Buggiest Game You've Played in Awhile? Y/N?

#51DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 8:59:16 PM
OhhSnap posted...
At some point you'd do it too much, lets say you kill a 5th or 6th. That's like the breaking point. The point at which the animus flips out and desynchs you; the point at which the stick breaks and the earphone wires get torn.

This. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. For the thickheaded people, they should have just desynched you from the first animal that you don't skin.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#52AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:03:17 PM
Right. So the argument now is "the game arbitrarily decides how much you can and can't do and remain in synch." To which I bring my original point up: why does it have to desynch me? Why can it not just tell me the synch is deteriorating to maintain the illusion of accuracy, whilst also letting me play the game without being forced to do things?

It just seems rather silly that people are game over'd for not skinning animals. I understand the reasoning, but it's still incredibly stupid game design.
#53occupinePosted 11/10/2012 9:07:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#54AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:08:25 PM
occupine posted...
just gtfo. you are one of the most stupid people I have ever met. And that is saying something

I'm not sure how I pipped your parents to that particular post, but I am honoured.
#55_Dura_Posted 11/10/2012 9:09:03 PM
But he's right. Especially considering the alarming rate at which wolves and bobcats march to their death by attacking you, and the utter uselessness of their pelts after you've bought everything.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#56occupinePosted 11/10/2012 9:11:24 PM
_Dura_ posted...
But he's right. Especially considering the alarming rate at which wolves and bobcats march to their death by attacking you, and the utter uselessness of their pelts after you've bought everything.

so connor is supposed to crap on his beliefs because your rich? seems fair
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#57OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 9:11:34 PM
AyahRiven posted...
Right. So the argument now is "the game arbitrarily decides how much you can and can't do and remain in synch." To which I bring my original point up: why does it have to desynch me? Why can it not just tell me the synch is deteriorating to maintain the illusion of accuracy, whilst also letting me play the game without being forced to do things?

It just seems rather silly that people are game over'd for not skinning animals. I understand the reasoning, but it's still incredibly stupid game design.

It actually does IIRC. There's like a warning popup after you've killed a certain number of animals without skinning. I will try to test it now to see what it says.

You're actually really "forced" in everything you do in the game. You're re-living an ancestor's memories therefore doing everything he's doing and nothing he isn't doing. Anything you do that he hasn't done will only chip away at that synch and de-synch you.

The only things really that you are capable of doing... (that your ancestor had never done) is to kill an animal without skinning, to die at a point before the game ends, and to kill civilians. And those 3 cause you to desynch cause it doesn't follow the actual memory.

Everything else you can do in the game has already been done by the ancestor therefore you're able to do those things.

I agree though, that you getting desynched for not skinning is pretty stupid.. But the animus can only really follow a memory, it doesn't allow you to create your own memory where you can do whatever the hell you want; otherwise there'd be a bunch of crazy stuff going on in there.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#58AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:13:02 PM
Also, just to make some die-hard "ur s00pid its teh synch" plebs heads explode: I can kill 2 animals and not lose any synch whatsoever. Not even a little bit. So which is it, Connor never killed and wasted anything, or he killed and wasted what you, the player, chooses to kill and waste? If the latter is true, what's the reason for the desynch?

To take it one step further, if I run around in 500 circles before every mission, is that "what Connor did," because I remain 100% synched? Stop using the game's explanations for hokey things to defend the silly parts. It only makes you look weirdly desperate.
#59AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:14:59 PM
occupine posted...
so connor is supposed to crap on his beliefs because your rich? seems fair

I'm not sure you're even following the conversation here.
#60DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 9:16:31 PM
AyahRiven posted...
To take it one step further, if I run around in 500 circles before every mission, is that "what Connor did," because I remain 100% synched?

You know damn well that's not what we're talking about. Why don't you just skin the animals? It takes a whole second, and in the time that you've spent on here whining about it, you could have killed and skinned everything in the frontier.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end