The game was rushed. (some proof inside)

#11xTapelaxPosted 11/6/2012 11:18:03 PM(edited)
Game is incredibly rushed, there are entire segments missing maybe sold as DLC or just cut out from the trailer and some E3 demos. Honestly here are just SOME of the things I noticed and these arent the common bugs everyone is experiencing.

*Spoilers Below*

-

-

1) The story is incredibly fragmented and disjointed
2) Unpolished and terribly implemented systems and menu systems.
3) After the epilogue when you go to newyork and frontier there are segments which activate cutscenes showing the british being thrown out and the native americans leaving. In the native american one, your model changes to a very wizened older looking Connor, worse yet, he's inquiring about where they went when he had already known they left earlier in the game before killing lee even.
4) Missing viewpoints causing confusion during liberate missions.
5) Missing content, what happened to all those 100 man battles connor would have to run through? Instead we got a cannonball segment and a horseback fire squad segment.
6) Animations not working properly in cutscenes, mouths not being synced or in alot of cases just not moving at all.

This isnt even covering the holster bug, or the ring bug which has infinite notice spam and replaces your guns with pitcairns pistol every load, the shoddy frame rate etc.
#12Uber-WontonPosted 11/6/2012 11:36:32 PM
Game is incredibly rushed, there are entire segments missing maybe sold as DLC or just cut out from the trailer and some E3 demos. Honestly here are just SOME of the things I noticed and these arent the common bugs everyone is experiencing.

*Spoilers Below*

-

-

1) The story is incredibly fragmented and disjointed
2) Unpolished and terribly implemented systems and menu systems.
3) After the epilogue when you go to newyork and frontier there are segments which activate cutscenes showing the british being thrown out and the native americans leaving. In the native american one, your model changes to a very wizened older looking Connor, worse yet, he's inquiring about where they went when he had already known they left earlier in the game before killing lee even.
4) Missing viewpoints causing confusion during liberate missions.
5) Missing content, what happened to all those 100 man battles connor would have to run through? Instead we got a cannonball segment and a horseback fire squad segment.
6) Animations not working properly in cutscenes, mouths not being synced or in alot of cases just not moving at all.

This isnt even covering the holster bug, or the ring bug which has infinite notice spam and replaces your guns with pitcairns pistol every load, the shoddy frame rate etc.

Having entirely finished the game FYI.
Bugs are undeniably present, and testing was definitely rushed, but that doesn't mean the whole game is.
1) Story is subjective, I think so far it is amazing and the first half is supposed to be the worse half, but that's my opinion. The story would have been created earliest, after deciding on the era/location so if anything, it would be the last thing in the game to be rushed.
2) Menu systems are irrelevant to how 'rushed' a game is, most likely a poor design decision
3) Haven't finished, so can't comment
4) You mean you can't synchronize or something even if it has an icon?
5) It's not rushed if they took out a segment they already developed lol
6)I've seen this happen once, amusing, but again, it's just another bug, testing is not the only part of the game design

Crappy framerate is due to the current gen's limitations, that also goes for the horrible LOD textures. There's so much packed onto the screen that the console has trouble rendering, it's not the games fault
#13DaRk MaGe2004Posted 11/6/2012 11:48:29 PM
KillerSlaw posted...
While I enjoy the game, I do agree that everything seems unpolished and the story just seems to be missing points (especially near the end).

I didn't even realize Achilles had died until after I beat the game. I thought he was GOING to die, but the scene where he dies it just seemed like he went to sleep. I also feel that Connor comes to a realization at the end that he has to kill Charles Lee because of his role as an Assassin and not out of simple revenge. Instead it comes off that he kills Charles Lee because he attacked his village, even though we actually learn that was Washington. It makes it seem like there was no character growth when there easily could have been.

You apparently skipped that homestead mission. Because I think its incredibly obvious....and it was one of the saddest scenes in the game.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
#14DevilMayCryX666Posted 11/6/2012 11:52:00 PM
the game testers were probably beavers
---
blackops 2 is (umming........on ur mum.
PSN:DevilMayCryX666, Youtube account: xKidGokux
#15rcrooksPosted 11/6/2012 11:57:46 PM
It sold a crapload of copies, it doesnt need to be good. Making good games died a long time ago. Now its about making good $.
#16ajmrowlandPosted 11/7/2012 12:14:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17_Dura_Posted 11/7/2012 12:15:46 AM
ajmrowland posted...
Lowering expectations will always make for a more enjoyable experience.

Jesus Christ, what horrifying times we live in.

And you can't blame others for being hyped when Ubisoft directly promised things that plain aren't in the game.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#18ajmrowlandPosted 11/7/2012 12:16:20 AM
Mooogleman posted...
I thought it was really well done but I do think another month or two just to polish it up would have been good. Ubisoft said though years ago no matter what AC3 would be out before the Apocalypse in 2012. When is it 12/12/12? or something. When the Mayan calendar runs out what Nostradamus predicted. Since the game deals with said apocalypse the solar flares and first civ is their explanation. However due to that theyd have it out by then no matter what. They did if it came out next year then the game would have taken place in the past rather than the near future and that isn't what they were going for. Bottom line I think gamers would have preferred a few months for a more polished game than a finished game, yes, but barely. That being said I put it right next to ac2 and have no doubt in my mind if they took another 6 months I would place it above ac2.

The foretold Apocalypse is Dec. 21st
#19ajmrowlandPosted 11/7/2012 12:24:50 AM
_Dura_ posted...
ajmrowland posted...
Lowering expectations will always make for a more enjoyable experience.

Jesus Christ, what horrifying times we live in.

And you can't blame others for being hyped when Ubisoft directly promised things that plain aren't in the game.

But am I wrong? I'm not a cynical person. I dont go doom and gloom with every thought I have, but I simply dont let every imperfection or perceived imperfection hinder my enjoyment. That's all I'm saying. No game is the most awesome game ever-not to everyone anyway-and that will always be the case.

I really liked the game. About up their with AC2. anyway, gotta gofinish the epilogue.
#20darthsniderPosted 11/7/2012 12:28:35 AM
Play Liberations and say this game was rushed. lol
AC3 proper is so, so, so much better in pretty much every way. The "it's on a handheld" excuse doesn't fly this time.
---
[PHI] Darth_Snider - http://prohicimmortalis.com/forum
The backlog: http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=darthsnider