Buggiest Game You've Played in Awhile? Y/N?

#41DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 8:31:58 PM
AyahRiven posted...
But you're not fully synched with Connor if you don't do the optional objectives, so you should be desynched. Why are those objectives optional, but skinning or not skinning animals is not? You make very little sense.

Gameplay mechanic. Wasting of animal resources is far more important to the culture of the character than optional objectives. You're arguing for the sake of arguing, that's what's ridiculous.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#42AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 8:36:05 PM
occupine posted...
because something spiritual is far more important than some bullcrap that he didn't HAVE to do

The point is that it's in synch with Connor's life, not what is "important."

DrunkBeardGuy posted...
Gameplay mechanic. Wasting of animal resources is far more important to the culture of the character than optional objectives. You're arguing for the sake of arguing, that's what's ridiculous.

But I can kill a few animals and never skin them, but doing it a certain number of times is what is restricted. So even running with your silly explanation, you are still wrong. You are arguing for the sake of arguing, and you're wrong. That's what's ridiculous.
#43DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 8:44:55 PM
Take it up with Ubisoft, pal. I didn't make the rules. All I'm saying is desynching by not skinning animals makes sense to his culture.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#44habbox77Posted 11/10/2012 8:46:00 PM
Slaughterhouze2 posted...
N

Skyrim

---
Official Gran Maestro of the Spanish Assassins of the AC3 Boards.
Victoria a los Asesinos!
#45AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 8:47:02 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
Take it up with Ubisoft, pal. I didn't make the rules. All I'm saying is desynching by not skinning animals makes sense to his culture.

But it doesn't when I can choose not to skin, say, 4 animals, but not skinning the 5th one desynchs me. Oh look, your argument has evaporated. Funny that.
#46awsomemanspiffPosted 11/10/2012 8:48:11 PM
Slaughterhouze2 posted...
N

Skyrim

---
Favorite shows:Arrested development and firefly.
If you're a Christian you're cool. If you're not you're still cool I don't care.
#47OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 8:49:22 PM
AyahRiven posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...

But it doesn't when I can choose not to skin, say, 4 animals, but not skinning the 5th one desynchs me. Oh look, your argument has evaporated. Funny that.

Okay guys. Maybe I can explain better.

Let's just say optional objectives are just a way to recover further memories that you aren't aware of Connor doing. Kinda like putting the minor pieces of the puzzle in place. Making the synch more "complete"

These memories are like little things to add on to what Connor actually did, but you didn't dig deep enough into the memory to find out what extra stuff he did. You don't desynch because it doesn't really detract from the true story of Connor's life.

- By completing this, you've done EVERYTHING possible he's done in those missions.

- By not completing this, you've done every significant thing he's done but you just haven't recovered the excess fragments of those memories. Kinda like eating a plate without finishing everything. But even so, you're still on par with his experiences.

And it's Connor's tradition and belief that it's a waste to kill an animal and not take it's assets. So therefore he didn't do it; he never did.

And so by actually doing that, by leaving an animal without skinning it, you're doing something Connor never did in his memory; therefore decreasing your synch and eventually completely desynching.

- By skinning an animal you're doing exactly as Connor did. It's his tradition to skin animals.

- By wasting animals, you're doing something he didn't do at all, so it doesn't match his memory and doesn't synch right, therefore the desynch.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#48AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 8:51:07 PM
OhhSnap posted...
AyahRiven posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...

Let's just say optional objectives are just a way to recover further memories that you aren't aware of Connor doing. Kinda like putting the minor pieces of the puzzle in place. Making the synch more "complete"

These memories are like little things to add on to what Connor actually did, but you didn't dig deep enough into the memory to find out what extra stuff he did. You don't desynch because it doesn't really detract from the true story of Connor's life.

- By completing this, you've done EVERYTHING possible he's done in those missions.

- By not completing this, you've done every significant thing he's done but you just haven't recovered the excess fragments of those memories. Kinda like eating a plate without finishing everything. But even so, you're still on par with his experiences.

And it's Connor's tradition and belief that it's a waste to kill an animal and not take it's assets. So therefore he didn't do it; he never did.

And so by actually doing that, by leaving an animal without skinning it, you're doing something Connor never did in his memory; therefore decreasing your synch and eventually completely desynching.

- By skinning an animal you're doing exactly as Connor did. It's his tradition to skin animals.

- By wasting animals, you're doing something he didn't do at all, so it doesn't match his memory and doesn't synch right, therefore the desynch.

But I can waste 4 animals, so that argument goes right out the window.
#49OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 8:56:31 PM
You can waste 4 animals yes. Wasting those 4 animals detracts you from Connor's memories; and damages the connection.

It confuses the animus because Connor never did that; and it severs the connection a bit. Kinda like whackin a stick at a sharp corner of a wall too much, or tugging your earphones really hard.

At some point you'd do it too much, lets say you kill a 5th or 6th. That's like the breaking point. The point at which the animus flips out and desynchs you; the point at which the stick breaks and the earphone wires get torn.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#50occupinePosted 11/10/2012 8:56:44 PM
AyahRiven posted...
OhhSnap posted...
AyahRiven posted...
DrunkBeardGuy posted...

But I can waste 4 animals, so that argument goes right out the window.

you are an idiot arent you? You don't instantly desynch, you slightly go out of synch. imagine not skinning an animal is 20% of going out of synch. Do it 4 times and thats 80% so you are dangerously close. the 5th one makes it 100% so you can no longer access the memory
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!