Does anyone else feel like the technology has gone backwards? (spoilers kind of)

#31SCGhost2424Posted 11/7/2012 11:49:03 PM
No? i thought all the games after AC2 were just a continuation of AC2 in a way. anyway, in whatever game they came out i never used it is what i meant. again the point of it is not about it being useful. make it useful then... it was in the storyline and it was just taken out... i dont know how else to say it so u guys can see it. and yes, i saw the brief reference to the flying machine. i actually pointed that out.
#32_Dura_Posted 11/7/2012 11:50:13 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
SCGhost2424 posted...
i honestly never even used the parachutes in AC2 but it was THERE. you guys are completely missing the point here.....

Well of course you didn't use them in AC2, they were never in AC2 -.-

But you're the one who's not getting the point, the point is, they have no points where they would've been even remotely useful in this game, so it would've been stupid to have something in there one wouldn't be able to use.

Besides, if you've never used them in ACB, then odds are you wouldn't have used them here either, so why are you complaining?

That's a slippery slope, isn't it? Rope darts aren't useful, should they not have included them? How about the fact that every weapon after the starting tomahawk is useless? Should they take those out too?
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#33BillysanPosted 11/7/2012 11:51:05 PM
I know I used the parachutes often in Brotherhood. Especially in freeroam, with freeroam the more options the better.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#34DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/7/2012 11:53:46 PM
_Dura_ posted...
That's a slippery slope, isn't it? Rope darts aren't useful, should they not have included them? How about the fact that every weapon after the starting tomahawk is useless? Should they take those out too?

Rope darts are highly useful. You can stealth kill, stop runners and bring down larger enemies in a fight. But go ahead and keep arguing about how a parachute in the forest would be useful.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#35riddlebox89Posted 11/7/2012 11:54:33 PM
_Dura_ posted...

-.-

I'm beginning to think your ticker isn't ticking properly, wind it up some would you? Cause it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out that, regardless of how useful or useless you find weapons other than the tomahawk, the other weapons in the game are useful for this game, the parachutes however, are not.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#36_Dura_Posted 11/7/2012 11:55:50 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
_Dura_ posted...

Rope darts are highly useful. You can stealth kill, stop runners and bring down larger enemies in a fight. But go ahead and keep arguing about how a parachute in the forest would be useful.

You can do all of that with a bow. Rope darts are there because they're fun to mess around with. Same reason parachutes would be fun.

Hell, they could put the Flying Machine on the roof of the homestead so I could take it as a shortcut to the Aquila. Why? Because it would be fun, why the hell NOT do it?
---
#37_Dura_Posted 11/7/2012 11:56:44 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...

-.-

I'm beginning to think your ticker isn't ticking properly, wind it up some would you? Cause it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out that, regardless of how useful or useless you find weapons other than the tomahawk, the other weapons in the game are useful for this game, the parachutes however, are not.

How exactly are other weapons useful? They're purely for cosmetics, the stats don't mean anything.
---
#38SCGhost2424Posted 11/7/2012 11:58:36 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
_Dura_ posted...

no one said anything about it being useful. its simply not there is all i am saying. also the parachute gave me an option if i wanted to jump off a side of a building or whatever that didn't have a safe landing period. my choices, my game. same with the rope dart, i never ever used it.
#39DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/7/2012 11:59:29 PM
_Dura_ posted...
Hell, they could put the Flying Machine on the roof of the homestead so I could take it as a shortcut to the Aquila. Why? Because it would be fun, why the hell NOT do it?

Because the amount of time it would take to get situated on the roof, take off and make it to the Aquila, you could have already ran there. Plus, trees and falling. You really want to fly with the clumsy controls of it, really?
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#40malicemizerfanPosted 11/8/2012 12:00:47 AM
in all the other assassins creed games, did you see the other assassins in the order using those parachutes and flying machines? no. because they were kept a secret by ezio(not to mention, they don't work in the real world.) and really, you think a crossbow is better than a real bow, something that has far better range, penetrative power, and is a hell of a lot faster to reload? so he doesn't use throwing knives, he now has a knife on a rope, his hidden blades are knives, his poison darts are actually knives(look at them)