45 AM
lexussss posted...
I found it very hard to relate to this character regarding his actions/viewpoints and decisions.

Yeah, I find it very hard to relate to someone who had their family killed as a child, their home burned down to the ground as a child and grew up surrounded by racial prejudice.

You people have no sense of context whatsoever.
#38Keebs05Posted 11/6/2012 12:26:20 AM
I actually find him completely relatable. If the British beat me and killed my mother, I'd be obsessed with revenge as well. I probably wouldn't have a whole lot of tolerance for other people either.
---
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" R.I.P PFC Dusty Seidel
#39WISHAMFWULDPosted 11/6/2012 12:27:14 AM
He was too focused on "revenge" for *****... besides she would've gotten in the way anyways, or got murdered by his father after he had his way with her...
#40Reaper_ExEPosted 11/6/2012 12:40:04 AM
JManGT posted...
Ezio proved such a thing is completely meaningless.
Tc probably just wanted a sex scene

Caterina Sforza *giggity giggity giggity*
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85