not worth $60? what do you guys think?

#21jaggstaPosted 11/7/2012 8:39:02 AM
its worth renting for 5 days its what i did.
#22curious_deadPosted 11/7/2012 8:58:08 AM
I donít mind paying 60$ for great games, and IMO, every AC game so far has been worth it. Unlike CoD (since someone mentioned it), the story is actually a huge part of the game, not an afterthought, so even if the gameplay is similar, the game doesnít feel like it too much, since you move forward.

However, I hate paying 60$ for a game that, while it might be entertaining, isnít on par with AAA games Ė whether because of dated graphics, bad presentation or just lack of value. There are definitely games that do not deserve 60$, but I feel AC is not one of them.
#23yenmaster1Posted 11/7/2012 9:19:05 AM
Trizay posted...
Doesn't feel like an AC game to me. A few things I dislike:
Rooftops are pretty much useless
They don't really introduce the tools that you can use in the game
Lack of outfits
Viewpoints don't reveal the entire map

And a few other things as well. I don't know...it just doesn't feel like AC to me.

I agree about the part of introducing the new tools. I don't think id know how to use that hookline/hanging thing if I didn't see a gameplay video before release.

Also, recruiting assassins gets confusing. There are Liberation Missions (usually 3 of the same ones) and Liberation Contracts. Speaking to the Contracts, the NPC tells you something like "you stll have work to do". I finally complete the 3 related Missions, then the Contract icon disappears from the map.

Its still a fun game and I usually hate paying $60 for games when I can wait a few months for price drop, but have no regrets with paying full price and the Season Pass for AC3.
#24ConwaytwittyjrPosted 11/7/2012 10:31:23 AM
Well I only paid $24 and some change...I traded in saints row 3 and some of my old 360 games..well worth it.
#25DamarasPosted 11/7/2012 10:42:45 AM
yenmaster1 posted...
Trizay posted...
Doesn't feel like an AC game to me. A few things I dislike:
Rooftops are pretty much useless
They don't really introduce the tools that you can use in the game
Lack of outfits
Viewpoints don't reveal the entire map

And a few other things as well. I don't know...it just doesn't feel like AC to me.

I agree about the part of introducing the new tools. I don't think id know how to use that hookline/hanging thing if I didn't see a gameplay video before release.

Also, recruiting assassins gets confusing. There are Liberation Missions (usually 3 of the same ones) and Liberation Contracts. Speaking to the Contracts, the NPC tells you something like "you stll have work to do". I finally complete the 3 related Missions, then the Contract icon disappears from the map.

Its still a fun game and I usually hate paying $60 for games when I can wait a few months for price drop, but have no regrets with paying full price and the Season Pass for AC3.

They did explain how to use it in a tutorial if you selected it... They did with me anyway.
#26Nar_GarzhvogPosted 11/7/2012 10:44:53 AM
Worth every penny.
---
PSN: arborkoa18
Official Urgal of the ACIII boards
#27darkestmercPosted 11/7/2012 10:55:33 AM
jasomramirez666 posted...
Its definitely a great game but its the same things over and over again. It feels like the developers nowadays just follow the CoD mentality, if it ain't broken - don't fix it. It has nothing new to offer, just the story really.

What do you guys think?

Hunting is new (as well as the addition of animals and the trading system)

Combat is new

Story is new (as you said) - and with it, all of the characters and locations

Weapons are new (tomahawk, bow, rope dart)

Free running brought new aspects (most notably trees and rocks)

Enemy AI is new

Graphics were updated (as with pretty much every sequel)

Sailing is new (and very cool!)

Homestead is arguably a new concept (as it is completely different from Monteriggioni).

What else did you want to be new in order for it to warrant the 60$ price tag without even being an Assassins Creed game anymore?

And going by your if it aint broke- dont fix it logic (about just changing the story and tweaking gameplay) look at the Legend of Zelda series. Amazing games, but even the newer ones are similar to Ocarina of Time in that you are a guy with a sword and shield saving the world one spin attack at a time (it wouldn't be LoZ without it!).
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#28kamikaze135Posted 11/7/2012 4:25:03 PM
sideways77 posted...
People forget Snes games and psone/64 games were 59.99 as well...

But the entire game was included in the cartridge.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#29DamarasPosted 11/7/2012 4:30:01 PM
The entire game is included on the CD as well, but certain aspects like DLC is just locked somewhere on it. ;D
#30DarkRay117Posted 11/7/2012 4:31:07 PM
I agree, just beat it and i'm not compelled to play the side content like i did for AC2 or ACB. There was just no spark for me.