Rope Beater

#1mescalito75Posted 11/8/2012 4:49:44 AM
I've read a couple of messages saying you have to counter him next to barrels etc, but I've tried each type of counter; circle and he hits me twice more, x he hits me once and square he just blocks me. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried holding circle then countering and quickly hitting then hitting the different counter buttons, but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Is it a specific timing thing? I know you can cheat and use weapons to whittle his health down, but you still need to finish him bare fisted.
#2ZenzokuPosted 11/8/2012 4:50:29 AM
use rope darts to get him down to low health then use a few smoke bombs to get some hits in.

that's how i got him.
#3mescalito75(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 4:55:55 AM
Wierd, I did counters exactly the same way as I have been and I wiped him out without taking any damage. I barely got a blow in during five attempts previously.
#4MadigariPosted 11/8/2012 4:56:25 AM
I used the desks. On either side of the little partitions in the center (where they're standing when you start the mission), there are like these woodworking desks. If you watch, certain parts of them have the Animus Nets around them.

If you press the counter button while near that net, it automatically slams his face into the desk and does a huge chunk of damage.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#5ZenzokuPosted 11/8/2012 4:56:57 AM
as long as it works...

i couldn't get a single hit in either. I somehow got my assassins called out too, he beat all of them down before wailing more on me. I only got a few hits on him from behind while he was ****** my recruits.
#6DreadnoughtXPosted 11/10/2012 2:54:53 AM
Madigari posted...
I used the desks. On either side of the little partitions in the center (where they're standing when you start the mission), there are like these woodworking desks. If you watch, certain parts of them have the Animus Nets around them.

If you press the counter button while near that net, it automatically slams his face into the desk and does a huge chunk of damage.

Thanks! This is the best advice in this thread! Very easy once you find the table with those white lines. You literally just stand there and counter (Press O) and the guy will literally drop. Easier than the rest as soon as you find the table!

Thanks again!
#7UrbanizedKnavePosted 11/10/2012 3:06:57 AM
Shoot him 3 times, drop a smoke bomb or run into him to break his guard, and finiah him off.
#8PabloDuganheimPosted 11/10/2012 3:26:57 AM
Shooting will work, but I hacked away at him with my sword until he was almost dead and them finished him unarmed so as not to break the quest.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#9gphjr14Posted 11/10/2012 3:31:45 AM
Its a table in the corner not barrels. Do that and you'll get him plus when his down run up and hit square and you'll get 1-2 extra hits before he counters.

Youtube helps.
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#10Maximum OverdrivePosted 11/10/2012 3:47:05 AM
I'm assuming him refers to a typical soldier?
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL