The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Poison darts...

#1olafpkyouPosted 11/6/2012 7:54:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being able to use poison in the previous games and remain undetected. In AC3 as soon as the npc I poisoned starts convulsing, all the guards insta-spot me. WTH is this crap? Doing something wrong?
---
PSN - Olaf
#2DarkChii200Posted 11/6/2012 7:57:23 AM
same thing with doing this with the guard dogs protecting the chests in new york, i hit the dog with the dart from cover and they still spot me.
---
Psn: DarkChii
(Don't send me a FR unless i tell you to!!!!!)
#3GyrigoPosted 11/6/2012 7:58:38 AM
I've walked through a crowd of guards poisoning one in melee and they've not known.

It's hard to know without seeing what is happening why they are detecting you.
#4Klop_JobPosted 11/6/2012 7:59:22 AM
To be honest are they really that useful?
#5olafpkyou(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 8:12:41 AM(edited)
To me they are useful. I loved using them as a distraction.

Heres an example - I'll be on a roof across the road and thow a dart. Then, dangle off the opposite ledge, so there would be no way they can see me. Yet they all still come running right for me, once the poisoned guard starts flailing about.

This and not being able to jump off walls in a different direction while running up them, are two things that REALLY, REALLY bug me.
---
PSN - Olaf
#6XehoPosted 11/6/2012 10:21:23 AM
I read yall on that, I'm surprised they didn't keep the hidden gun & dart gun, I know that they modified the main hidden blade, but I don't see why they wouldn't keep the hidden gun that oddly enough, didn't need powder to be put in every time to fire.

Same with the Dart gun being gone to. For Connor to be Superior to guards he sure does get spotted easily for doing stuff that we used to do as Ezio & never got spotted.

I guess the guards have super vision & eyes on the back of their heads, but I have dealt with some dumb as a nail, completely oblivious to me hanging the guard next to them on a sign or a post.
#7GreyfeldPosted 11/6/2012 10:40:14 AM
I think this goes under "bugged guard behavior." Much like the guards that have lost sight of you, yet still continue to track your movements and won't go back to patrolling.
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa
#8CaterwaulPosted 11/6/2012 10:50:55 AM
olafpkyou posted...

This and not being able to jump off walls in a different direction while running up them, are two things that REALLY, REALLY bug me.

I can do this just fine. R1+X for kicking off a wall, analog stick+X to change directions.
#9xxcheexxPosted 11/6/2012 11:43:17 AM
Well that's weird I've never had that problem with the poison darts. I throw the darts and the guards just go over the convulsing guard and be like "oh he's dead what happened?' then goes on their merry way (and this is me just being partially hidden by the sloped roof or a chimney).
---
psn id: wicked_being
Dragon's Dogma pawn: Thane (Warrior)
#10Maximum OverdrivePosted 11/6/2012 11:46:37 AM
DarkChii200 posted...
same thing with doing this with the guard dogs protecting the chests in new york, i hit the dog with the dart from cover and they still spot me.

Weird, I just walk up to the chests while the dog is barkng at me and the guards a few feet away don't even bat an eye, lol.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL