Attacking Convoys?

#1JManGTPosted 11/8/2012 9:17:51 AM
Need it for the thieves challenges, spent 30 minutes both camping in a tree off a trail, and riding horseback all over the main trails in the frontier, isnt there a mission that has a convoy you attack that would count?
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#2giled_tolgraPosted 11/8/2012 9:21:05 AM(edited)
I found a way to almost always spawn a convoy while doing this.

Fast travel to the dock on the frontier and from there go west towards the tavern near the fort in the SW part of the frontier. Most of the time a Concoy spawns there.

Worked like a charm for me
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#3Newts_UtePosted 11/8/2012 9:21:23 AM
Just run along the highways. Takes a while but you'll bump in to one eventually. I just did it for the prince of thieves trophy and it only took about 20 minutes.

Otherwise just go out to fill up your hunting map or something and you're bound to bump into one in your travels
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#4JerichoEstacioPosted 11/8/2012 9:21:46 AM
I found that they show up for me when I'm travelling through trees that are about to cross a main road.
#5JManGT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:32:40 AM
Newts_Ute posted...
Just run along the highways. Takes a while but you'll bump in to one eventually. I just did it for the prince of thieves trophy and it only took about 20 minutes.

Otherwise just go out to fill up your hunting map or something and you're bound to bump into one in your travels

Sadly everything is completed.
I'll try that other posters' method though and will confirm if it works
---
#6JManGT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:36:03 AM
giled_tolgra posted...
I found a way to almost always spawn a convoy while doing this.

Fast travel to the dock on the frontier and from there go west towards the tavern near the fort in the SW part of the frontier. Most of the time a Concoy spawns there.

Worked like a charm for me

HOLY ****!!!! This actually worked first try!!!!
You are a god!!!!!
---
#7Newts_UtePosted 11/8/2012 9:37:37 AM
=( Wish I knew that before I ran around the wilderness hoping for one to appear lol
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#8JManGT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 9:46:16 AM
I think what is happening is that the convoy sets out from a predetermined spot when you load the frontier and he just happened to figure out where that is.
Did it again, spawned in the exact same area, like clock work
---
#9giled_tolgraPosted 11/8/2012 9:59:35 AM
JManGT posted...
I think what is happening is that the convoy sets out from a predetermined spot when you load the frontier and he just happened to figure out where that is.
Did it again, spawned in the exact same area, like clock work

<convous travel between forts is what I found. Although in my experince it doesn´t always spawn there
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#10thormihai28Posted 11/13/2012 5:38:51 AM
i dont know if it helps or not but what i did is i ve sent 3 land convoys to the frontier and then i did the spawn to harbor walk to tavern part