So many sidequests with no reward. what were they thinking

#1ZodasRevengePosted 11/8/2012 8:00:06 PM(edited)
It reminds me of AC1 - collect 300 friggin flags - for no reason!

So much of the side stuff in this game has no reward or very crappy reward, like Connor's raggedy teenage outfit, wtf?

There is ZERO reward for the Brawler missions, correct me if I'm wrong? However at least some could argue those missions are fun.

The courier and delivery missions? No reward AND it's not even fun. Look at the map and run to the icon. Repeat.

The game is just full of stuff like this. Like the title says, what were they thinking? I really want to know their thought process for putting in SO MUCH stuff to do, most of it tedious and boring, and barely any reward - usually no reward at all. It's truly baffling.

MONEY DOESN'T COUNT AS A REWARD. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED IT. THERE'S NOTHING WORTH BUYING.
#2veliemPosted 11/8/2012 7:53:57 PM
wrong on delivery, you get 1k
#3Newts_UtePosted 11/8/2012 7:57:04 PM
Delivery missions pay 1000 gold, courier missions pay 500 gold. Finishing the brawler missions gave you new items inside your homestead. Just because you don't like a certain outfit doesn't mean nobody else does either, its not there to please you and you alone.

If you don't want to do the missions don't do them. Its not like they're mandatory or anything.
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#4ZodasRevenge(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 8:00:51 PM
Nope, money doesn't count as a reward. You get plenty of money from the game and from other missions. There's nothing worth buying anyway.
#5Newts_UtePosted 11/8/2012 8:04:32 PM
ZodasRevenge posted...
Nope, money doesn't count as a reward.

My world just got turned upside down!
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#6Nami_hanaPosted 11/8/2012 8:07:48 PM
i think tc means that they'd like actual, playable rewards like the ones from past ac games

finishing faction challenges back then unlocked a weapon at least and here you only get pocket change from the in-game currency
---
People, it's "could've or could have", not "could of". >_> Seriously.
#7MadigariPosted 11/8/2012 8:20:22 PM
ZodasRevenge posted...
Nope, money doesn't count as a reward. You get plenty of money from the game and from other missions. There's nothing worth buying anyway.

I say this same thing when I help someone find a pet or a lost wallet. "Excuse me, b****, but I have a job and a way to make my own money, so stuff your $100 where the sun don't shine. Just let me rifle through your wardrobe for a bit and we'll call it even."
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#8Skythe0888Posted 11/8/2012 8:21:53 PM
They added it in to pad out the game time, obviously. It's pretty poor design and one of my pet peeves with open world games like this.
#9jubjub_28Posted 11/8/2012 8:47:11 PM
You don't get a reward for beating the game.... so why even play it right?
---
I played and loved every second of METAL GEAR SOLID 4.
Problem?
#10Godstriker8Posted 11/8/2012 8:47:51 PM
Madigari posted...
ZodasRevenge posted...

I say this same thing when I help someone find a pet or a lost wallet. "Excuse me, b****, but I have a job and a way to make my own money, so stuff your $100 where the sun don't shine. Just let me rifle through your wardrobe for a bit and we'll call it even."

Yeah, because real life money and fake currency are worth the same amount right?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!