Connor is very unlikeable/unrelatable - he needed a love interest

#51Dragoon of InfinityPosted 11/6/2012 3:33:38 AM
The scene where Connor meets and speaks with Paul Revere, where Ubisoft trys to make it a comical/humorous scene, ends up making Connor look like a huge douche.

Connor, imo, is completely unlikeable. The only places where he's tolerable are when he interacts with his Homestead family (other than Achilles).

I actually appreciated the fact that Connor was really frosty towards Revere and company, because up to that point, most of the colonials that he had worked with came across as largely self serving, just as bad as the Templars in their own way. Connor doesn't exactly like them, but working with them is the best way to accomplish his goals. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It made sense.
---
Praise the sun!
#52Dual ZeroPosted 11/6/2012 3:36:05 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
lexussss posted...
I don't care for a sex scene, I'm just saying he's too much of a one dimensional character. Look at any other strong story driven large scale game... People care about Snake, Shepard, Nathan Drake etc because they are not one dimensional!

Spoiler Below****

He is obsessed with his "ideas" to the point that he kills his best friend.

People care about Drake? I can honestly say I've never encountered someone who played an Uncharted and actually liked Drake..

Really? There's plenty of people that love Drake and the rest of the cast. The entire cast is the strongest part of the Uncharted series.
---
In Memory of JT18
PSN: DrakeFZX3
#53teddifiedPosted 11/6/2012 6:03:32 AM
Honestly I think he really developed at the end and finally matured in the Epilogue. But since we kinda had to go though his revenge/justice filled childhood we didn't get to see him with too much levity like Ezio had.

Connor really only relaxed at the homestead it seemed but if there is another game he might have a brotherhood level of maturity he just wouldn't have the charm/flirting since that's not in character.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#54LaKost117Posted 11/6/2012 6:33:27 AM
@Dura.....The only scene I remember him knocking a crate out of someones hands and not caring is the Boston Tea Party. After meeting with Sam Adams he is supposed to knock crates out of their hands. Heck, that is the objective of the next part of the quest. If that is not the scene well then.....I havent seen the scene yet.
#55PSWii63Posted 11/6/2012 7:02:24 AM
_Dura_ posted...
Keebs05 posted...
I actually find him completely relatable. If the British beat me and killed my mother, I'd be obsessed with revenge as well. I probably wouldn't have a whole lot of tolerance for other people either.

The British didn't do either of those things.

George Washington was British. Pay attention to history
#56_Dura_Posted 11/6/2012 7:10:28 AM
PSWii63 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Keebs05 posted...
I actually find him completely relatable. If the British beat me and killed my mother, I'd be obsessed with revenge as well. I probably wouldn't have a whole lot of tolerance for other people either.

The British didn't do either of those things.

George Washington was British. Pay attention to history

I... Well...

You got me there, but you know what I mean.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#57LockonPosted 11/6/2012 8:19:52 AM
Guys there will be 2 more connor games..Watch.
---
R3D.
#58kimarousPosted 11/6/2012 9:30:54 AM
The scene where Connor meets and speaks with Paul Revere, where Ubisoft trys to make it a comical/humorous scene, ends up making Connor look like a huge douche.

Connor, imo, is completely unlikeable. The only places where he's tolerable are when he interacts with his Homestead family (other than Achilles).

Okay, I concede that Connor has his haughty and holier-than-thou moments, but... really? THAT'S the scene that makes him douchey? They're the ones dragging HIM into THEIR war despite him wanted to focus on his own objectives. They continually treat him like "one of the boys" and expect him to help out despite being independent of the Colonial cause. I think Connor is a bit justified over acting chilly to such people. Also, he clearly hates being touched, something Paul either failed to notice or completely ignored.
#59yaboyPosted 11/6/2012 10:11:26 AM
I didn't read any of the topic, just wanted to thank TC for telling me there wouldn't be a love interest. Right there on the topic list.
---
:::M::: :::o::: :::F::: :::a::: :::T:::
#60DokiWakuPosted 11/6/2012 12:35:22 PM
There was certainly a lot of "YOU DIDNT HAVE TO KILL HIM" followed by completely vanilla assassination missions with no reasoning given at all. Seemed very disingenuous.

The other problem is, Connor isn't Ezio. Ezio had go so much play from the ladies, it stole mojo from his distant ancestors.