Doom and gloom has gotten me worried. The game just isn't fun to play?

#21egpNoodlezPosted 11/9/2012 11:40:44 AM
If you enjoyed the series so far, I think you'll like this. The only one of the main series I haven't played is Revelations, and while the glitches and bugs are defintely here in ACIII and occassionally make me RAAAAGE, I freaking love the combat and free running. Just a couple of minutes running through the woods and then seeing a target, stalking them from the trees and killing them. It really helps me take my mind of things and just back to enjoying the game.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#22riouken1234Posted 11/9/2012 11:42:50 AM
For me it goes

AC1>AC3>AC2>AC:R>AC:B

The first game had the best assassinations, giving you the most freedom to plan and rehearse your escape routes before the hit itself. Altair became wise and thought provoking near the end. You see this more so in the Codex Pages found in AC2.

Assassin's Creed 3 has a great amount of content, a great story with some of the best characters in the series. And I really like Connor. The optional stuff is quite addictive also.

Assassin's Creed 2 was amazing when it hit, because it was such a dramatic change from AC1. Much like people finding it difficult to like Uncharted 3 more than Uncharted 2, because Uncharted 2 was such a dramatic improvement over the first, a similar affect may be happening here (though I don't doubt people truly love AC2 the most)

For me, Ezio in AC2 is irritating, inconsistent and too comedic. Saying things such as, "A nice change of pace form the usual sneaking and stabbing... I like it." - is just irritaitng. And only serves to make him like a generic, Nathan Drake-y, wise-cracking guy. It undermined his role of an assassin. Other than that, I like the gameplay, but just like every other game except AC1, freeform assassinations is all but gone.

Assassin's Creed Revelations gives you the most tools to play with and has a great story with Altair and Ezio. Unfortunately, I didn't really like the setting.

Brotherhood is a damn fine game, but the story didn/t do it for me like Revelations did.

Bottom line, they are all great games. Just give up on the series if you want some truly free-form, puzzle-like assassinations. Hitman: Absolution is just under two weeks away, look out for it!
#23ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 12:42:56 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Yeah this isn't the board to ask really. Go look up some reviews on youtube or something.
These guys find every way possible to whine about the game.

Is this a better question? If I loved 1,2,BR and RV will I like 3?

I loved 1,2, BR, and RV, and ACIII is my favorite in the series. Again, not the question to ask GameFaqs though, but rather one you should answer for yourself. I -never- go to GameFaqs before I've already played a game, that's just asking to have my first experience ruined for me.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#24giled_tolgraPosted 11/9/2012 12:51:58 PM
IŽd rank them in this order.

AC2
Brotherhood
AC3
Revelations
AC1

AC3 its not near as bad as the forums make it seem, but it really needed a hell lot more of polish
---
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=Windsupernova
Play Whatever. No fanboyism. PW.President of the Biased club
#25SkylightPosted 11/9/2012 2:05:41 PM
ACB > AC2 > AC3 > ACR > AC1

AC3 has the most glitches by far, really obscure trading system (that admittedly doesn't even seem to be worth bothering with), side quests that are very weird in finding them, the map is just as bad as usual, the new menu system is terrible and the gameplay is pretty good.

It's fun, if you dont take it too horribly that the game just isnt as good as some previous entries, you'll probably enjoy it. I am currently, I just get mad when I see all kinds of glaring faults.

I really hate it when games like this get rated 9+ by most/all reviewers. Like.....seriously, they didn't see that many glitches? they didn't find the side quests to be awkward, the transitions to load screens to be, at times, weirdly placed and there being a TON of load times, to be obstructing? come on.
#26D_BartPosted 11/9/2012 2:48:22 PM
giled_tolgra posted...

AC3 its not near as bad as the forums make it seem, but it really needed a hell lot more of polish

This. It's an overall fantastic game, but it really should have been delayed for a few more months.
---
Splash
#27ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 2:52:57 PM
Skylight posted...
ACB > AC2 > AC3 > ACR > AC1

AC3 has the most glitches by far, really obscure trading system (that admittedly doesn't even seem to be worth bothering with), side quests that are very weird in finding them, the map is just as bad as usual, the new menu system is terrible and the gameplay is pretty good.

It's fun, if you dont take it too horribly that the game just isnt as good as some previous entries, you'll probably enjoy it. I am currently, I just get mad when I see all kinds of glaring faults.

I really hate it when games like this get rated 9+ by most/all reviewers. Like.....seriously, they didn't see that many glitches? they didn't find the side quests to be awkward, the transitions to load screens to be, at times, weirdly placed and there being a TON of load times, to be obstructing? come on.

Generally such things are mentioned in reviews, and likely have been (I haven't read any). Fallout: New Vegas received a 8.5 from Game Informer, and one of the most prominent things they made mention of was all of the glitches the game had (which exceeds anything present in this game). Fact is, it got an 8.5 -because- of it's glitches, otherwise it would have scored higher.

Point is, the good far outweighs the bad in this game, which is why it scores so well. I'll agree that I didn't care for the trading system. Side Quests are indeed awkward and perhaps not as explained or guided as well as they should have been, and the load screens do seem more than the norm, but to think that any of that contributes toward ACIII being anything less than a stellar experience just seems wrong to me.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#28shmattaPosted 11/9/2012 3:42:54 PM
To the TC, don't be worried. I've been as big a critic as anyone of the AC series, but this game is good, very good. It's absolutely worth playing. I'm not even done with it yet but feel I've got my value from it and then some.

The frontier exploration is cool and well done, and the mission design has been pretty good also, though I will say it's been a touch on the easy side so far.
#29Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/9/2012 3:46:58 PM
I've only played AC, ACII, ACR and AC3...and AC3 kicks the ever living crap out of the other games.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#30jastenPosted 11/9/2012 3:56:02 PM
Gameplay wise - parts of it are much better than what's come before and parts are just poorly designed. It can be fun when it works, but be prepared for lots of frustrating moments.

Story - yeah, worst of the series. It managed to take a series I can't wait for the next installment and dull that passion to a "well.. I might rent the next game...".

Overall, I wouldn't say it is anywhere as good as most of the series. The only thing that makes it about equal with AC1 is the fact that for as superior as AC1 is in the story, the gameplay in AC3 is that much better. But the Ezio trilogy stomps this game easily... no competition.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts