Doom and gloom has gotten me worried. The game just isn't fun to play?

#31arucard199Posted 11/9/2012 3:57:09 PM
I've played through them all, and I must say that despite being rough around the edges, I like AC3 the best.

Two and Brotherhood were the other ones I really enjoyed prior to 3. I played AC1 after I played 2 which maybe ruined the feel of that game for me.

I agree with the people who said that this game could've used more polish, though.
---
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner
#32DrGonzo615Posted 11/9/2012 4:05:36 PM
There is a ton of stuff to do but the game is unpolished as all hell. Glitches up the arse, control issues from previous games return but the hardest thing to swallow is the terrible mission design....they are either completely contrived, broken, or just not fun at all, not to mention stealth has all but left the series at this point.

I had really high hopes that this game would bring be back to the series (loved AC2) but so far im disappointed and its problems are getting worse the further I get into the game.
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#33LuigiohPosted 11/9/2012 4:09:46 PM
GameFAQs isn't the best place to go if you want honest opinions of games. You have to think of the demographic on here - a bunch of angry nerds that use this place as a toilet.

It's really a great game. For the past year there hasn't been a single game able to tear me away from Dark Souls - besides this one. I love the story, I love the combat. The free running can be pretty buggy from time to time but honestly this is an incredibly fun and deep game. You don't have to constantly go from one mission to the next all the time, taking a break and doing one of the many side missions is a really fun time too.
---
Yes I'm bitter.
#34theGlegendPosted 11/9/2012 4:18:29 PM
this game has bugs. serious big mission affecting bugs..
---
--..::PSN::..-- Dead_Candidate
myspace.com/madmanpresents
#35shmattaPosted 11/9/2012 4:21:14 PM
DrGonzo615 posted...
...the hardest thing to swallow is the terrible mission design....they are either completely contrived, broken, or just not fun at all, not to mention stealth has all but left the series at this point...

?

Stealth has all but left the series?

They don't really seem to emphasize sneaking around as much, but it's still mostly about stealth and finding your way into areas, etc.
#36_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 4:24:01 PM
shmatta posted...
DrGonzo615 posted...
...the hardest thing to swallow is the terrible mission design....they are either completely contrived, broken, or just not fun at all, not to mention stealth has all but left the series at this point...

?

Stealth has all but left the series?

They don't really seem to emphasize sneaking around as much, but it's still mostly about stealth and finding your way into areas, etc.

It's more about fighting your way in via counter kills.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#37sirbennyPosted 11/9/2012 4:29:01 PM
I just quit the game on the last sequence because of the controls.

I want to find a way to cause this game physical pain.

I've had my issues with control on the others, but this game annoys far more than ANY of the others. It does a lot of things very well, but if I can't interact with the world that was built in a consistent way then all that goes out the window. They've had 4 games to make controls better but have failed. (streamlined does not equal better)

Not being fun is this games primary problem. Yesterday it felt like work, today it feels like torture.
#38theGlegendPosted 11/9/2012 4:42:11 PM
the controls take a good learning for sure. but once you get the grasp of using buttons as counters its easy. its still based on button timing rather than mashing
---
#39generaltech14Posted 11/9/2012 4:44:45 PM
I think it is fun for small time periods but there are long boring bits. It is not better than ACII or brotherhood for me personally there were too many glitches (didn't patch it) and it seemed way too short takes only about 10 hours to beat.
#40theGlegendPosted 11/10/2012 10:48:07 AM
no. the single best thing about ac3 is the fact that they revamped the physics. ezio/connor no longer glides on stairways and pitched roofs. i hated that so much about theother games, and all 4 of the originals together didnt even have half the glitches this game has itself.
---