not worth $60? what do you guys think?

#1jasomramirez666Posted 11/7/2012 1:30:05 AM
Its definitely a great game but its the same things over and over again. It feels like the developers nowadays just follow the CoD mentality, if it ain't broken - don't fix it. It has nothing new to offer, just the story really.

What do you guys think?
#2MadigariPosted 11/7/2012 1:31:21 AM
Except there was one thing that wasn't broken that they fixed: freerunning.

Granted, it was probably necessary for moving through the trees fluidly, but I definitely miss having the ability to jog without climbing all over things if I brush up against something.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#3ajmrowlandPosted 11/7/2012 1:32:51 AM
I wouldnt say it's the same over and over again. They certainly changed a lot.

IMO, no game these days is worth $60. Too much DLC to pay for. Wait until it's cheaper or find a used copy for $30(online best bet) then purchase the Season Pass if you want.
#4DaRk MaGe2004Posted 11/7/2012 1:34:57 AM
I dunno....All game are expensive....but I for one buy games for their story. Not the gimmicks.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
#5Newts_UtePosted 11/7/2012 1:42:26 AM
I got the join or die edition (AU$110) and personally think it was worth every cent.
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#6DamarasPosted 11/7/2012 1:50:12 AM
Yes, they're worth the 60 bucks. People saying it isn't, clearly do not understand the prices for a game. The CD's, the casing, the development itself + the fact the company has to pay salary with what they get.

Stuff like that. if you make them really cheap, they simply won't earn money.
#7NogahamPosted 11/7/2012 2:02:42 AM
I think 60 bucks is a lot of money for a game. I do not buy many games on release day because of that. But sometimes I make an exception and pay the extra money. In the case of AC3 I have not been disappointed.

I also think that it is most definitely not just the same. This game does have enough improvements to feel different, also the setting is completely different from what we had before. It is far too early to be comparing the AC series to CoD yet.
#8ajmrowlandPosted 11/7/2012 2:08:18 AM
Damaras posted...
Yes, they're worth the 60 bucks. People saying it isn't, clearly do not understand the prices for a game. The CD's, the casing, the development itself + the fact the company has to pay salary with what they get.

Stuff like that. if you make them really cheap, they simply won't earn money.

I still understand that-usually I'm the one saying it-but with every material on earth as expensive as it is and the middle class making as little as it does, especially for someone around college age, it's very expensive. I dont like paying $90 for a game that doesnt feel more substantial than formerly $50 games of yesteryear.
#9PrinceVege101Posted 11/7/2012 2:16:08 AM
What it lacks in some areas is makes up in others. Though who ever decided to gloss over the Creed deserves to be fired or some such.

That's probably my biggest disappointment with the game, Connor isn't an assassin - just a warrior with the robes.
---
Andraste's dimpled butt cheeks!
#10TrizayPosted 11/7/2012 2:25:39 AM
Doesn't feel like an AC game to me. A few things I dislike:
Rooftops are pretty much useless
They don't really introduce the tools that you can use in the game
Lack of outfits
Viewpoints don't reveal the entire map

And a few other things as well. I don't know...it just doesn't feel like AC to me.