Dam man anyone think this game is fun!

#41AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 4:50:20 PM
Skeletonwitch00 posted...
Excuse me, but i believe that chip on your shoulder is bigger than your head.

Either you don't know what having a chip on your shoulder means or you've made a very silly mistake. Try again.
#42_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 4:51:04 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...
I meant to imply they should be able to say whatever they want. Typo on my part. Moving on.

The times past are not irrelevant and I never claimed they were. But my generation does not magically have a link to said times because of their genetics. They never experienced oppression and never will, and anyone who uses, or supports using, it as a crutch is doing more harm than good for everyone.

No, but people who did experience oppression have children, and grandchildren, and some of those children and grandchildren are affected differently by their parents'/grandparents' recollections. I don't mean to be condescending, but you really seem to be struggling to grasp the fact that not everybody is the same as you, or thinks the same way you do.

_Dura_ posted...
To return to the topic at hand, liking a game more because of the race of the main character is EXTREMELY childish. Do you think I am unable to connect with Ezio when he loses Cristina because he's Italian, but that any random Italian-American today magically has a special empathy with him? If so, it's time to grow up.

I don't see where anyone said there was a disconnect due to race. You're trying way too hard to be thick-skulled if you really cannot see why someone living in the same place, sharing the same heritage and upbringing has the capacity to feel more connected to a character than someone who is not.

If they have hurt feelings 50 years later, they can deal with it themselves, it still doesn't give them magical feely powers.

And yes, I agree, if someone had the same upbringing in the same place and culture as Connor they might very well have a better connection with him. Unfortunately I doubt very many people who grew up in early 1700's New England are still around to feel such connection, and if you think Native Americans are still living the same way you are hilariously ill-informed on the subject.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#43_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 4:54:42 PM
ChocoboDreams posted...
I think the true question here, is why the topic at hand is so critically important to you. What business is it of yours, whatsoever, what he was able to take from the game? It's no secret that I've found you to be nothing short of narrow-minded when it comes to ACIII and the people who enjoyed it, but this is seriously stepping into some extreme territory. Next you're going to tell me that you chastise anybody that believes in and praises god, and dares have the courage to speak of it.

I could ask you why my criticism chaps your ass so much. And yes, I do chastise anyone who speaks out about their god, as is my right. Anyone who puts something in public, be it this topic or their beliefs, had better be willing to have those statements criticized. If it buggers their breeches to have their public statements criticized so much, then maybe they should reconsider the statements.

I quite enjoy a good argument, and in fact am enjoying this one.
---
#44AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 4:56:03 PM
_Dura_ posted...
If they have hurt feelings 50 years later, they can deal with it themselves, it still doesn't give them magical feely powers.

It has nothing to do with having hurt feelings. But sure, desperately try to triviliase it because you don't have a sensible argument.

_Dura_ posted...
And yes, I agree, if someone had the same upbringing in the same place and culture as Connor they might very well have a better connection with him. Unfortunately I doubt very many people who grew up in early 1700's New England are still around to feel such connection, and if you think Native Americans are still living the same way you are hilariously ill-informed on the subject.

So political views and ideologies cannot be passed down from generation to generation, but only experienced in the present moment by those suffering there and then? Your argument is really falling apart here.
#45_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 4:58:03 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...

It has nothing to do with having hurt feelings. But sure, desperately try to triviliase it because you don't have a sensible argument.

_Dura_ posted...

So political views and ideologies cannot be passed down from generation to generation, but only experienced in the present moment by those suffering there and then? Your argument is really falling apart here.

Yes. If anyone thinks they have a link to the suffering people went through under true racism and segregation, it does nothing but cheapen the accomplishments of those who got out from under it. Same with the TC, if he thinks he can relate to how his ancestors were treated by the colonists, he is wrong and does nothing but devalue what his ancestors went through. THAT is what's being trivialized here.
---
#46VirtrudianPosted 11/9/2012 5:02:28 PM
Being Asian, I kill everybody I see in this game. I hate whites, native Americans, and blacks, all irl. Yeah! The only reason I bought this, and the rest if the games in this God awful series is so I could kill other ethnicitys. You're all oppressive morons who feel entitled to everything!
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7
#47AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 5:03:29 PM
_Dura_ posted...
Yes. If anyone thinks they have a link to the suffering people went through under true racism and segregation, it does nothing but cheapen the accomplishments of those who got out from under it. Same with the TC, if he thinks he can relate to how his ancestors were treated by the colonists, he is wrong and does nothing but devalue what his ancestors went through. THAT is what's being trivialized here.

So, in your mind, there is no link whatsoever between the grandchild of a black American who has raised his children and grandchildren in an environment where they're told, first-hand, of his experiences, and those experiences? He'll feel exactly the same about the civil rights movement as an English child, who has never even heard of MLK? Now, I'm not sure whether you've just gone overboard now because you've run out of ideas, but surely, you can see how idiotic that sounds.
#48_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:07:13 PM
AyahRiven posted...
_Dura_ posted...

So, in your mind, there is no link whatsoever between the grandchild of a black American who has raised his children and grandchildren in an environment where they're told, first-hand, of his experiences, and those experiences? He'll feel exactly the same about the civil rights movement as an English child, who has never even heard of MLK? Now, I'm not sure whether you've just gone overboard now because you've run out of ideas, but surely, you can see how idiotic that sounds.

Yes. I'm sorry, but if people can't let it go then they will perpetuate that same divisiveness until the end of their days. You think I didn't hear the stories of fire hoses and riot cops and having things vandalized? A history lesson to be sure, and one to never forget. But they are as distant to me, and anyone else in my generation, as slavery is. Again, genetics do not give ANYONE a deeper understanding of ANYTHING. Ever. And it's racist to say that it would.
---
#49Skeletonwitch00Posted 11/9/2012 5:12:26 PM
Blacks are the only race ever to have been slaves, ever, in the history of humanity.
---
Worship the Witch
#50AyahRivenPosted 11/9/2012 5:16:58 PM(edited)
_Dura_ posted...
Yes. I'm sorry, but if people can't let it go then they will perpetuate that same divisiveness until the end of their days. You think I didn't hear the stories of fire hoses and riot cops and having things vandalized? A history lesson to be sure, and one to never forget. But they are as distant to me, and anyone else in my generation, as slavery is. Again, genetics do not give ANYONE a deeper understanding of ANYTHING. Ever. And it's racist to say that it would.

Nobody ever said a deeper understanding. That would be silly. But a deeper connection? Of course it does. From a biological standpoint, of course we feel more sympathy to those that we are related to, however distant (and I hate to break it to you, but 2-3 generations isn't very distant.) Does that mean it's morally right? Of course not, and I understand what you're trying to say, I really do, but you're not making any sense trying to shoehorn that argument into this conversation.

At the end of the day, you made a flippant, childish comment in response to the OP and I pointed that out. I really don't see where this conversation can go now, but I'm sure you'll drag it somewhere.