Help with some of the challenges

#1ka243Posted 11/6/2012 6:16:13 AM
Wondering if some of you can help with a few of the challenges I'm struggling with :

Liberation of new york north - I can't find the last farmer to defend despite combing over every inch of new york north for several hours....

Frontiersmen-
Listen to washington's conversations. How do you do this? I'm on sequence 9 at the moment.
Discover the location of every trading post: What do they even look like and how do you trigger these? I've gotten all the feathers in the frontier and didn't see a single one...

Theif's club 2 : Lure away a guard dog using bait. I've already opened most (if not all) the treasure chests... Are there any guard dogs left once the chests are open?

Brawlers : kill 5 enemies affected by a smoke bomb in 10 seconds: I've used tons of smoke bombs but this has never popped for some reason. Any tips on the best way to do it?
Beat the sailor : I can't beat this guy for some reason. Any tips? I don't seem to be able to block any of his attacks unlike the other basic dudes so he trashes me every time.

Thanks
#2Newts_UtePosted 11/6/2012 6:29:34 AM
Frontiersmen: I spoke to Washington twice in sequence 9, then once post game. Not sure if you can do it before then but he will be in NY

Thieves: Sorry I don't know about this one

Brawlers: You need to kill 5 in a single smoke bomb. Just find a troop marching along, run up behind them. Smoke and start stabbing. I got it first go so it can't be too difficult.

Sailor: If its the guy I'm thinking of, you need to counter him near a breakable object. He will always stop you countering unless there is a barrel or scaffold or something beside you in which case you'll toss him into it. If you go to your logbook on the map menu it will actually give you a hint on how to defeat whoever it is.
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#3Newts_UtePosted 11/6/2012 6:36:22 AM(edited)
Derp, missed your other one. There are 3 trading posts in the Frontier. I'll take a pic of my world map and edit it in here so you know where to find them

http://i.imgur.com/OcoUY.jpg
So yeah bad pic but its the best I can do. One in the middle (Concord), one in the south near the harbour master (Monmouth), and one in the east (Lexington)
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#4Wanderer1313Posted 11/6/2012 6:48:43 AM
ka243 posted...
Wondering if some of you can help with a few of the challenges I'm struggling with :

Liberation of new york north - I can't find the last farmer to defend despite combing over every inch of new york north for several hours....

Frontiersmen-
Listen to washington's conversations. How do you do this? I'm on sequence 9 at the moment.
Discover the location of every trading post: What do they even look like and how do you trigger these? I've gotten all the feathers in the frontier and didn't see a single one...

Theif's club 2 : Lure away a guard dog using bait. I've already opened most (if not all) the treasure chests... Are there any guard dogs left once the chests are open?

Brawlers : kill 5 enemies affected by a smoke bomb in 10 seconds: I've used tons of smoke bombs but this has never popped for some reason. Any tips on the best way to do it?
Beat the sailor : I can't beat this guy for some reason. Any tips? I don't seem to be able to block any of his attacks unlike the other basic dudes so he trashes me every time.

Thanks

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Coureur_des_Bois That's got all of the general shop/trading post locations. Sell an undamaged pelt at each while you're at it. :)

The sailor is exactly as the other guy said. Stand right near a barrel or table in that area then counter and Connor will automatically tool him appropriately. Rinse and repeat.

Same thing for the 5 kills in 10 seconds, which is much easier than AC:B's version of this challenge, just keep at it on those 5-6 group of patrols, use your hidden blade and smoke bomb them while out of open conflict to ensure quick assassinations.

As for guard dogs I just did that one. Now I don't know if I was lucky but in Lexington near the trading post/quick travel area for it I found one. Interestingly enough you don't HAVE to go to a different guard dog each time so what I did is get that dog to notice me. Lure it out to the bush a ways then run until it disengaged from me and started walking back to down. Snuck into some bush and threw out some bait. Make sure you've got the full amount of bait on you just in case. You can also throw some bait down in the path you want to lure him and try to disengage him quickly enough so on his way back he catches it. Do that 3 times and you're gold.
---
Karmic Dragon2003 - Since when is a customer in a position to decide how a game should be played? (Had to omit the rest. D=)
#5ka243(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 6:59:22 AM
Thanks for that video with the trading post and the other tips. Very helpful! Nobody responded to the question about the farmer locations in new york north yet. Is there a map of these locations? Can't find the last one for the life of me (the quest is called "defend a farmer while he's harvesting"). Thanks again!
#6Wanderer1313Posted 11/6/2012 7:10:00 AM
ka243 posted...
Thanks for that video with the trading post and the other tips. Very helpful! Nobody responded to the question about the farmer locations in new york north yet. Is there a map of these locations? Can't find the last one for the life of me (the quest is called "defend a farmer while he's harvesting"). Thanks again!

I totally skimmed over that one, sorry. Honestly I can't really help much with the farmer. I basically did what you did: Tenaciously scanned the area until I got it.

http://youtu.be/oEkPU9FLebc

This may help though you'll have to scan through the video to find the farmer missions. Best of luck!
---
Karmic Dragon2003 - Since when is a customer in a position to decide how a game should be played? (Had to omit the rest. D=)
#7a76653Posted 11/6/2012 9:24:44 PM
ka243 posted...

Actually... if you sync with eagle vision at every location, it will show all the liberation missions. But I'm guessing the one you're missing is east of the northern district. Close to fort.

If not, the other two are infront of King's college, which is on the border of east and north district. One is directly infront, and the other a little to the NE side.

Hope this helps