Doom and gloom has gotten me worried. The game just isn't fun to play?

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 11/9/2012 4:09:49 AM
Is this seriously what most of the people who bought the game feel?

How does ACIII rank amongst

I
II
BR
RV
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2Newts_UtePosted 11/9/2012 4:11:21 AM
Nah its just GameFAQs being vocal again. The game isn't without its issues but what new game is?

I'd put it on par with AC2, way ahead of BH and RV
---
Current trophy hunt: Disgaea 4 35/51 | Dragon Age: Origins 26/55
Darksiders 43/43 | Skyrim 51/51
#3LunarHeartPosted 11/9/2012 4:13:12 AM
In terms of having fun, I think III wins because of the vast Frontier, the improved combat and oceanic combat etc. It's a blast to play.

Behind it is II and BrotherHood, they are equal in many ways for me, Brotherhood have more diversity but not as interesting exploring.

Then Revelations

and WAAAAAAAY down

AC 1.

*spoilers*

The ending of AC III however have left me almost despising the entire series.
---
FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYBf4sdwI8
#4DRX777Posted 11/9/2012 4:15:37 AM
Much like Liberation, it's good but has a lot of flaws. If it came out 5 years ago it'd be monumental. As is, it feels a little dated.

Desmond's story conclusion is weak, Connor's arc is weird and contrived, there's a ton of sidequests with no real merit to them (you can craft items to sell but they are always less valuable than their base components, what?) it's glitched out the ass and constantly reveals stuff it is not meant to; I got spoilered on a pretty huge plot development by an ingame character biography popping up too early. Connor can attack forts and raise the American flag long before the American flag exists.

I just killed a bear with the Hidden Blade I don't have yet.

Again, like Liberation, I love it. But it is rough around the edges in a way ACII was not.
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#5NogahamPosted 11/9/2012 4:16:49 AM
I enjoyed this game thoroughly. And I have put in roughly 6-10 more hours than into the earlier games. The new setting is done very well. In my book AC2 is still slightly better. But maybe there is some bias to that because the jump from AC1 to AC2 was so large.

The ending however, yeah.. Much more dissatisfying than in the earlier games I must say.
#6ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 4:18:45 AM
Newts_Ute posted...
Nah its just GameFAQs being vocal again. The game isn't without its issues but what new game is?

Pretty much this. It's my personal favorite game in the series, but it's also the only one that I experienced glitches in. None were completely game-breaking, and they eventually just stopped for the majority of the game. That was just my own experience, though.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#7_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 4:27:51 AM
Depends on how good you are at lying to yourself about a series you love.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#8dave_is_slickPosted 11/9/2012 4:29:44 AM

Hell no. It lacks creativity. Nothing new about it is anything to really get excited over. It feels like they thought features would make up for lack of anything significant.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#9Musashi920Posted 11/9/2012 4:30:31 AM
In the most basic generalization you run around as an assassin being able to kill "templar" troops while doing different missions. Same thing you have always been able to do since AC1.

At its core it hasn't changed much. What really matters is how much fun you get out of the story. And 2nd how much fun you have collecting crap in open world games such as these.

In terms of story and genuine fun. I would say it is as good or better than AC2.
---
PSN: Keiji86Maeda
SF4: Blanka MK9: Kano, Jade MvC3: Wolvie, Spencer, Wesker
#10beedtrackerPosted 11/9/2012 4:39:36 AM
Free running feels worse in this one, I can deal with ALL of the glitches with lies to myself, but not the wonky parkor
---
http://youtu.be/mzAQu23t19A