Does anyone else feel like the technology has gone backwards? (spoilers kind of)

#41Gobstoppers12Posted 11/8/2012 12:12:09 AM
myklklein posted...

At least in AC, getting into a big fight was dangerous, because combat wasn't as easy as just hitting O when the red triangle tells you to, and then your killing style of choice button. It was harder, and usually better to just run, and find a place to hide.

Now, combat isn't something to avoid, and there's hardly a consequence to walking through the city killing every guard you see with impunity.

Stuff it, I regularly went into the first game and started trouble just to get into a massive battle. It wasn't hard. It was a bit less predictable but never difficult; the triangle warning system in 3 just makes it more accessible, not exactly easier. The first game didn't have a rock-paper-scissors combat style vs. certain types. It was either "You can counter kill him" or "You can counter kill him with the hidden blade only."
---
think about all the people that complained over DaVinci code...it would be much worse with killer bisexual jesus in Mgs4. --NexVesica, regarding Vamp Theories.
#42_Dura_Posted 11/8/2012 12:23:23 AM(edited)
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Hell, they could put the Flying Machine on the roof of the homestead so I could take it as a shortcut to the Aquila. Why? Because it would be fun, why the hell NOT do it?

Because the amount of time it would take to get situated on the roof, take off and make it to the Aquila, you could have already ran there. Plus, trees and falling. You really want to fly with the clumsy controls of it, really?

Again, that's a slippery slope. Let's remove cheats and changeable outfits. I mean, you don't NEED them, right? This is literally the same exact thing as the rope darts. Sure I COULD just shoot them with a bow, but I use a rope dart and hang them because it looks cooler and it's more fun that way. Same thing here, I'd rather mess around with the flying machine than running the same path again.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#43Damien94Posted 11/8/2012 12:34:57 AM
giled_tolgra posted...
Nope, they are just balanced.

I never had an arrow bounce off an enemy though.

I did have crossbow bolts regularly bounce off enemies the previous games though.

It's called a freshening of gameplay, TC. If they just copy-pasta'd the previous ACs, it would continue to get much more stale. That, and each game has it's signature new thing. In Brotherhood it was training Assassins. In Revelations it was Bombs. In AC3, it's hunting and ship missions.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#44BillysanPosted 11/8/2012 12:37:30 AM
Bows are more accurate on horseback.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#45leopoldsharkPosted 11/8/2012 2:17:01 AM
Ezio had Da Vinci design all his stuff. Da Vinci's a genius. :)

But yeah, realism and what not...
#46riddlebox89Posted 11/8/2012 2:37:43 AM(edited)
_Dura_ posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
That's a slippery slope, isn't it? Rope darts aren't useful, should they not have included them? How about the fact that every weapon after the starting tomahawk is useless? Should they take those out too?

-.-

I'm beginning to think your ticker isn't ticking properly, wind it up some would you? Cause it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out that, regardless of how useful or useless you find weapons other than the tomahawk, the other weapons in the game are useful for this game, the parachutes however, are not.

How exactly are other weapons useful? They're purely for cosmetics, the stats don't mean anything.

OK, point out to me where I said anything about weapon statistics at all, because I don't remember ever saying anything relating to them, so either point me out to where I said that or you're putting words in my mouth and just acting like you're not understanding just to piss me off.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#47justchill433Posted 11/8/2012 3:07:27 AM
Im only at the end of chapter 6 but Connor is the only assassin besides achilles. If you played Revelations then you know that not all assassins have access to the same technology. The whole hook blade thing could have existed during brotherhood but Ezio did not know about it because the technology hadnt spread to his region. Connor is just some native american that has been trained to wield swords and hidden blades. It makes logical sense and its realistic that he wouldnt have the same technology. Ezio kept Da Vincis inventions a secret. The glider wasnt in Revelations IIRC because it was annoying/horrible and people complained about It. A lot of stuff was taken out for balance like the crossbow which was way too overpowered (you could literally sit in the middle of 10 guards and crossbow them to death without even getting touched). No matter what they do you would complain. If they gave you parachutes then you would complain that they are useless or that they needed higher buildings. If they gave you the glider then youd complain it doesnt see enough use and then they would give you more glider missions that you would complain are annoying because the controls suck. Either way they lose.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#48_Dura_Posted 11/8/2012 1:51:50 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
That's a slippery slope, isn't it? Rope darts aren't useful, should they not have included them? How about the fact that every weapon after the starting tomahawk is useless? Should they take those out too?

-.-

I'm beginning to think your ticker isn't ticking properly, wind it up some would you? Cause it doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out that, regardless of how useful or useless you find weapons other than the tomahawk, the other weapons in the game are useful for this game, the parachutes however, are not.

How exactly are other weapons useful? They're purely for cosmetics, the stats don't mean anything.

OK, point out to me where I said anything about weapon statistics at all, because I don't remember ever saying anything relating to them, so either point me out to where I said that or you're putting words in my mouth and just acting like you're not understanding just to piss me off.

How about you tell me how weapons after the tomahawk are useful, like I asked in the post you JUST quoted and still didn't answer?
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#49bobbyrkPosted 11/8/2012 1:59:33 PM
leopoldshark posted...
Ezio had Da Vinci design all his stuff. Da Vinci's a genius. :)

But yeah, realism and what not...

The only thing Leonardo designed for Ezio was the parachutes. The glider he already had made just to tinker around with. The War Machines were made for the Borgia. Everything else he created based on schematics made by Alta´r.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#50riddlebox89Posted 11/8/2012 2:32:54 PM
_Dura_ posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
_Dura_ posted...

-.-

How about you tell me how weapons after the tomahawk are useful, like I asked in the post you JUST quoted and still didn't answer?

Someone else needs to lay off the stupid pills it looks like, cause if you weren't overdosing on them day after day, you'd notice I never said anything about weapon stats and would know what I'm talking about.

Seeing as you don't, your brain is far too fried to comprehend anything that's not between your legs.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.