Doom and gloom has gotten me worried. The game just isn't fun to play?

#11Gmoney-Posted 11/9/2012 6:08:45 AM
Parkour is fine people are just bad at it. Hold x to vault over stuff and O to drop.

Now you know how to control it better.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#12pk1154Posted 11/9/2012 6:18:31 AM
dave_is_slick posted...
I'd put it on par with AC2, way ahead of BH and RV

Hell no. It lacks creativity.

True, that, even regarding story elements.

(I'm doing sequence 8. GK watches me play.)

GK: This is cliched. How many times has this been done before?

PK: Oh, just about every (spoiler) flick ever.

(later)

GK: Slo-mo? Really? Isn't that a bit lame?

PK: Yup. And kind of interfering with these %@!# optional objectives, too.

Sequences 1 - 3 = slow and annoying
Sequence 4 = necessary, but not winning me over
Sequences 5, 6, 7 = awesome. Love the Homestead. (Despite glitches.)
Sequence 8 = someone needs to be spanked, hard

More to come, and I don't expect it will be all good.

Really, AC2 is THE game. (Though the actual mechanics of investigating and planning an assassination were far better in AC.)
---
We're having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.
#13AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 6:25:53 AM
ToastyAnakin posted...
Is this seriously what most of the people who bought the game feel?

How does ACIII rank amongst

I
II
BR
RV

AC > AC II > AC III > AC: B > AC: Revelations

I haven't finished III yet, due to the fact that there are so many monumental bugs driving me up the ****ing wall I've decided to take a little break. Other than that it's pretty good.
#14DonjonOPosted 11/9/2012 7:35:36 AM
For me the game started off very strong but at about the half way point I got supremely bored and kept going for the story that got even more ridiculous as you progress.

It's not a bad game by any means but it has a lot of serious issues when it comes to gameplay progression: basically you are as strong as you will get by the start of the game, none of the sidequests give you relevant rewards (new robes are nice but a bit boring) and the game is incredibly easy which made it hard to feel involved. The upgrades you can get for your character are also pointless: more ammo for stuff you don't really need or stronger weapons that make battles shorter but not easier or more fun.
The potential for fun is there because the game does give you means to do all sorts of crazy stuff but the game is not designed to take advantage of it and is lessened because of it.
#15CarpetfluffPosted 11/9/2012 7:53:38 AM
If you get invested in a lot of the other stuff that's in there; the hunting, the homestead etc I think it feels like a much more like a complete world than the previous games.
#16T-Matt-16Posted 11/9/2012 8:03:10 AM
AC 2
AC BH
AC 3
AC R
AC
#17KaliestoPosted 11/9/2012 8:15:44 AM
Nah it's just GameFAQs whining like the *****es they are, no wait...I think they are female dogs.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#18OhhSnapPosted 11/9/2012 8:17:07 AM
Yeah this isn't the board to ask really. Go look up some reviews on youtube or something.
These guys find every way possible to whine about the game.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#19SymphonicRainPosted 11/9/2012 8:24:36 AM
Kaliesto posted...
Nah it's just GameFAQs whining like the *****es they are, no wait...I think they are female dogs.

That was a fun trip back to 1992.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#20ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 10:35:09 AM
OhhSnap posted...
Yeah this isn't the board to ask really. Go look up some reviews on youtube or something.
These guys find every way possible to whine about the game.

Is this a better question? If I loved 1,2,BR and RV will I like 3?
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)