Dam man anyone think this game is fun!

#31_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:33:17 PM(edited)
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...
You shouldn't. Do you think black people have some telepathic link to MLK that makes them magically feel different? If you can't share the joy of a people's freedom with those people, than all you're doing is engendering differences further. Honestly this kind of thinking disgusts me.

When did I say I didn't share their joy? I said I don't feel the same. Because I don't. Because my culture is so far removed from that time and place - I'll never feel the same strife as those whose parents, grandparents and great grandparents were oppressed. And the same applies for everyone else.

You strike me as the kind of person that whines about it being unfair that white people can't say the N-word without being called a racist, and not understand why that is mental.

Look, I hate using this argument, but I'm black, stop trying to imply that I'm white and that it would somehow discredit my arguments. It is racist if you think white people shouldn't be allowed to say "the N word" (a term I hate more than the word itself). Indeed, you sound like one of those self-hating white people who make things worse for everyone.

You say your culture is so far removed from the civil rights movement, like mine isn't. What year do you think it is?
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#32AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 5:34:07 PM
_Dura_ posted...
Look, I hate using this argument, but I'm black, stop trying to imply that I'm white and that it would somehow discredit my arguments. It is racist if you think white people should be allowed to say "the N word" (a term I hate more than the word itself). Indeed, you sound like one of those self-hating white people who make things worse for everyone.

You say your culture is so far removed from the civil rights movement, like mine isn't. What year do you think it is?

People should be "allowed" to say whatever they want. Saying "the N word" is a, perhaps rather clumsy, politically correct way of referring to that specific term. If that offends you, then I'm sorry, but it certainly isn't racist. Don't try and pull that.

I'm not self-hating in the least. And just because you yourself don't feel a certain way about the relevancy of times passed doesn't mean everyone else does, or should feel the same.
#33ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 5:35:17 PM
_Dura_ posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
_Dura_ posted...
I hated it because I'm white.

See how silly that sounds?

You're right, it does sound silly. What he said doesn't.

"I am White and I really feel a connection with John Marston and I really like how they kind of keep true to how the white man treated the Natives it actually mad me proud and emotional which i haven't felt for a game in a long time.

I really do love this game it feels good and the weapons are so good. Love the American West styled weapons (repeating rifle) and online is pretty sweet"

DO YOU SEE HOW SILLY THIS IS?

Yes, I do. I don't see what makes the original post silly.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#34_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:39:04 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Look, I hate using this argument, but I'm black, stop trying to imply that I'm white and that it would somehow discredit my arguments. It is racist if you think white people should be allowed to say "the N word" (a term I hate more than the word itself). Indeed, you sound like one of those self-hating white people who make things worse for everyone.

People should be "allowed" to say whatever they want. Saying "the N word" is a, perhaps rather clumsy, politically correct way of referring to that specific term. If that offends you, then I'm sorry, but it certainly isn't racist. Don't try and pull that.

I'm not self-hating in the least. And just because you yourself don't feel a certain way about the relevancy of times passed doesn't mean everyone else does, or should feel the same.

I meant to imply they should be able to say whatever they want. Typo on my part. Moving on.

The times past are not irrelevant and I never claimed they were. But my generation does not magically have a link to said times because of their genetics. They never experienced oppression and never will, and anyone who uses, or supports using, it as a crutch is doing more harm than good for everyone.

To return to the topic at hand, liking a game more because of the race of the main character is EXTREMELY childish. Do you think I am unable to connect with Ezio when he loses Cristina because he's Italian, but that any random Italian-American today magically has a special empathy with him? If so, it's time to grow up.
---
#35ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 5:39:13 PM
_Dura_ posted...
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Sorry to piss in your breakfast cereal, but liking a game because the main character is the same race as you is as infantile as one can get.

So being able to personally identify with characters that share your heritage, background, personality and views is infantile? It's ironic, because I think throwing a strop on the Internet because you don't feel the same as someone else is infantile, but there you go.

