Where can I get sewing threads and 'special iron ingots'?

#1Klop_JobPosted 11/9/2012 6:04:53 AM
I've found all of the chests and have done everysingle homestead mission but I still can't craft such things as pouch upgrades because they require sewing threads and nor alot of the pistols because they require special iron ingots. None of these are yet available on the stockpile and I can only craft sewing threads but I have no wool and no wool is available in the stockpile. How do I get these items? as i've said i've done all of the chests and homestead missions (except encylopedia of the common man).
#2Majin TrunksPosted 11/9/2012 6:28:29 AM
I believe those are things you craft.
---
Don't beg for your life! Pay for it!
#3MadigariPosted 11/9/2012 6:30:29 AM(edited)
You craft sewing threads, and special iron ingots come from somewhere.

I've never figured out where the original ones are, but once you use -all- of them you get naturally, there's a white chest that appears behind the Homestead manor that has enough to craft the rest of the items that need a Special Iron Ingot.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#4FergerbergerPosted 11/9/2012 6:32:21 AM
For sewing thread I believe you need to purchase wool at the manor from your farmer and then go to the crafting tab and under materials should be the option for sewing thread.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5Klop_Job(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:37:09 AM
None of these things work i'm afraid, but thankyou. There is a glitch where you only have barrels available for purchase under the 'Materials' category permanently throughout the entire game, if the land convoy in the tutorial demo of the trading feature gets attacked. I'm another victim of this unfortunately. I cannot purchase wool in order to craft sewing threads in order to craft pistols as I only have barrels available for purchase. Despite doing ALL homestead missions and finding ALL chests. The chest behind the manor did not add special iron ingots into the accounting book either.
#6MadigariPosted 11/9/2012 6:38:32 AM
Klop_Job posted...
None of these things work i'm afraid, but thankyou. There is a glitch where you only have barrels available for purchase under the 'Materials' category permanently throughout the entire game, if the land convoy in the tutorial demo of the trading feature gets attacked. I'm another victim of this unfortunately. I cannot purchase wool in order to craft sewing threads in order to craft pistols as I only have barrels available for purchase. Despite doing ALL homestead missions and finding ALL chests. The chest behind the manor did not add special iron ingots into the accounting book either.

Hmm...Maybe you have to beat the game or something. Or maybe it's glitched for you.

I used all my SII when I beat the game, and then the chest icon appeared on the map when I left the crafting menu. So beating the game might be a requirement.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#7Klop_Job(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:45:16 AM
I've already beaten the game. The chest behind the manor appear after beating the game but it never added special iron ingots into the accounting book after looting it. Ah nevermind.