oak island aligning riddle bugged as f

#1lusciousssPosted 11/9/2012 5:20:52 PM
ugh i spent hours finding trinkets and kidd's former members only to be stuck in this mission for an hour again

all of the riddles work EXCEPT for the one where you align 4 trees. it worked the first time, but i jumped off the tree and died. now, it doesn't work at f-ing all. retried like 10 times now
#2_Dura_Posted 11/9/2012 5:21:49 PM
Harsh. Kidd's outfit is ballin'.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#3arkff7Posted 11/9/2012 5:24:12 PM
you have to exit the memory and re enter.
#4Vercinget0rixPosted 11/9/2012 5:25:33 PM
Just wait until you get the wolves attacking you and the QTEs fail no matter what you press. That's the most fun part.
#5OhhSnapPosted 11/9/2012 5:26:32 PM
You're just doing it wrong. But then again I guess doing things wrong = bugged on these forums.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#6_Shikoba_Posted 11/9/2012 5:26:47 PM
Vercinget0rix posted...
Just wait until you get the wolves attacking you and the QTEs fail no matter what you press. That's the most fun part.

So that is a glitch... I had that happen once and was like "wtf!" thinking it was me or something. After dying it worked fine.
---
PSN: Bad_Brains
3DS: 3909-7542-9022
#7lusciousss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:26:49 PM
great, it worked just now

finally
#8lusciousss(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:28:21 PM
OhhSnap posted...
You're just doing it wrong. But then again I guess doing things wrong = bugged on these forums.

aligning it wrong 10 times? it worked the first time, why wouldn't it work the other 9 times?
#9SydLosttarotPosted 11/11/2012 9:26:31 PM
arkff7 posted...
you have to exit the memory and re enter.

I can confirm this is correct. I'll lay out everything that led to me getting hung up by this mission.

Arrived at the island and I did three out of four of the puzzles. I didn't align the eagle nest properly the first time and had to load the checkpoint. From then on, whether it was the eagle puzzle of three trees and a rock or the wolf one...nothing would align properly. I actually mistook this instruction with the dying one and desynched rather than reload once to see if that would work. Nothing. I exit and redo the puzzles with ease in about a minute and fifteen after half a dozen failed tries.

Now the wolves. I actually don't think this is too glitched. Out of twelve times I needed to do this, three of them were glitch fails. Most were my human error. Wrong inputs and beyond that, the damage threshold is lowered so that you'll fail quickly if you get chomped. They're also quicker (the QTE responses).

The reason I detailed it like this is because I'm sick of seeing apologists or Polyannas dismissing people with problems. Congrats on not being hit with a legion of flies, but it happens and apparently it happens to a fair amount of people. Some of the backlash for things like facial animations not synced up are overblown, but mission fails like this are not acceptable. If this tip weren't here, I might not have bothered to continue this particular mission and I paid good money for this game. Should not have to have these problems, but the next "best" thing to that is I or anyone else who has problems and points them out shouldn't be lambasted for it. Especially if there's an end-run out there. If you haven't been hit with a glitch in question and you can't be equivocal about it, stay the **** out of the topic.

Now I'm going back to playing what is a pretty good game marred by minor to major glitches. Good luck to everyone out there.