Does anyone else feel like the technology has gone backwards? (spoilers kind of)

#21DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/7/2012 11:28:39 PM
SCGhost2424 posted...
did you play the game? the frontier is huge and have high mountains to boot. just one example.....

Which aren't high enough to use a parachute in, let alone fly around.

There are trees and boulders everywhere, it would make no sense.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#22SCGhost2424Posted 11/7/2012 11:33:54 PM
^the point of the parachute is not just jump from a high place, is glide and a fast way to get down without having to use a bunch of branches on the ground to soften your landing... and about the flying machine... dude.. not even AC2 used it on a regular map... u used it for like one mission in a completely different map... why couldnt that happen here? sigh....
#23riddlebox89Posted 11/7/2012 11:34:18 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
SCGhost2424 posted...
did you play the game? the frontier is huge and have high mountains to boot. just one example.....

Which aren't high enough to use a parachute in, let alone fly around.

There are trees and boulders everywhere, it would make no sense.

That and none of the cities have a building even half as tall as that one church in AC1, the other church in AC2 (the one near the first assassin tomb) the building with the huge ass flag in Brotherhood, and whatever the tallest thing in Revalations is.

So yeah...parachutes would've been pretty useless.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#24BillysanPosted 11/7/2012 11:37:17 PM
Parachutes would of been useful honestly. There a lot of high areas in the frontier. it also would of been fun to use.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#25SCGhost2424Posted 11/7/2012 11:37:35 PM
i honestly never even used the parachutes in AC2 but it was THERE. you guys are completely missing the point here.....
#26giled_tolgraPosted 11/7/2012 11:38:23 PM
Mooogleman posted...
AC1's combat was just as easy if not easier. Replaying it now some one said it's not just hit o. It's hold r1 wait till they attack hit square instant kill or worst case you throw them to the ground which you can then kill them or if surrounded just wait and keep countering. I haven't died once from fighting (you sure can't fall as far) I think countering is easier though counter kill ALWAYS works no guards block your counter.

As for the variety I think getting rid of throwing knives was silly but the rope dart was awesome. I love lynching people in the trees.

Buildings are too low for parachutes even to deploy desmond used one but that was it. I miss the higher buildings alot. Also I miss the marionette system. In replaying 1 it's like woah. Hold circle to push people away to get through crowds. It's just neat hold x to bend etc. I liked each button corresponding to part of the body I was sad when they made eagle vision L3 in whichever ac did it.

I feel like the game was more stream lined to meet a more general audience for better or worse. I loved not falling over from running into people but I missed grabbing ledges. People say press O no. If hes falling and near enough to grab he will grab period. Remember ezio would like throw himself forwards? Also being able to jump to while climbing to reach higher ledges. I missed the hook blade but like the parachute with the height your on it was unnecessary. A couple areas he uses his tomahawk to zipline though it's more cinematic than practical (you HAVE to do it to escape couple times but never have the option to do it when playing)

All together the game rocks. However it didn't totally feel like an AC game to me.

Well AC1 combat was easy as hell, but it was boring enough that it discouraged you from fighting a lot :P

And arenīt the poison darts pretty similar to the throwing knives anyways?

Dunno, as easy as the combat was in AC1 I feel the game tried more to discourage long lasting combat with large groups. With the newer games I feel I waste less time by killing the enemies that actually trying to break LOS and hiding.

Look at the forts in AC3 you can do them stealthily(and its pretty damn satisfying) but in the long run its much faster to kill all enemies and then do your objectives.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#27DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/7/2012 11:38:35 PM
SCGhost2424 posted...
^the point of the parachute is not just jump from a high place, is glide and a fast way to get down without having to use a bunch of branches on the ground to soften your landing... and about the flying machine... dude.. not even AC2 used it on a regular map... u used it for like one mission in a completely different map... why couldnt that happen here? sigh....

There's literally no point in having it. None. You can swan dive off of mountains, which is far easier than trying to navigate a forest with a parachute, and the flying machine is just not Connor's style. Do the Homestead missions.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#28BillysanPosted 11/7/2012 11:39:56 PM
SCGhost2424 posted...
i honestly never even used the parachutes in AC2 but it was THERE. you guys are completely missing the point here.....

AC2 didn't have the parachute.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#29giled_tolgraPosted 11/7/2012 11:43:13 PM
SCGhost2424 posted...

No the parachute wasnīt on AC2.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#30riddlebox89Posted 11/7/2012 11:45:22 PM
SCGhost2424 posted...

Well of course you didn't use them in AC2, they were never in AC2 -.-

But you're the one who's not getting the point, the point is, they have no points where they would've been even remotely useful in this game, so it would've been stupid to have something in there one wouldn't be able to use.

Besides, if you've never used them in ACB, then odds are you wouldn't have used them here either, so why are you complaining?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.