*SPOILERS*ENDING DISCUSSION:So why did Minerva...

#1DonjonOPosted 11/8/2012 11:04:02 PM
In the end sequence Minerva tells Desmond that it is too late for humanity to figure out a way to save the world with the First Civilization technology.

So why did Ezio need to find Minerva so that she could talk to Desmond via the Animus at the end of AC2? If Minerva knew Ezio's purpose was for Desmond to hear her message what good could come of it as it would already be too late since Desmond relives Ezio's memories not too long prior to AC3?

Everything sort of makes sense except that: we now know Desmond could not save the world by getting to the temple yet Minerva said that Ezio's role was to show Desmond the way to something she knew was pointless?!
#2True RunePosted 11/8/2012 11:06:04 PM
Because Minerva was hoping the Assassins and the Templars could quit bickering for a while to find a way using the First Civs technology to save the world.

But, they didn't.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#3_Dura_Posted 11/8/2012 11:07:06 PM
You really want to know?

They were making it up as they went.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#4GenjutsuCrowPosted 11/8/2012 11:08:01 PM
Maybe they're just trying to shift the blame towards you, rather than admit they missed up.
---
The official Waifu of N.
White 2 friend code: 0390 6599 5528
#5GreyfeldPosted 11/8/2012 11:09:01 PM
From what I understand, Minerva was trying to guide Desmond to the salvation of humankind via first civilization technology, but Juno cut her off once they reached the site and redirected him toward the orb that would release Juno into the world.

Of course, I still don't understand how Juno saved the world, since it was just sort of handwaved... but, meh.
---
PSN - Aevio
"I'm on a Goomba." - BlackMageJawa
#6DonjonO(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:12:31 PM
"Because Minerva was hoping the Assassins and the Templars could quit bickering for a while to find a way using the First Civs technology to save the world.

But, they didn't."

I guess that's what they want the players to believe but it makes no sense! Minerva knew Desmond was the one who was going to relive Ezio's memories meaning that there would not be enough time left to figure out how to save the world! I did not play Bortherhood or Revelations but it's my understanding that there are only a few months, if that, that elapse between AC2 and AC3.

Do the game creators really expect me to believe that a few months would have be sufficient to figure out to save the world when the percursos themselves failed after years of trying?

It doesn't work unless there is something I missed or explained elsewhere
#7Left4JokerPosted 11/8/2012 11:19:34 PM
_Dura_ posted...
You really want to know?

They were making it up as they went.

this
#8GreyfeldPosted 11/8/2012 11:20:36 PM
DonjonO posted...
"Because Minerva was hoping the Assassins and the Templars could quit bickering for a while to find a way using the First Civs technology to save the world.

But, they didn't."

I guess that's what they want the players to believe but it makes no sense! Minerva knew Desmond was the one who was going to relive Ezio's memories meaning that there would not be enough time left to figure out how to save the world! I did not play Bortherhood or Revelations but it's my understanding that there are only a few months, if that, that elapse between AC2 and AC3.

Do the game creators really expect me to believe that a few months would have be sufficient to figure out to save the world when the percursos themselves failed after years of trying?

It doesn't work unless there is something I missed or explained elsewhere

I guess you just completely ignored my post.
---
PSN - Aevio
#9DonjonO(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 11:24:53 PM
Sorry Greyfield but your post had not appeared when I replied to the previous post.

Minerva claims she intended to lead Desmond to the temple because she thought it was safe to do so, she says so at the end of AC3, but she did not know Juno was still around, so your explanation does not work either.

I hope it isn't that they just made it up as they went along because everything in the plot of the series works except this. I am hoping someone can point out something I missed that works.
#10GreyfeldPosted 11/8/2012 11:29:36 PM(edited)
DonjonO posted...
Sorry Greyfield but your post had not appeared when I replied to the previous post.

Minerva claims she intended to lead Desmond to the temple because she thought it was safe to do so, she says so at the end of AC3, but she did not know Juno was still around, so your explanation does not work either.

I hope it isn't that they just made it up as they went along because everything in the plot of the series works except this. I am hoping someone can point out something I missed that works.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said, because my explanation fits perfectly with what you just said.

Minerva is trying to guide Desmond to the technology to save humanity. Desmond follows said instructions and ends up at the site for AC3. Juno cuts off Minerva's instructions once he arrives and guides him toward the sphere, instead of whatever tech Minerva would have guided him toward.

Keep in mind, the group got to this site at the end of October, nearly two months before the solar flare event was scheduled to happen. Juno ate up all the time that Desmond would have had to find the first civ tech that Minerva was guiding him toward. By the time Minerva broke through, time was up.
---
PSN - Aevio