*SPOILERS*ENDING DISCUSSION:So why did Minerva...

#21Junta_JastPosted 11/10/2012 6:45:20 PM
Mu personal interpretation is that the Orb would have saved humanity perfectly fine, except that Juno managed to somehow seal herself in it. So the reason that Minerva tells Desmond not to use it is because the Orb would fulfill both purposes, and thus save the world, while at the same time releasing Minerva. So Minerva and Tinia thought that everything was good and started guiding Desmond's ancestors there, because to their knowledge the Orb would save the world no problem. It wasn't until Desmond activated whatever had held that bit of Minerva there that they realized that Juno had hijacked it.
---
Marceline, MY Vampire Queen --> http://tinyurl.com/bzlf5fo
#22Crimson PhantomPosted 11/10/2012 6:51:53 PM
Bad writing for the ending of the game thats all

happens...

all in all it was a decent story
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#23RycyynPosted 11/10/2012 6:57:02 PM
Junta_Jast posted...
Mu personal interpretation is that the Orb would have saved humanity perfectly fine, except that Juno managed to somehow seal herself in it. So the reason that Minerva tells Desmond not to use it is because the Orb would fulfill both purposes, and thus save the world, while at the same time releasing Minerva. So Minerva and Tinia thought that everything was good and started guiding Desmond's ancestors there, because to their knowledge the Orb would save the world no problem. It wasn't until Desmond activated whatever had held that bit of Minerva there that they realized that Juno had hijacked it.

Why didn't they use the orb themselves then? To me it seems like Minerva and Juno imply that the site was abandoned before the cataclysm, so how the hell did anyone finish the thing?

Not to mention Minerva had to have had a rough timeline of when Desmond would see the memories of Ezio, but then she tells Desmond that they wasted centuries fighting when they could have used first civ tech to find the solution. Desmond didn't even have a year from the time he hears the first message.

It all just happens and makes little sense to me. The way the games described for so long that the first civ found no solution to the problem and thus were destroyed from it, yet Juno's sitting down there in that unknown machine for centuries with no explanation on how it was completed or exactly what the hell it does.

Juno even explicitly states that their attempts to make a planetary shield failed, but yet she has one.
---
--
And the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. (This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen.)-Good Omens
#24DaimaoTakahashiPosted 11/10/2012 6:59:39 PM
ShenGon posted...
Actually, I love how this ending makes Revleations, specifically the ending, that much more irrelevant.

If Juno was sealed by her own people, why didn't either Minerva or (Tinia?) bother to warn Desmond when they were all standing there? Just one little- "By the way, she is a lying ***** " would have done it.

The way I understood it was that the Minerva, Tinia, and Juno in the Sync Nexus was holograms of some sort from a time before they had outed and sealed Juno. The ones we see in the present day is something like ghosts.
---
I didn't choose the Keyblade wielder's life
The Keyblade Wielder's life chose me.~Sora
#25Junta_JastPosted 11/10/2012 7:05:41 PM
Rycyyn posted...
Why didn't they use the orb themselves then? To me it seems like Minerva and Juno imply that the site was abandoned before the cataclysm, so how the hell did anyone finish the thing?

Not to mention Minerva had to have had a rough timeline of when Desmond would see the memories of Ezio, but then she tells Desmond that they wasted centuries fighting when they could have used first civ tech to find the solution. Desmond didn't even have a year from the time he hears the first message.

It all just happens and makes little sense to me. The way the games described for so long that the first civ found no solution to the problem and thus were destroyed from it, yet Juno's sitting down there in that unknown machine for centuries with no explanation on how it was completed or exactly what the hell it does.

Juno even explicitly states that their attempts to make a planetary shield failed, but yet she has one.

You are right, and in all honesty this is me trying to fill a big plot hole, but here we go. I thought about that before, and the only thing that makes sense is that Juno sealing herself fixed it somehow, and that Desmond would have had to follow whatever instructions Minerva had left for him to fix it. There is no hint of this in the game though, just my filling for that plot hole.
---
Marceline, MY Vampire Queen --> http://tinyurl.com/bzlf5fo
#26teddifiedPosted 11/11/2012 8:49:44 AM
Wasn't the orb to just free Juno? It's quite possible she used machines to build something else to help her save the world while she was waiting(like was mentioned with the towers they first tried to build). So Desmond just let her out to use w/e to save the day.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified
#27lilORANGPosted 11/11/2012 9:03:04 AM
Either Juno or Minerva at one point say that they couldn't complete the world saving device before they all died so they let "the machines finish what they started" or something like that. Shaun said there were functioning machines down there because they were still making that cardboard ambrosia stuff. The orb probably got made by some BA AI thing over thousands of years.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/lilORANG
http://www.tennisthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tennisbutt.jpg
#28OkikurmiPosted 11/11/2012 9:13:27 AM
If what Greyfeld says is true, why at the end did minerva not just tell Desmond juno is lieing and direct him towards what she wanted him to find in there? she appeared a bunch of times around the temple, and wasnt she also the one sending e-mails?

Like the other guy i also get the impression that she was talking about them doing something centuries ago when she new it would be too late.

And how did juno even leave when she is a hologram or something.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#29teddifiedPosted 11/12/2012 8:07:40 AM
Okikurmi posted...
If what Greyfeld says is true, why at the end did minerva not just tell Desmond juno is lieing and direct him towards what she wanted him to find in there? she appeared a bunch of times around the temple, and wasnt she also the one sending e-mails?

Like the other guy i also get the impression that she was talking about them doing something centuries ago when she new it would be too late.

And how did juno even leave when she is a hologram or something.

Juno was actually imprisoned, Minerva was talking to him from along time in the past with the Nexus thing. So she didn't find out anything until you see her at the end.

Basically Minerva checked in one last time to see how things were going and found out what happened with the Discs she left for Desmond. But found out that Juno somehow got rid of them and used Connor and Desmond to escape.
---
The Terror of Death.....
PSN - Teddified