If you're shallow enough to think being the same race grants you better sympathy with the main character, you are woefully misguided. Maybe someone who had his mother die, or someone who never knew their father might have a more personal connection, because these are the things that make a character. His genetics do not.

Being native american is more than just a skin color, especially so in this game. Not to mention, such things are very much unrepresented within video games. Had I been native american, I might feel some semblance of pride myself in catching a glimpse of my own roots through an Assassin's Creed medium.

"Genetics" can add just as much character as gender can.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
#36_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:40:19 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
_Dura_ posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
_Dura_ posted...

You're right, it does sound silly. What he said doesn't.

"I am White and I really feel a connection with John Marston and I really like how they kind of keep true to how the white man treated the Natives it actually mad me proud and emotional which i haven't felt for a game in a long time.

I really do love this game it feels good and the weapons are so good. Love the American West styled weapons (repeating rifle) and online is pretty sweet"

DO YOU SEE HOW SILLY THIS IS?

Yes, I do. I don't see what makes the original post silly.

Then I'm truly sorry for your inability to critically analyze statements.
---
#37Skeletonwitch00Posted 11/9/2012 5:40:53 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...

lamMelvin posted...
_Dura_ posted...

Oh my god, me too! Why the White man always gotta be the villian!

Sarcasm/

Yes, because white people are so oppressed. What entitled little brats.

Excuse me, but i believe that chip on your shoulder is bigger than your head.
---
Worship the Witch
#38_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:41:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 5:46:22 PM
_Dura_ posted...
I meant to imply they should be able to say whatever they want. Typo on my part. Moving on.

The times past are not irrelevant and I never claimed they were. But my generation does not magically have a link to said times because of their genetics. They never experienced oppression and never will, and anyone who uses, or supports using, it as a crutch is doing more harm than good for everyone.

No, but people who did experience oppression have children, and grandchildren, and some of those children and grandchildren are affected differently by their parents'/grandparents' recollections. I don't mean to be condescending, but you really seem to be struggling to grasp the fact that not everybody is the same as you, or thinks the same way you do.

_Dura_ posted...
To return to the topic at hand, liking a game more because of the race of the main character is EXTREMELY childish. Do you think I am unable to connect with Ezio when he loses Cristina because he's Italian, but that any random Italian-American today magically has a special empathy with him? If so, it's time to grow up.

I don't see where anyone said there was a disconnect due to race. You're trying way too hard to be thick-skulled if you really cannot see why someone living in the same place, sharing the same heritage and upbringing has the capacity to feel more connected to a character than someone who is not.
#40ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/9/2012 5:47:42 PM
_Dura_ posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...
_Dura_ posted...
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...
Sorry to piss in your breakfast cereal, but liking a game because the main character is the same race as you is as infantile as one can get.

So being able to personally identify with characters that share your heritage, background, personality and views is infantile? It's ironic, because I think throwing a strop on the Internet because you don't feel the same as someone else is infantile, but there you go.

If you're shallow enough to think being the same race grants you better sympathy with the main character, you are woefully misguided. Maybe someone who had his mother die, or someone who never knew their father might have a more personal connection, because these are the things that make a character. His genetics do not.

Being native american is more than just a skin color, especially so in this game. Not to mention, such things are very much unrepresented within video games. Had I been native american, I might feel some semblance of pride myself in catching a glimpse of my own roots through an Assassin's Creed medium.

"Genetics" can add just as much character as gender can.

Oh, you're one of those cretins that think people can have pride in their race, something they had nothing to do with. What a joke.

I think the true question here, is why the topic at hand is so critically important to you. What business is it of yours, whatsoever, what he was able to take from the game? It's no secret that I've found you to be nothing short of narrow-minded when it comes to ACIII and the people who enjoyed it, but this is seriously stepping into some extreme territory. Next you're going to tell me that you chastise anybody that believes in and praises god, and dares have the courage to speak of it.
---