Buying weapons vs crafting weapons

#1z_cherubPosted 11/7/2012 8:23:45 AM
Are there weapons that can ONLY be crafted, or are there some that can only be purchased at shops? Just curious as to whether the only advantage to crafting is saving $$. I'm about to craft a lot, but may just purchase now (seq. 7) of there's not much advantage to waiting...
---
PSN: ZCherub
#2notedeathPosted 11/7/2012 8:26:42 AM
Most of the weapons you craft are better than the ones at the shops.
---
GameFAQ's logic: Not answering someone's question directly = being a jerk.
#3JManGTPosted 11/7/2012 8:27:49 AM
They both are separated. The weapons in shops can only be bought, the weapons in the craft menu can ink be crafted.
The craft weapons are A LOT better
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#4z_cherub(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 9:33:17 AM
Sweet - thanks! I'll go ahead & buy the shop weapons, then. Hopefully I'll be able to craft some good ones soon. I'm loving the game, but it's crazy that you have to be 70% of the way through before you can craft good stuff ...
---
PSN: ZCherub
#5spike17spiegelPosted 11/7/2012 9:44:59 AM
There is a challenge for killing with every weapon, so buy and craft everything. Plus they will look cool in the basement, instead of empty racks.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
#6yaboyPosted 11/7/2012 10:21:42 AM
I was drunk when they introduced me to the crafting and bartering stuff. I made the barrel or whatever it was, quit, and never looked at that stuff again. And now it's all scary and confusing when I go into that menu.
---
:::M::: :::o::: :::F::: :::a::: :::T:::
#7lionhartwolfPosted 11/7/2012 10:35:13 AM
spike17spiegel posted...
There is a challenge for killing with every weapon, so buy and craft everything. Plus they will look cool in the basement, instead of empty racks.

its every type of weapon not every weapon (normal, small, heavy, blunt, firearm). i definitely have not used 90% of the weapons in this game and i got it.

and on a separate note the frontier map challenge doesnt mean you have to expose every square inch you just have to get most of it.
#8king_mcneelyPosted 11/7/2012 10:42:19 AM
yaboy posted...
I was drunk when they introduced me to the crafting and bartering stuff. I made the barrel or whatever it was, quit, and never looked at that stuff again. And now it's all scary and confusing when I go into that menu.

lol i was to
---
PSN McNeely87
#9Dirn2Posted 11/8/2012 8:18:14 AM

Yeah seriously, me too. Can someone please explain the basics?
---
Gamertag: DiRN2000 PSN: DiRN2000
#10Dirn2Posted 11/8/2012 8:19:40 AM
Crafting always scares me in games, it reminds me of WoW where you needed to grind 5 hours for materials to make anything...
---
Gamertag: DiRN2000 PSN: DiRN2000