The game was rushed. (some proof inside)

#1Jarret_KennedyPosted 11/6/2012 10:39:29 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/05/rush-job-why-assassin-39-s-creed-iii-sets-a-bad-precedent-for-the-annualized-series.aspx

We cannot keep supporting sub par games JUST because they are big names. We're making it ok to quickly produce games for easy profit. This game is horribly unpolished, and the story feels extremely rushed and somewhat oddly paced.
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/6/2012 10:46:07 PM
Ok so...the game was rushed because some guy who had unrealistically high expectations for it says it is? And a few glitches, which are present in pretty much every game that comes out, rushed or not, says the same?

No, I don't see anything but some zit faced teenager complaining that the game wasn't as uber awesome as he thought it was going to be, and isn't 100% glitch free, which NO game is nor has ever been.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3OhhSnapPosted 11/6/2012 10:48:37 PM(edited)
Jarret_Kennedy posted...
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/05/rush-job-why-assassin-39-s-creed-iii-sets-a-bad-precedent-for-the-annualized-series.aspx

We cannot keep supporting sub par games JUST because they are big names. We're making it ok to quickly produce games for easy profit. This game is horribly unpolished, and the story feels extremely rushed and somewhat oddly paced.

Like I said in the other thread; and like other people have posted on the comments of that link. There are many people who haven't at all experienced any of these problems. Many people like me enjoy the game and even those who experience some form of bugs enjoy the game.
Nothing you say really can change peoples' opinions on the game especially when those people haven't experienced these bugs.

You people are basing things off your own experience and you think what you experience is what EVERYONE experiences. You're completely wrong there. I appreciate the game, and the series, and bugs or not; nothing you hypocrites say will change my mind or anybody elses. So learn to be mature about the problems you encounter and try not to attempt to ruin the experience for everybody else just cause it's ruined for you.

There is no purpose of this thread, and there is no relevance in anything you say. So just quit making yourself look stupid. Or I can be honest and tell you that I enjoy "debating" with people like you because I'm not the smartest individual and people like you make me feel very smart.
#4KillerSlawPosted 11/6/2012 10:50:56 PM(edited)
While I enjoy the game, I do agree that everything seems unpolished and the story just seems to be missing points (especially near the end).

I didn't even realize Achilles had died until after I beat the game. I thought he was GOING to die, but the scene where he dies it just seemed like he went to sleep. I also feel that Connor comes to a realization at the end that he has to kill Charles Lee because of his role as an Assassin and not out of simple revenge. Instead it comes off that he kills Charles Lee because he attacked his village, even though we actually learn that was Washington. It makes it seem like there was no character growth when there easily could have been.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#5MoooglemanPosted 11/6/2012 11:47:58 PM
I thought it was really well done but I do think another month or two just to polish it up would have been good. Ubisoft said though years ago no matter what AC3 would be out before the Apocalypse in 2012. When is it 12/12/12? or something. When the Mayan calendar runs out what Nostradamus predicted. Since the game deals with said apocalypse the solar flares and first civ is their explanation. However due to that theyd have it out by then no matter what. They did if it came out next year then the game would have taken place in the past rather than the near future and that isn't what they were going for. Bottom line I think gamers would have preferred a few months for a more polished game than a finished game, yes, but barely. That being said I put it right next to ac2 and have no doubt in my mind if they took another 6 months I would place it above ac2.
#6_Dura_Posted 11/6/2012 11:49:33 PM
It does feel extremely unpolished, which is bizarre for a game that allegedly had a 3 year dev cycle.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#7z3r0d0wnPosted 11/6/2012 11:51:43 PM
la noire was rushed
#8helvinek83Posted 11/7/2012 12:01:46 AM
Okay but ACIII has arguably the largest open world setting on XBOX & PS3 to date. The ACIII game world is definitely bigger than Dragon's Dogma which is a massive game world. I have covered 75% of the map in DD but only around 40% in ACIII in nearly the same amount of time.

Let's consider that ACIII has like the biggest game world ever and also if you could name one triple AAA game that's better than ACIII that has a bigger game world AND runs better with fewer or no glitches then I will listen otherwise ACIII stands as the masterpiece that it is.
#9_Dura_Posted 11/7/2012 12:03:21 AM
helvinek83 posted...
Okay but ACIII has arguably the largest open world setting on XBOX & PS3 to date. The ACIII game world is definitely bigger than Dragon's Dogma which is a massive game world. I have covered 75% of the map in DD but only around 40% in ACIII in nearly the same amount of time.

Let's consider that ACIII has like the biggest game world ever and also if you could name one triple AAA game that's better than ACIII that has a bigger game world AND runs better with fewer or no glitches then I will listen otherwise ACIII stands as the masterpiece that it is.

Red Dead Redemption
Just Cause 2
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#10BillysanPosted 11/7/2012 12:05:35 AM
helvinek83 posted...

No way this is bigger than Red Dead Redemption or Just Cause 2. It makes more use of it's space than either though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman