Buggiest Game You've Played in Awhile? Y/N?

#21jenofwildfirePosted 11/10/2012 5:56:58 PM
AyahRiven posted...
egpNoodlez posted...
"WARNING: Your ancestor skinned every animal they killed. You will desync if you do not skin the next animal you kill".

LOL. Is that true? I'm trying that. If so, what the **** were they thinking?

Yep, it's called "accuracy". Connor's half British, but he was raised as a Mohawk, and would have Native beliefs about spirits and killing, but not skinning and taking all usable parts of the animal dishonors the animal's sacrifice. To me, this proves that Ubisoft was listening to their Native culture consultant. *is part Indian, too*

It only takes a few extra seconds to skin an animal(and you get money from selling the animal parts you sell), and you can skip the cutscene that plays each time.

As for glitches, I think the most obvious ones I ran into were Captain Telepathy on the ship in the beginning with Haytham and when enemies occasionally turn noodly and spaz out before disappearing after I kill them.
#22AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 6:23:26 PM
jenofwildfire posted...
Yep, it's called "accuracy". Connor's half British, but he was raised as a Mohawk, and would have Native beliefs about spirits and killing, but not skinning and taking all usable parts of the animal dishonors the animal's sacrifice. To me, this proves that Ubisoft was listening to their Native culture consultant. *is part Indian, too*

It only takes a few extra seconds to skin an animal(and you get money from selling the animal parts you sell), and you can skip the cutscene that plays each time.

As for glitches, I think the most obvious ones I ran into were Captain Telepathy on the ship in the beginning with Haytham and when enemies occasionally turn noodly and spaz out before disappearing after I kill them.

It's still a laughably silly gameplay restraint. Want to keep it accurate? Sure, have a pop-up tell people he skinned them all. But to desynchronise players for it and make them reload? What in the **** were they thinking?
#23onoisaajasonxXxPosted 11/10/2012 7:26:35 PM
ohhhhhhhh yea. not sure if its been buggier than skyrim was for me, but probably. lots of bugs
---
PSN - onoisaajasonx
SSBB code - 5412 9785 8347
#24occupinePosted 11/10/2012 7:32:21 PM
its funny how only those with the NSCA discs cry about bugs. Sure I have like ONE bug (which does prevent me from platinum) but It is likely to be patched. Almost EVERY game I have owned has been bug free. the WWE games (which apparently are full of bugs). Previous AC games (not a single bug for me). Bleach: Soul Ressureccion.
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#25Swordsman0Posted 11/10/2012 7:50:53 PM(edited)
AyahRiven posted...
jenofwildfire posted...

It's still a laughably silly gameplay restraint. Want to keep it accurate? Sure, have a pop-up tell people he skinned them all. But to desynchronise players for it and make them reload? What in the **** were they thinking?

Yes, what the **** were they thinking in making their game that's based around history historically accurate?

What idiots, right?

The point of the game is that you're living as your ancestor. Failing to live as your ancestor would causes you to desync from him.

Not sure what your problem is, this actually makes complete sense.
---
"Oh my bad. Spoiler Alert: George Washington survives the Revolutionary War." DoubleTap868 on spoiling the American Revolution.
#26NahchillhomebroPosted 11/10/2012 7:49:06 PM
I've come to the point where as long as it's not as buggy as Skyrim I'm okay.
---
I KEEL YOU!
#27capcat123Posted 11/10/2012 7:56:36 PM
no

i would hand it to Team Fortress 2
---
My Body Is Ready
#28AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 8:00:10 PM
Swordsman0 posted...
Yes, what the **** were they thinking in making their game that's based around history historically accurate?

What idiots, right?

The point of the game is that you're living as your ancestor. Failing to live as your ancestor would causes you to desync from him.

Not sure what your problem is, this actually makes complete sense.

Fun & gameplay > realism. Every time. If I wanted history, I'd read a book. Not to mention they could quite easily keep it historically accurate and not have stupid, arbitrary punishments that limit gameplay.

But of course, those that arse-lick AC will quite literally defend anything, regardless of sense or reason.
#29Fou LuPosted 11/10/2012 8:04:38 PM
Yep. Best bug I've encountered so far was I walked into Achilles' room, he's on the chair sleeping, I walk out of the room then head back in a minute later, and Achilles is standing in front of the chair, which is still occupied by a sleeping Achilles. The man had a twin!
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#30Maximum OverdrivePosted 11/10/2012 8:06:48 PM
I would have to say, yes.

---
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL