Simply cannot beat this Sailor in the second Boston Brawler mission!!!!

#21OhhSnapPosted 11/8/2012 11:32:29 AM
learn how to use the counter system people.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#22Killface99Posted 11/8/2012 11:40:21 AM
OhhSnap posted...
learn how to use the counter system people.

Nah man. It is definitely a glitch.

If it isn't then it must be the game's fault for not giving them step by step instructions on how to do absolutely everything.

Pick your poison.
---
PSN: optophobe (I ignore blank friend requests)
#23Klop_Job(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 12:28:40 PM
Finally beat him. For some reason I went Incognito and he stopped fighting me, then I was able to choke him from behind. How very fortunate. The counter system doesn't work on this particular character.
#24NeoMonkPosted 11/8/2012 1:13:20 PM
** Cheap way to kill him **

The boat is divided in 2 with a big set of crates on the middle.
Get in thru the right side (they're on the left) Set a Mine Trap & start the fight.
Kite them to the Mine heading to the right side of the boat, 3 assistants die instantly & he will back away & you regen health if you stay on that side (do it as often as u need to).
After that x3 smoke bombs & then just counter counter defend attack does the job!
Really annoying fight but there's a really cheap way of getting it done :)
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#25TheDawnRiderPosted 11/8/2012 2:42:00 PM
da_gama posted...
Madigari posted...
TheDawnRider posted...
Yeah but the problem is I don't remember where that was or even what town...I think it might have been New York.

Nah. Boston. I think it was in the northern part of the map, but I don't remember exactly where. Hopefully, it should have a marker, though; it did on my game.

Ok, thanks. I didn't see a marker...Could have been a glitch. Later today when I'm going to play I'll try to find it.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but I didn't have the marker on my map as well, but if you fast travel to the two harbor masters in boston next to each other, and just go north up the harbor, you'll find the brewery eventually

Thanks, this was very helpful as I was able to find it.
#26Killface99Posted 11/8/2012 6:42:12 PM
Klop_Job posted...
Finally beat him. For some reason I went Incognito and he stopped fighting me, then I was able to choke him from behind. How very fortunate. The counter system doesn't work on this particular character.

Good thing you got around this glitch, man.
---
PSN: optophobe (I ignore blank friend requests)
#27veliemPosted 11/8/2012 7:37:14 PM
Klop_Job posted...

Sooo this happen to me as well lol. I thew one smoke bomb and punch him like 3 times then he start blocking again. I threw another smoke bomb but i couldn't punch him at all, so I ran back a bit and found out his 3 goons were friendly towards me and the sailor stop moving after he finished coughing and such from the smoke bomb. I ran behind him and choke him. After i looted him, i shot him in the face and kill him.
#28a76653Posted 11/8/2012 7:48:33 PM
Why go through all the trouble? Just knock them into the water... or use break defense. There isn't a glitch, you just need to know what tactic to use to fight them.
#29Pvega8Posted 11/9/2012 12:48:44 PM
Graeves posted...
Hmmm, I remember that I could easily use the break defence move on him, aswell as during a counter...

Here's what you do:

1) Once he winds up and swings at you, wait until he's half way to hitting you, and press "O", the counter button.

2) This will temporarily slow him down, and the whole screen will slow down. The moment this happens, hit "X" the break defense button.

3) The screen will get slow again, at which time you can hit "[]", the hit button 3 times to knock him out.

If you time it just right, you'll knock his butt down.

You have to be patient and hit the first counter at the right time.
#30IronChefsterPosted 11/11/2012 7:02:52 PM
Ahhh I read this on another site and it worked! So rather than using the standard B-X counter combo (on Xbox), you use the B-A combo which apparently is the disarm/stun counter. This then allows you to take it to that darn sailor!